Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Exactly! I feel the same about Holly & Hiram Riddley, along with the Captain America Citizen's Hotline (Stars & Stripes).
    They're definitely deserving of a "reconnect". So many interesting stuff from those past issues (IMHO):
    I do believe Ms Ridley is having impure thoughts about the good Captain.

I had an idea a while back that an interesting book would be a group of people assembled by Cap. Ram and Fabien Stankowicz running the ops center with field agents like Vagabond, Free Spirit and Diamondback investigating things that come into the hotline.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea. On that note, Priscilla/Vagabond could swipe Sin's latest/current costume and repurpose it for something truer to the spirit of Captain America, as opposed to Sin's plan to permanently tarnish the legacy and mantle of Captain America.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. On that note, Priscilla/Vagabond could swipe Sin's latest/current costume and repurpose it for something truer to the spirit of Captain America, as opposed to Sin's plan to permanently tarnish the legacy and mantle of Captain America.
    I would get her away from the patriotic theme...maybe a Nightwing-esque look. Dark colors with a bird motif/name.

when was the last time that Steve's art talent was referenced, or is that retconned as just not a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when was the last time that Steve's art talent was referenced, or is that retconned as just not a thing anymore?
    I think it came up in an Avenging Spider-Man issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would get her away from the patriotic theme...maybe a Nightwing-esque look. Dark colors with a bird motif/name.
    That could work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Avenging Spider-Man #5, which provided some surprisingly heartwarming bonding moments between Cap and Spidey.

Avenging Spider-Man #5, which provided some surprisingly heartwarming bonding moments between Cap and Spidey.
    OMG! I'll always LOVE it when Cap's artistic prowess gets some sort of acknowledgement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I'll always LOVE it when Cap's artistic prowess gets some sort of acknowledgement.

Would love to see this touched on on a regular basis...maybe Steve's way or unwinding is to sketch. Or Sharon wakes up to find Steve sitting next to the bed with his sketch pad drawing her.

Cap and Spiderman are in the backup story in excalibur drawn by JRJR as a 9/11 tribute. It was really beautiful and i really appreciate that JRJR added so much diversity in the background characters. That is the new york i know. Kudos. Excellent.

spoilers:
    and when spiderman asks cap if he knew anyone and cap says "I knew everyone." and they show the last page. just beatiful.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Cap and Spiderman are in the backup story in excalibur drawn by JRJR as a 9/11 tribute. It was really beautiful and i really appreciate that JRJR added so much diversity in the background characters. That is the new york i know. Kudos. Excellent.

spoilers:
    and when spiderman asks cap if he knew anyone and cap says "I knew everyone." and they show the last page. just beatiful.
    end of spoilers
    Sounds very poignant.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Sounds very poignant.
    Indeed. Captain America, at his best, represents everything positive and good about America and its ideals, and Spider-Man is the quintessential New Yorker superhero . . . it fits perfectly.

Fantastic Member

Funny you should ask, because it was just referenced in the new infinity comic that released today. Or rather, he was seen sketching at various points.

Also, I really enjoyed the first two issues. I really liked the voice Jay Edidin gave Steve.

Astonishing Member

the scene where Steve tell off and made those bar guy who were saying racist stuff leave was great, i told my repub friend about it and it annoyed him and he said if he was in those bar guy situation, he would have told steve, his money is as good as anyone else, and if he beat him and his friends he goes to jail. yeah i have ******* friends. they defend the freedom for anyone to be a obnoxious ******* with no consequences besides someone telling them to go f themselves. he got annoyed with the steve taking on the white nationalists in that issue, and he think white nationalism is that as big as a problem as we are seeing, we like in 2 different worlds even though I told him i see alot of that in the news and he said its because i only see liberal news instead of both sides. sorry for venting, i feel like im the only one in my area that believe comics should be political and handle social issues, all my like-minded friends are online only.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-09-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    the scene where Steve tell off and made those bar guy who were saying racist stuff leave was great, i told my repub friend about it and it annoyed him and he said if he was in those bar guy situation, he would have told steve, his money is as good as anyone else, and if he beat him and his friends he goes to jail. yeah i have ******* friends. they defend the freedom for anyone to be a obnoxious ******* with no consequences besides someone telling them to go f themselves. he got annoyed with the steve taking on the white nationalists in that issue, and he think white nationalism is that as big as a problem as we are seeing, we like in 2 different worlds even though I told him i see alot of that in the news and he said its because i only see liberal news instead of both sides. sorry for venting, i feel like im the only one in my area that believe comics should be political and handle social issues, all my like-minded friends are online only.
    I feel your pain. I personally think that as we're forced to deal with such issues in real life, superhero comics can help with that by reflecting and addressing the world as it is, both at its best and its worst, and using the stories and characters to ultimately emphasize what is good and best in humanity. Maybe some (or a lot of) writers don't always pull it off that well, but I would say it is generally worthwhile to at least try, especially given how superheroes are already symbols and exemplars of what is good, just, and righteous for so many people, so the genre can (and should) be used to reach out to people who wouldn't otherwise pay attention or take notice.

Astonishing Member

I feel your pain. I personally think that as we're forced to deal with such issues in real life, superhero comics can help with that by reflecting and addressing the world as it is, both at its best and its worst, and using the stories and characters to ultimately emphasize what is good and best in humanity. Maybe some (or a lot of) writers don't always pull it off that well, but I would say it is generally worthwhile to at least try, especially given how superheroes are already symbols and exemplars of what is good, just, and righteous for so many people, so the genre can (and should) be used to reach out to people who wouldn't otherwise pay attention or take notice.
    Thanks i appreciate your thoughts. everyone I point out how wrong a thinking my friend is saying, he always qoute Ben Shapiro "facts dont care for feelings"