Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

This book has just been a true bright spot. I am glad i waited to read this as it turned my mood all the way around. Even in the deepest nights there is always gems of light and love iike this. The art continue to remain on point, the colors continue to pop and the team continues to impress. In lore, vecchio, blee i trust.

my favorite page. wedidit.jpg

How this book makes it to print at marvel i have no idea, but i am so happy it does.

I am totally doing a fanart of this team.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Personally i hope this books continues as is. At a time when marvel diverse writers are being targeted and treated like crap all marvel is continuously doing is fanning the flames by giving them what they want. It has to stop at some point. I honestly am thinking of writing an op ed on marvel and see if i can get it published.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-09-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i hope this books continues as is. At a time when marvel diverse writers are being targeted and treated like crap all marvel is continuously doing is fanning the flames by giving them what they want. It has to stop at some point. I honestly am thinking of writing an op ed on marvel and see if i can get it published.
    Sadly, issue 10 will be the last, at least of this particular incarnation. That said, I do generally cosign your point about how any creative talent in the comics industry and superhero genre that happens to not fall within what's been the predominant demographic for so long --- mainly female, nonwhite, and/or LGBTQ+ --- generally gets chased out with harassment, abuse, and/or outright threats of physical violence for daring to exist and trying to make their mark in that space, and how little support they get from the major corporate pillars of the industry and genre despite whatever performance of solidarity those pillars want to put on for the unsuspecting public. Whenever you're ready and able to get that op-ed written and published, I'd be interested in reading it sometime.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like Champions done been canceled like 4 times in like what 6 years since creation that's so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sadly, issue 10 will be the last, at least of this particular incarnation. That said, I do generally cosign your point about how any creative talent in the comics industry and superhero genre that happens to not fall within what's been the predominant demographic for so long --- mainly female, nonwhite, and/or LGBTQ+ --- generally gets chased out with harassment, abuse, and/or outright threats of physical violence for daring to exist and trying to make their mark in that space, and how little support they get from the major corporate pillars of the industry and genre despite whatever performance of solidarity those pillars want to put on for the unsuspecting public. Whenever you're ready and able to get that op-ed written and published, I'd be interested in reading it sometime.
    I really appreciate that. As i have been doing research i am finding so many things and it actually turning out to be pretty cathartic. Even when looking at the sales of more diverse books vs, books that are not and looking at the numbers you can see a clear pattern in that that kind of behavior, while it may not be publicly condoned it is usually rewarded. I just want to make sure i do it very carefully as this isn't a hit piece but therapy for myself. I went to twitter unsigned in and searched and just the hate the shang chi movie and actor are getting in of itself is astounding. Then marvel taking this long to fire joe bennet after first signing him up for timeless despite repeat behavior. Rewarding CB. with the EIC position after taking work from others pretending to be asian. It just feels so wrong. And i want to feel like a champion even if in my own head. Whatever lore/vecchio/blee work on next i'll definitely be there to try and support but it's been made clear the kind of fans marvel wants and the kind they don't. It it feels dishonest to let them hide behind things like Shang Chi and black panther. I am trying to find out if i can find out the staffing ratio when it comes to diversity as well. Certainly more talent exists than what marvel keeps recycling.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I really appreciate that. As i have been doing research i am finding so many things and it actually turning out to be pretty cathartic. Even when looking at the sales of more diverse books vs, books that are not and looking at the numbers you can see a clear pattern in that that kind of behavior, while it may not be publicly condoned it is usually rewarded. I just want to make sure i do it very carefully as this isn't a hit piece but therapy for myself. I went to twitter unsigned in and searched and just the hate the shang chi movie and actor are getting in of itself is astounding. Then marvel taking this long to fire joe bennet after first signing him up for timeless despite repeat behavior. Rewarding CB. with the EIC position after taking work from others pretending to be asian. It just feels so wrong. And i want to feel like a champion even if in my own head. Whatever lore/vecchio/blee work on next i'll definitely be there to try and support but it's been made clear the kind of fans marvel wants and the kind they don't. It it feels dishonest to let them hide behind things like Shang Chi and black panther. I am trying to find out if i can find out the staffing ratio when it comes to diversity as well. Certainly more talent exists than what marvel keeps recycling.
    You're welcome, and that is pretty sobering to know or realize. Best of luck with continuing that research, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like Champions done been canceled like 4 times in like what 6 years since creation that's so tired.
    Sad but not surprising.This level of quality w/ these characters just won't fly.They aren't Avengers level yet, as in even w/ Aaron they sell decent.

Extraordinary Member

MCU seems to do good by diversity.I enjoyed Shang-Chi and people hating on it for no reason seem to be the ones who are Jokes.One thing is Simu did take stuff out of context and brought race into a lot of things, even for a POC it fells a bit too much but better more than less for the second thing.The context thing is a problem though, but a very small one.And he seems passionate for Marvel and that's what important.
    Keeping Bennet on feels scummy, specially since Ewing says he won't work with him anymore.But is still working w/ him on Immortal Hulk IIRC.Why wasn't Bennet fired on the spot.
    I don't support work acc. to race or gender of the creators, could care less but I would like to see what your research yields.
    Also how did you feel about the one-shot we got w/ Shang, Jubilee and Silk.Personally, I liked some of them but Silk's was just terrible.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Three times plus delay due to COVID so you're correct.
    They really should've kept Zub. Don't know what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I hate to say this but you gotta count how many of this happen ever since she debut after 'Vision'.
    Attachment 113400
    How can you die more than Mega Man? Geez.
    "Cable was right!"

Weird thing is, it looks like when this run ends, everything will be back how Zub left it (even Dust was back with the team, and she presumably lives on Krakoa now), with the only exception being that the Reinforcement Roster appears to have expanded again (for example, Amulet).

Though, Vecchio did screw up with the West Coast Avengers panel. Gwenpool went to Krakoa at the end of her last solo book at some point prior to X of Swords, so she'll have left the team (they should've shown her somewhere else, probably with WCA teammate and X-Force member Quentin Quire who would also be on Krakoa, and put Fuse and Alloy alongside Kate and America). Reptil and Ghost Rider were shown there too. Reptil could've joined up after the book was cancelled, he is based on the West Coast. But the same can't be said for Robbie, who is on Jason Aaron's Avengers team. He should be at Avengers Mountain, not the WCA building.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Weird thing is, it looks like when this run ends, everything will be back how Zub left it (even Dust was back with the team, and she presumably lives on Krakoa now), with the only exception being that the Reinforcement Roster appears to have expanded again (for example, Amulet).

Though, Vecchio did screw up with the West Coast Avengers panel. Gwenpool went to Krakoa at the end of her last solo book at some point prior to X of Swords, so she'll have left the team (they should've shown her somewhere else, probably with WCA teammate and X-Force member Quentin Quire who would also be on Krakoa, and put Fuse and Alloy alongside Kate and America). Reptil and Ghost Rider were shown there too. Reptil could've joined up after the book was cancelled, he is based on the West Coast. But the same can't be said for Robbie, who is on Jason Aaron's Avengers team. He should be at Avengers Mountain, not the WCA building.
    Funny enough, Robbie Reyes should be at least 18 years old, but not 21 yet, going by how Marvel time typically works (1 year in-universe for every 4 real-world years) since his debut. Of course, that does beg the question --- was Robbie exempted from "Kamala's Law" because the general public and authorities didn't know the racer with the flaming skull helmet was under 21 years old? If so . . .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Robbie Reyes should be at least 18 years old, but not 21 yet, going by how Marvel time typically works (1 year in-universe for every 4 real-world years) since his debut. Of course, that does beg the question --- was Robbie exempted from "Kamala's Law" because the general public and authorities didn't know the racer with the flaming skull helmet was under 21 years old? If so . . .
    There's the stupid sponsor clause (which gets ignored anyway for drama) so Robbie would be exempt since he works for the Avengers who would be his mentor/sponsors.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Part of the problem...IMHO...is that writers really don't have long term plans for any book. The days of a series reaching hundreds of issues...without the moronic legacy number...are gone.

They basically have a story they want to tell...such as the Champs dealing with the fallout of this law and kicking corporate America in the teeth...and then end it.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-10-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Part of the problem...IMHO...is that writers really don't have long term plans for any book. The days of a series reaching hundreds of issues...without the moronic legacy number...are gone.

They basically have a story they want to tell...such as the Champs dealing with the fallout of this law and kicking corporate America in the teeth...and then end it.
    Actually, lots of writers have long term plans for the books they're on, but more often than not they're cut short because the book got cancelled. You needn't look further than Jim Zub who had very long term plans for the Champions but was barely allowed to even plant story seeds before the book was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's the stupid sponsor clause (which gets ignored anyway for drama) so Robbie would be exempt since he works for the Avengers who would be his mentor/sponsors.
    Fair point there. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Actually, lots of writers have long term plans for the books they're on, but more often than not they're cut short because the book got cancelled. You needn't look further than Jim Zub who had very long term plans for the Champions but was barely allowed to even plant story seeds before the book was cancelled.
    Which was and is a crying shame. I'm still waiting to see that Ultron virus planted in poor Sparky come back up at some point. Maybe next volume.