Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Still no Cap ongoing. Instead, he's teaming up with Tony for five months.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement
    Looking forward to Cap and Tony teaming up. Always loved when it happened back in the day. Also they will be teaming up in Avengers annual #1.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone else got satisfaction when Sam threw that racist cop through the glass. Man what a relevant issue this was. though Dean Cain and Fox might complain about this too lol
    !!! when was this at?

United States of Captain America #2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

United States of Captain America #2.
    Welp, you all just sold me on a new addition to my pull list!

Fantastic Member

wow marvel must really be having problems locking in a new writer for a new cap ongoing if were getting another cap mini....united states of cap has been real good and cantwell does a great job on this and ironman but sales have been downright awful the lowest in many years Coates for all his great work on black panther his cap run was next level bad and brought absolutely nothing new to the character. I know suppsodly theres major bad blood between them and i dont know the entire story but TOm King would be perfect for cap, and remember al ewing cant write every marvel book.

Bad blood? King was in the middle of The Vision, got offered Batman on the strength of his earlier work on Omega Men and Grayson, and so signed up for a DC exclusive. But he was allowed to complete The Vision's 12 issue run, and his creation Viv Vision became a mainstay in Champions which launched at around the time The Vision finished, so where's the bad blood?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

there is a lot lot lot more to why he left marvel for dc marvel knew after he turned in the first issue vision was going to be a hit and marvel wanted him on the main avengers book asap and he was locked into that but promises were made by others to mark waid for his awful avengers run with the new generation characters and king moved on , do a little searching theres a bunch of other stuff as well regarding some public online comments made

Huh? I thought it was Remender who they wanted on Avengers? He wrote the Rage of Ultron OGN, which updated the roster to include the Jane Foster Thor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    wow marvel must really be having problems locking in a new writer for a new cap ongoing if were getting another cap mini....united states of cap has been real good and cantwell does a great job on this and ironman but sales have been downright awful the lowest in many years Coates for all his great work on black panther his cap run was next level bad and brought absolutely nothing new to the character. I know suppsodly theres major bad blood between them and i dont know the entire story but TOm King would be perfect for cap, and remember al ewing cant write every marvel book.
    Maybe the next writer is working on another project and couldn't commit to starting right away? And maybe Marvel wants them bad enough that they are willing to wait? I honestly have no idea who I want at this point. I've always been character first, so the writer isn't make or break for me. There are a few outstanding writers and a few really bad ones and everyone else is mostly in between. I'll pass way more because of the artist than a writer.

Huh? I thought it was Remender who they wanted on Avengers? He wrote the Rage of Ultron OGN, which updated the roster to include the Jane Foster Thor.
    No, Remender was about to write x-men when he said Bye to Marvel.

I don't buy the hype on King, he is mostly repetitive than Remender
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-17-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

I posted this in the X-Men thread, but I'll add here too. Now that Hickman is leaving X-Men and moving to another Marvel book, what are the chances that it is Cap? It could be why they haven't announced the new writer yet. They had to let his X-stuff play out. Maybe they are doing this Iron Man/Cap book to fill the gap until he is caught up?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I posted this in the X-Men thread, but I'll add here too. Now that Hickman is leaving X-Men and moving to another Marvel book, what are the chances that it is Cap? It could be why they haven't announced the new writer yet. They had to let his X-stuff play out. Maybe they are doing this Iron Man/Cap book to fill the gap until he is caught up?
    Hell I hope not...after the way he screwed up the X-Men can you imagine what he would do to Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Hell I hope not...after the way he screwed up the X-Men can you imagine what he would do to Cap?
    Really not into him getting out of the book halfway, he already scrwed up Rogers when he wrote Avengers.

It's a big thing so I imagine it is a event, not a character solo

Besides, Hickman just doesn't DO solo books. It's always teams. Fantastic Four, Avengers, X-Men. So that leaves Guardians of the Galaxy, or Champions, if indeed it'll be an ongoing. It could indeed be a linewide event he has planned.

Fantastic Member

I also think Cap is too grounded for Hickman. It would be interesting, but not his bread-and-butter.