Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I also think Cap is too grounded for Hickman. It would be interesting, but not his bread-and-butter.
    Funny enough, over in the Spider-Man section of the forums, they happen to be talking about, "What if Hickman takes over writing Spider-Man after Nick Spencer leaves and Spider-Man Beyond is finished?" While it would be interesting to see Hickman really go into the crazier sci-fi/fantastical elements that have been introduced into the Spider-Man mythos over the years, I'd agree in the end that that's just not the kind of character Hickman seems drawn toward, whether Cap or Spidey. At least with Captain America as the de facto leader and moral core of the Avengers, Hickman could work the angle of his idealism and morality ultimately clashing with Iron Man and the reassembled Illuminati's ruthless pragmatism and willingness to cross moral lines in the name of their universe's survival in the face of total Multiversal collapse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh yeah, I remember the last think Hickman wrote with those two being them trying to kill each other before the Incursion...

(I would rather Hickman not write Cap again).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember the last think Hickman wrote with those two being them trying to kill each other before the Incursion...

(I would rather Hickman not write Cap again).
    Fair enough. His Avengers run ending in the collapse of the Multiverse and the Avengers themselves falling apart because of the actions taken to deal with said collapse, especially embodied by Cap and Tony killing each other right before the final Incursion . . . that was a pretty sour note, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough. His Avengers run ending in the collapse of the Multiverse and the Avengers themselves falling apart because of the actions taken to deal with said collapse, especially embodied by Cap and Tony killing each other right before the final Incursion . . . that was a pretty sour note, to say the least.
    And it was never mentioned again .

Wasn't it mentioned in Aaron's first Avengers issue? The team in Waid's run hadn't had Steve on it, so that was the first time since Secret Wars that Steve and Tony were working together.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned in Aaron's first Avengers issue? The team in Waid's run hadn't had Steve on it, so that was the first time since Secret Wars that Steve and Tony were working together.
    I don't think that specific tussle was brought up so overtly...

I don't think that specific tussle was brought up so overtly...
    Yeah, for all we know, they could have been referring to the original superhero Civil War.

Yeah, for all we know, they could have been referring to the original superhero Civil War.
    I think mostly of Hickman Avengers were retconned in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I think mostly of Hickman Avengers were retconned in the end
    Technically, when Secret Wars ended with the reconstitution of the Marvel Multiverse, I think it was largely the events of "Time Runs Out" that were undone, although the people who were in the Multiverse life rafts should still remember much of what happened. Probably another one of those things where they decided to "let bygones be bygones."

Technically, when Secret Wars ended with the reconstitution of the Marvel Multiverse, I think it was largely the events of "Time Runs Out" that were undone, although the people who were in the Multiverse life rafts should still remember much of what happened. Probably another one of those things where they decided to "let bygones be bygones."
    I think they implied the time-jumble made T'Challa king of Wakanda again, if I'm not mistaken.

It's likely that with Avengers Annual #1 and the Captain America/Iron Man mini coming out that those things won't be brought up as often and the characters will be getting back to the brotherhood they shared in the past.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-22-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I think they implied the time-jumble made T'Challa king of Wakanda again, if I'm not mistaken.
    Mostly because Shuri turned out to have been incapacitated, her body and soul somehow separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It's likely that with Avengers Annual #1 and the Captain America/Iron Man mini coming out that those things won't be brought up as often and the characters will be getting back to the brotherhood they shared in the past.
    I would hope so, yeah.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if the Cap/IM mini is leading into a new ongoing? I hope we get a writer like Cantwell, who wants to dust off Cap’s golden oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Good to hear! Brotherly love, that's what I'm here for. I'm all for it, all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good to hear! Brotherly love, that's what I'm here for. I'm all for it, all the way!

This scene is from one of my all time favorite issues. Great pick my friend.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark