Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good to hear! Brotherly love, that's what I'm here for. I'm all for it, all the way!

I'm guessing this is where Steve finally forgives Tony for Armor Wars?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Good to hear! Brotherly love, that's what I'm here for. I'm all for it, all the way!

This looks like a Rik Levins issue. Post O:GS?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Both of you guys are correct. I could imagine how hard it was for Tony to go into a bar and explain his actions. Just really great writing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This scene is from one of my all time favorite issues. Great pick my friend.
    Thanks! I also thought it was interesting that the bar was littered with well-known characters & famous celebrities: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Capta...rica_Vol_1_401

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Both of you guys are correct. I could imagine how hard it was for Tony to go into a bar and explain his actions. Just really great writing.
    I know, right?! Written by someone who has extensive knowledge of every character in the Marvel Universe, you really shouldn't expect any less (IMHO):

That makes me wish MCU Steve had gotten to meet MCU Walker...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Loved him in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so glad to see him back in the saddle, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I am note really feeling it with this United States of Cap...

1. I am really not getting invested in these new Caps...they are here for an issue but we will most likely never see them again.

2. Steve's attitude about them calling themselves 'Captain America' is in direct opposition to what was established not that long ago (relatively speaking) in Captain America Vol 1 #615.1. Bucky stopped being Cap and was sent to a Russian gulag, Steve was not feeling the need to get back to being Cap and Nick Fury got someone else to be Captain America. Steve got the guy to stop because he realized he would just get himself killed if he kept it up and took back the mantle. But now Steve is like Oprah..."you can be Cap and you can be Cap and you can be Cap...."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Loved him in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so glad to see him back in the saddle, so to speak.
    He's still my voice for Captain America .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am note really feeling it with this United States of Cap...

1. I am really not getting invested in these new Caps...they are here for an issue but we will most likely never see them again.

2. Steve's attitude about them calling themselves 'Captain America' is in direct opposition to what was established not that long ago (relatively speaking) in Captain America Vol 1 #615.1. Bucky stopped being Cap and was sent to a Russian gulag, Steve was not feeling the need to get back to being Cap and Nick Fury got someone else to be Captain America. Steve got the guy to stop because he realized he would just get himself killed if he kept it up and took back the mantle. But now Steve is like Oprah..."you can be Cap and you can be Cap and you can be Cap...."
    Fair enough, though on the first point, they apparently will come back and unite in the final issue of this mini, joining with Steve, Sam, and Bucky (plus John Walker, I hope) to thwart Sin's scheme to tarnish the mantle of Captain America. As for the second part, my feelings on that are somewhat similar to my feelings on there being more than one Spider-Man active in the current Marvel Universe, insofar as the "Captains Network" representing how Captain America has been an inspiration to so many in the Marvel setting. Besides, it's not like any of them are formally licensed by the U.S. government or S.H.I.E.L.D. (R.I.P.); it's just a bunch of do-gooders adopting the iconography for the sake of carrying forward the ideals and principles that iconography represents.

Extraordinary Member

Fair enough, though on the first point, they apparently will come back and unite in the final issue of this mini, joining with Steve, Sam, and Bucky (plus John Walker, I hope) to thwart Sin's scheme to tarnish the mantle of Captain America. As for the second part, my feelings on that are somewhat similar to my feelings on there being more than one Spider-Man active in the current Marvel Universe, insofar as the "Captains Network" representing how Captain America has been an inspiration to so many in the Marvel setting. Besides, it's not like any of them are formally licensed by the U.S. government or S.H.I.E.L.D. (R.I.P.); it's just a bunch of do-gooders adopting the iconography for the sake of carrying forward the ideals and principles that iconography represents.
    On the 1st point...after this series...I think these other Caps are not going to be seen for a long time...just some more characters to go into comic book limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    On the 1st point...after this series...I think these other Caps are not going to be seen for a long time...just some more characters to go into comic book limbo.
    Fair enough. That does get annoying, I can admit.

Fair enough. That does get annoying, I can admit.
    I know, right?! I mean, look at what happened to Jack Monroe/Scourge! So much potential, all gone to waste!

Extraordinary Member

I know, right?! I mean, look at what happened to Jack Monroe/Scourge! So much potential, all gone to waste!

They at least ended Jack's story by having Winter Soldier kill him.

But look at this ex-girlfriend Priscilla Lyons. pretty steady development in the late 80s to early 90s from woman wanting to find her brother to trained Scourge who could not go through with her first hit. That could have put her on par with Mockingbird when she first met Hawkeye and they formed the WCA...but it has been 28 years (this month) since we last saw her in US Agent Vol 1 limited series. I would much rather Steve and Sam....and maybe John Walker reconnect with her than introduce a bunch of new characters.

Definitely could have used a better costume....

^^^Exactly! I feel the same about Holly & Hiram Riddley, along with the Captain America Citizen's Hotline (Stars & Stripes).
    They're definitely deserving of a "reconnect". So many interesting stuff from those past issues (IMHO):