Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Too bad there's no issue in August. Back in September.
    Yeah i noticed that after i preordered. I was like "september?!" lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i noticed that after i preordered. I was like "september?!" lol
    For some reason, this run has been releasing once every other month, rather than once a month. Wasn't initially advertised as such, but it is how it is being done/solicited.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For some reason, this run has been releasing once every other month, rather than once a month. Wasn't initially advertised as such, but it is how it is being done/solicited.
    I have noticed this strategy by Marvel with some of their lower selling books and teen focus books not as often as Champions has since this run started but Strange Academy and Runaways have also skipped months.

Gotta say this run just isn't really doing it for me. Corporate espionage and social media buzzwords just don't make for an interesting comic in this case, at least in my opinion.

I mean, the Roxxon people are good looking but that's really about all I can say about them. I feel like we need more in a teen Superhero comic.

Some of the character interaction is nice and addressing Kamala's mixed feelings is also appreciated, but it's just...not really enough to get me invested. The series just feels kind of stiff to me right now.

I'm digging Viv's skintight stealth suit though...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotta say this run just isn't really doing it for me. Corporate espionage and social media buzzwords just don't make for an interesting comic in this case, at least in my opinion.

I mean, the Roxxon people are good looking but that's really about all I can say about them. I feel like we need more in a teen Superhero comic.

Some of the character interaction is nice and addressing Kamala's mixed feelings is also appreciated, but it's just...not really enough to get me invested. The series just feels kind of stiff to me right now.

I'm digging Viv's skintight stealth suit though...
    Agreeing with you on the last part, but I am still gonna stick with this in hopes that the writer sticks the landing. So far, I'm liking it more, at least as a commentary on real-world morally dubious corporations and their practices.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreeing with you on the last part, but I am still gonna stick with this in hopes that the writer sticks the landing. So far, I'm liking it more, at least as a commentary on real-world morally dubious corporations and their practices.
    I get it from a socially conscious level, which I guess is supposed to be the Champions' main thing, but it's not super engaging for me to read month-to-month.

I almost kind of miss when they were wanted fugitives.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I have noticed this strategy by Marvel with some of their lower selling books and teen focus books not as often as Champions has since this run started but Strange Academy and Runaways have also skipped months.
    They won't care unless it has Venom, Mutants or a hook to a event.

It's getting frustrating they are trying to please the Wednesday folk again.

I get it from a socially conscious level, which I guess is supposed to be the Champions' main thing, but it's not super engaging for me to read month-to-month.

I almost kind of miss when they were wanted fugitives.
    I'll admit, I do rather wish Eve Ewing had been able to stick around past the first five issues, though so far, I'm not turned off. Maybe we do need more costumed fisticuffs here and there, but wasn't the whole point of the Champions to actually do something more to improve the world than just punch out the bad guy du jour and let everyone else handle the cleanup after?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    They won't care unless it has Venom, Mutants or a hook to a event.

It's getting frustrating they are trying to please the Wednesday folk again.
    That is a pretty good point there, I'll sadly admit.

I'll admit, I do rather wish Eve Ewing had been able to stick around past the first five issues, though so far, I'm not turned off. Maybe we do need more costumed fisticuffs here and there, but wasn't the whole point of the Champions to actually do something more to improve the world than just punch out the bad guy du jour and let everyone else handle the cleanup after?
    I get it. I feel like you need a good balance there. Kind of like Zub's run.

This issue had the interpersonal drama I've been looking for in this book since Zub said he wanted to do a long form, Claremont-style team book. I do kind of like the fact that Ewing had such a short run and Outlawed got so dragged out because it makes her run seem like just another chapter in the story of the Champions that also establishes a new status quo and develops the relationships between the teens that Lore seamlessly carries on.

spoilers:
    This is the first major conflict of Sam and Kamala's otherwise supportive relationship, Kamala is facing new challenges in her personal life, Sam and Miles' relationship got some much needed action in the form of Miles being the person to have to give Sam the real talk, and Riri doesn't have the highest opinion of Sam thus far in their relationship.
    end of spoilers

Ugh, there's too much I want to say but can't, I just loved this issue.

Mighty Member

I think overall that the issue was good, love the interpersonal drama between the characters but I also have to agree that while corporate espionage is not bad, it is not exactly compelling and has been drawn out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    This issue had the interpersonal drama I've been looking for in this book since Zub said he wanted to do a long form, Claremont-style team book. I do kind of like the fact that Ewing had such a short run and Outlawed got so dragged out because it makes her run seem like just another chapter in the story of the Champions that also establishes a new status quo and develops the relationships between the teens that Lore seamlessly carries on.

spoilers:
    This is the first major conflict of Sam and Kamala's otherwise supportive relationship, Kamala is facing new challenges in her personal life, Sam and Miles' relationship got some much needed action in the form of Miles being the person to have to give Sam the real talk, and Riri doesn't have the highest opinion of Sam thus far in their relationship.
    end of spoilers

Interesting to note that. spoilers:
    The last time Sam and Kamala weren't 100% terms was when they first met in the backup to All-New All-Different Avengers. Since then, though, they've basically been on the same page, more or less.
    end of spoilers

By the way, why can't you say more? I'd love to hear/read it!

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I liked the interpersonal stuff but it also felt kind of expected, if appreciated, but still need a little more meat in my opinion.

I feel like Outlawed could have definitely continued far longer than it actually did.

I liked the interpersonal stuff but it also felt kind of expected, if appreciated, but still need a little more meat in my opinion.

I feel like Outlawed could have definitely continued far longer than it actually did.
    The pandemic really messed things up, true, but it also felt to me like Marvel had more invested in Empyre (and later King in Black) compared to Outlawed, at least as far as promotion was concerned.

The pandemic really messed things up, true, but it also felt to me like Marvel had more invested in Empyre (and later King in Black) compared to Outlawed, at least as far as promotion was concerned.
    Yeah, I think Outlawed and Empyre were supposed to overlap with X of Swords and Outlawed was supposed to have other one shots and tie ins. The only ones that got finished were Power Pack and Reptil.