Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 249
  1. #76
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,844

    Default

    Viv's never had a proper costume, they just always include that three diamond logo on her top.

    Lore/Vecchio are doing some of issue #5.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-...eir-run-early/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #77
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Viv's never had a proper costume, they just always include that three diamond logo on her top.

    Lore/Vecchio are doing some of issue #5.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-...eir-run-early/
    Makes me wonder if something really did happen with the first creative team and if they were kinda "coerced" to wrap up their immediate story to quickly make way for the new team. A weird look on the brightside is that there won't be any wait time between shifiting teams, which would have been super unfortunate and annoying after the initial massive delay in addition to the recent month delay.

  3. #78
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,844

    Default

    COVID happened. Remember the resolicit for issue 1 said 1 of 5? I think they reduced it to a mini, and thus had it wrapped up in five issues. When the time came to draw issue 3, they had to change the artist for some reason, which we've always known was a short term arrangement. The series was restored to being an ongoing, but therefore issue 5's ending has been changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #79
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Would love to see a cool buddy themed mini with these 2 guys. I would break the bank!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I would definitely buy that book! Been thinking they could make a revival series of "Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends!" with these three.
    Call it "Spider-Man and His Ultimate Friends," or something like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #80
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    COVID happened. Remember the resolicit for issue 1 said 1 of 5? I think they reduced it to a mini, and thus had it wrapped up in five issues. When the time came to draw issue 3, they had to change the artist for some reason, which we've always known was a short term arrangement. The series was restored to being an ongoing, but therefore issue 5's ending has been changed.
    That doesn't explain why Ewing could not just continue as the writer. Even if she only ever going do 5, why not continue having her on if they decided to undo the mini choice? She was the writer before it was ever thought to be a mini in the first place, before being called a mini for a single month before not being called a mini once again. Did she really only intend to do 5 issues? If so i find that strange considering how invested Marvel seems to be(thankfully) in the champions, especially for a big new relaunched status quo for the team.

    TL;DR Why not choose a writer from the start who did have a 5 issue story arc planned but was ready to continue the series if need be?

  6. #81
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Call it "Spider-Man and His Ultimate Friends," or something like that.
    That reminds me too much of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon...

  7. #82
    Mighty Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Call it "Spider-Man and His Ultimate Friends," or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That reminds me too much of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon...
    Lets see... yeah all I got after that is "Magnificent", or "Sensational" so might want to do away with that title and call it something else.

    It's a stretch but if you want to do a homage to The Warriors 3 from Thor, then just replace "Warriors" with "Champions".

  8. #83
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That reminds me too much of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon...
    Fair enough, but I'm sure it can be better. That said, count me in as someone also disappointed (and maybe confused) that Eve Ewing isn't going to be writing Champions after issue 5.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #84
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Lets see... yeah all I got after that is "Magnificent", or "Sensational" so might want to do away with that title and call it something else.

    It's a stretch but if you want to do a homage to The Warriors 3 from Thor, then just replace "Warriors" with "Champions".
    Yeah i would prefer a name that encompasses the 3 of them together as equals. And as far as in-universe pecking order is concerned, it'd probably be Ms. Marvel and her Magnificent Friends anyway.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 02-09-2021 at 04:56 PM.

  10. #85
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Yeah i would prefer a name that encompasses the 3 of them together as equals. And as far as in-universe pecking order is concerned, it'd probably be Ms. Marvel and her Magnificent Friends anyway.
    That could be a fun title, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #86
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,844

    Default

    Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magnificent adjective is dropped after the next issue of Ms. Marvel, which is Ahmed's last. I can see the next relaunch of Kamala's solo book just being called Ms. Marvel again. After all, she doesn't actually need disambiguating like Spider-Man does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #87
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magnificent adjective is dropped after the next issue of Ms. Marvel, which is Ahmed's last. I can see the next relaunch of Kamala's solo book just being called Ms. Marvel again. After all, she doesn't actually need disambiguating like Spider-Man does.
    Fair point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #88
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,844

    Default

    Preview of issue 4.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/12/ma...champions-4-3/

    spoilers:
    Pixie teleports the team to Riri's lab, where Cyclops tells the team about Viv's treason.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    Isn’t Pinpoint also a mutant?

  15. #90
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,844

    Default

    Pinpoint's origin was never revealed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •