Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So, do myth-based characters, like Thor, count as magical?
    I would say 'magical' origin...but not magic user like Dr Strange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say 'magical' origin...but not magic user like Dr Strange.
    Makes sense. Because the origin of the powers of characters like Thor and WW always seemed vague to me

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd like to see Anka and Pinpoint become main characters. They both have a lot of potential and would give the book some non-US POVs.
    Yeah, it's a shame Zub's attempt to introduce them seems to have been backpedalled by the subsequent writers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame Zub's attempt to introduce them seems to have been backpedalled by the subsequent writers.
    Isn’t Anka Viv’s roommate?

Or am I misremembering?

Amka was, yeah - but that arrangement is likely no longer intact considering that Viv betrayed Amka by getting her sent to the re-education camp.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sam looks like he aged five years.
    I like the stylized take.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like the stylized take.
    Same here .

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately for Sam he will be used here...and his father who is currently a Badoon prisoner will never be rescued. That is the story I want. Sam with the help of the GoTG and Bill rescuing his father. Old Man Alexander can use his gold helmet like the clone of him did.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Amka was, yeah - but that arrangement is likely no longer intact considering that Viv betrayed Amka by getting her sent to the re-education camp.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Viv will have to reckon with that at some point in this run.

Unfortunately for Sam he will be used here...and his father who is currently a Badoon prisoner will never be rescued. That is the story I want. Sam with the help of the GoTG and Bill rescuing his father. Old Man Alexander can use his gold helmet like the clone of him did.
    That would be a cool arc to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

There was a plot that just got dropped in DnA Nova where Garthan Saal (in a black helm) was rescuing Malik Tarcel, maybe they along with Jesse and some others get a Supernova corps going, them being Black ops meant they were hidden.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd like to see Anka and Pinpoint become main characters. They both have a lot of potentials and would give the book some non-US POVs.
    Locust(Fernanda) is Mexican so she can also add a non-US POV.

I don't mind them keeping these five characters as the main focus because I can understand writers have problems handling such a large cast of characters.

That said, I hope they remain recurring regulars.

I still think that these five, plus Snowguard, Wasp and Brawn was the best version of this team.

In other words, Zub's original roster, as Riri and Nadia joined in Waid's last arc and Amka was introduced in Zub's first issue.

Locust isn't Mexican, she's from San Diego, California. However, Falcon (Joaquin Torres) IS Mexican.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-17-2021 at 04:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

In other words, Zub's original roster, as Riri and Nadia joined in Waid's last arc and Amka was introduced in Zub's first issue.

Locust isn't Mexican, she's from San Diego, California. However, Falcon (Joaquin Torres) IS Mexican.
    Correct. And due note that he's spent about half his life in the US, too.

Mighty Member

Yep, I think that roster was when the team was starting to work together nicely and interesting interpersonal relationships started.

Although I like a lot of the extended cast I felt it affected the dynamic of the team too much and never really worked

Yes, you are correct.

Mighty Member

Just to tell you all:

Pinpoint just make an appearance in the latest issue of " Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon" .