Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Champions Appreciation 2021

A new year, a new thread, for the Outlawed Generation. Who hopefully won't be Outlawed much longer!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy New Year to the Champions .

Mighty Member

I like this book a lot and I understand what Zub was trying to do by extending the cast but I hope post-Outlaws the book goes back to focusing on a core team but with rotating members.

My pick for the core team would be as follows;

Kamala Khan - Ms Marvel
    Sam Alexander - Nova
    Miles Morales - Spider-Man
    Riri Williams - Ironheart
    Amadeus Cho - Brawn
    Nadia Van Dyne- Wasp
    Amka Aliyak- Snowgard
    Viv Vision

Looking at that cover, it seems like that's exactly what they're doing. The characters on it are exactly who you listed, except for Viv, whose absence is understandable considering she's faked her death, and since she's still in the book, I would imagine she'll reveal herself and rejoin at some point.

I doubt anyone else will properly leave the team though - they're likely to have gone into hiding for the moment - when Outlawed is over, the extended roster will probably still be on call - the Reinforcement Roster that Zub established two years ago.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I like this book a lot and I understand what Zub was trying to do by extending the cast but I hope post-Outlaws the book goes back to focusing on a core team but with rotating members.

My pick for the core team would be as follows;

Kamala Khan - Ms Marvel
    Sam Alexander - Nova
    Miles Morales - Spider-Man
    Riri Williams - Ironheart
    Amadeus Cho - Brawn
    Nadia Van Dyne- Wasp
    Amka Aliyak- Snowgard
    Viv Vision
    They’re really focusing right now on some of the locked up girls too like Bombshell, Locust and Starling.

Incredible Member

THE CHAMPIONS AINT DONE YET

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...o-announcement

I do wish Ewing was on it longer than 5 issues, even Zub got more than that

Also its still running with the Outlawed story which im happy its not just gonna be neatly tied with a bow in just 5 issues
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 01-13-2021 at 01:52 PM.

It is pretty sad Ewing doesn't get a longer run, but I'm glad things will continue.

The series isn't over, but the creative team has been replaced? So what caused Eve Ewing to leave? The article says she's sad to leave, but she must've had a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Also its still running with the Outlawed story which im happy its not just gonna be neatly tied with a bow in just 5 issues
    I wonder why Eve had to leave. Did she just not have any story left to tell or was pretty busy with other things? I've never read anything by Danny Lore so don't have much to gauge on that front.

So Kamala's Law will stick around but now the Champions are busy dealing with a...self-help app run by a company who wants to keep the law going? Sounds like a random shift in the plot. How do they infiltrate the company? As interns? Is it a teen startup? Is CRADLE still a thing? how is the app discrediting teen heroes? By making people feel like they don't need them? Just not really sure what's going on here.

Seems like the main team is still going to be main characters of Ewing's five issues.

I think CRADLE is probably gone. Their rep will be in the toilet once the prison camps are revealed. Just doesn't mean that Kamala's Law goes in the bin, unfortunately for the team.

Looks like the Viv plot will be resolved in #5 as well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I can only assume Eve chose to leave. If the book isn't cancelled and they even got her artist from Ironheart on it, she could've kept going if she wanted to, right?

And I still think the main conflict of Outlawed was resolved in issue 5. Notice how they say this new arc will focus on someone cheating to keep Kamala's Law on the book. Why would someone feel the need to cheat to keep the law going if nothing changed from the first arc? I imagine the law might've been officially abolished by issue 5, but someone is trying to bring it back for some reason. I imagine this was probably a way to keep the story relevant to the Champions book without it having to affect every other teen/young book out there, since there will be no tie-ins anymore.

If Eve chose to go, I assume it's because she got offered another book. Kamala's solo, maybe? The current Ms. Marvel series ends next month (there's no issue this month), so the job is vacant.

Mighty Member

I glad the book is continuing but sad that Eve Ewing is leaving because I love her writing and I think she was doing a good job with the cast of characters.

I have not read anything by Danny Lore but I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the Champions

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So that answers that. Champions is continuing but Outlawed as an "initiative" is done.

I'm not familiar with Danny Lord. I know they (they identify as non-binary), did the two-part Ironheart 2020 issues but I never read them. Prior to that, it's most indie books. Luciano Vecchio as the new artist is great. He was the artist of Eve Ewing's Ironheart run and it looked great.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So that answers that. Champions is continuing but Outlawed as an "initiative" is done.

I'm not familiar with Danny Lord. I know they (they identify as non-binary), did the two-part Ironheart 2020 issues but I never read them. Prior to that, it's most indie books. Luciano Vecchio as the new artist is great. He was the artist of Eve Ewing's Ironheart run and it looked great.
    Who knew writing Ironheart would become a pre-requisite for writing the Champions ?