Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Yeah, the Freelancers are the biggest villains specifically created for Champions - but ironically, their official creator wasn't the main Champions writer. They debuted in the Monsters Unleashed tie-in that was written by Jeremy Whitley, before Waid used them in the next arc in the ongoing (the Champions also encountered them in Secret Empire, though in a book that didn't use the Champions brand).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

True. I see them as the opposites of the Champions. Like the Brotherhood of Mutants to X-men, Master of Evil to Avengers and Frightful Four to Fantastic Four.

Extraordinary Member

The Champions have a large roster already. Some compare them to DC’s Legion of Super Heroes.

If you were told to add three known Marvel heroes to their team, even as reserve members, who would you use?

For me:

White Tiger Ava
    Komodo
    Sungirl

Priya Aggarwal, a supporting cast member from Unstoppable Wasp who gained plant control superpowers. The series ended before she could get a codename, and obviously she would be given one.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Priya...al_(Earth-616)

Finesse, the former Avengers Academy student who was also last seen in Unstoppable Wasp, having joined G.I.R.L. right at the end of the series (defecting from AIM). She needs redemption.

And the third one? Amulet, a new hero from Magnificent Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Priya Aggarwal, a supporting cast member from Unstoppable Wasp who gained plant control superpowers. The series ended before she could get a codename, and obviously she would be given one.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Priya...al_(Earth-616)

Finesse, the former Avengers Academy student who was also last seen in Unstoppable Wasp, having joined G.I.R.L. right at the end of the series (defecting from AIM). She needs redemption.

And the third one? Amulet, a new hero from Magnificent Ms. Marvel.
    How old is Amulet suppose to be? I keep asking but no one tells me.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Champions have a large roster already. Some compare them to DCÂ’s Legion of Super Heroes.

If you were told to add three known Marvel heroes to their team, even as reserve members, who would you use?
    Inferno (Dante Pertuz) - Marvel was pushing Dante heavily during the height of Inhuman fever but as soon as they got the film rights to the X-Men back, they dropped all the Inhumans except for Kamala like a bad habit. I think Dante is still a good enough character though and would be perfect for a team book. He's got history with Kamala, and Miles to a lesser degree, so he'd be a really logical recruit.

Red Widow (Ava Orvola) - Ava got created as a legacy for Natasha, and then Marvel kind of quickly forgot about her. I'd say she has a lot of potential seeing as how she's another survivor of the Red Room so that's some potential with Nadia. I think her join could also give a nice callback to the brief time Natasha trained the team during Secret Empire.

Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) - Anya is far too underutilized. I mentioned in the past that if Young Avengers were to ever get relaunched it'd be neat to see her party of that roster, but it'd be cool to see her used here as well. Especially since Cindy Moon is apparently a reserved member. It'd also be nice to finally see Anya and Miles interact.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Inferno (Dante Pertuz) - Marvel was pushing Dante heavily during the height of Inhuman fever but as soon as they got the film rights to the X-Men back, they dropped all the Inhumans except for Kamala like a bad habit. I think Dante is still a good enough character though and would be perfect for a team book. He's got history with Kamala, and Miles to a lesser degree, so he'd be a really logical recruit.

Red Widow (Ava Orvola) - Ava got created as a legacy for Natasha, and then Marvel kind of quickly forgot about her. I'd say she has a lot of potential seeing as how she's another survivor of the Red Room so that's some potential with Nadia. I think her join could also give a nice callback to the brief time Natasha trained the team during Secret Empire.

Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) - Anya is far too underutilized. I mentioned in the past that if Young Avengers were to ever get relaunched it'd be neat to see her party of that roster, but it'd be cool to see her used here as well. Especially since Cindy Moon is apparently a reserved member. It'd also be nice to finally see Anya and Miles interact.
    Red Widow/Ava Orlova could be a great pick, and I'd like to see her interact with Anya, too, given Anya's past team-up with Black Widow in Kelly Sue DeConnick's Avengers Assemble's final arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think there's currently a Russian Red Widow in the Winter Guard, so Marvel probably doesn't have any plans for the other one.

Yeah, you're right, Aaron created his own mysterious Red Widow in Avengers.

How old is Amulet suppose to be? I keep asking but no one tells me.
    His age hasn't been revealed. He seems to be older than Kamala, but not by too much. I'd guess he's maybe Amadeus's age? 19?

I agree, Anya should join the Young Avengers if they reunite. That team doesn't already have a spider.

Cindy, by the way, appears to no longer be on the Reinforcement Roster, due to her joining the Agents of Atlas. Note that Amadeus has spent less time with the Champions since that team was formed.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-09-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Incredible Member

The Champions have a large roster already. Some compare them to DC’s Legion of Super Heroes.

For me:

White Tiger Ava
    Komodo
    Sungirl
    Always fun to do this sort of thing. My 3 are as follows:

1) Gravity - I miss the guy and think he would fit well with the current generation.

2) Cloud 9 - Abby never wanted to be a hero but would also fit in with the current group

3) I agree with the White Tiger choice.

Coldmoon
    Dragonfire
    Scream

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Always fun to do this sort of thing. My 3 are as follows:

1) Gravity - I miss the guy and think he would fit well with the current generation.

2) Cloud 9 - Abby never wanted to be a hero but would also fit in with the current group

3) I agree with the White Tiger choice.
    Especially since the Champions were initially formed as a response to the failures of the adult superhero community that sparked a second superpowered Civil War, which could somewhat parallel Abby being conscripted into the Initiative formed after Iron Man "won" the first superpowered Civil War and what she had to endure there.

Cloud 9 is already on the Reinforcement Roster and even appeared in Ewing's Champions #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cloud 9 is already on the Reinforcement Roster and even appeared in Ewing's Champions #1.
    Oh, yeah, thanks for the reminder.

Extraordinary Member

The thing that gets me is that Kamala could do more against the law by NOT being Ms Marvel...but by just being Kamala and going out and saying she is against it.

Kamala: "Hey everyone...you know this law some self-important politician named after me? I am against it. I believe that these young heroes are just that. Heroes. And this law just gets in the way of them doing whatever good they can for the world."