Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Here's the solicit for issue #7

CHAMPIONS #7
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    PREDATOR VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CHANGE THE WORLD!
    THE KAMALA CON!
    The Champions are playing dirty to beat Roxxon at their own game — including implanting two of their own as interns to take down the corporation from within. But in order to earn the trust of their cutthroat Roxxon supervisors, they’ll have to deliver an unwilling spokesperson: Kamala Khan.
    Will Ms. Marvel agree to become the face of a company and a law that she hates, or is it too high a price to pay for victory?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Guessing based on the cover it's Miles and Sam going undercover as the interns. Makes sense, at this point they are the only ones who'd be able to go under the radar since Riri's ID is public and Kamala is too much of a public figure.

And looks like Viv really is back on the team again next issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for issue #7

CHAMPIONS #7
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    PREDATOR VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CHANGE THE WORLD!
    THE KAMALA CON!
    The Champions are playing dirty to beat Roxxon at their own game — including implanting two of their own as interns to take down the corporation from within. But in order to earn the trust of their cutthroat Roxxon supervisors, they’ll have to deliver an unwilling spokesperson: Kamala Khan.
    Will Ms. Marvel agree to become the face of a company and a law that she hates, or is it too high a price to pay for victory?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Guessing based on the cover it's Miles and Sam going undercover as the interns. Makes sense, at this point they are the only ones who'd be able to go under the radar since Riri's ID is public and Kamala is too much of a public figure.

Betting there's still gonna be serious tension between her and the other Champions, though. As for Roxxon . . . makes perfect sense, since the dragon they were fighting at the beginning of Outlawed was unleashed by Roxxon in the first place, so who wants to bet Roxxon's behind "Kamala's Law" through (presumably lobbying) the senator pushing hardest for it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is this set before that tie in to King in Black where the X-men DO offer asylum to human refuges? I mean i know the book suffered delays but i just want to make sure so as to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Is this set before that tie in to King in Black where the X-men DO offer asylum to human refuges? I mean i know the book suffered delays but i just want to make sure so as to avoid confusion.
    Probably somewhat before, and that was a decent tie-in, at least in my view, spoilers:
    though technically, the X-Men used the Krakoan gates as a go-between to bring those human refugees to Emma Frost's private island, from my recollection. Not quite the same as bringing them to Krakoa itself, but considering Emma Frost is a citizen of Krakoa, it probably still counts as a form of asylum.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

It’s interesting that Viv isn’t also in on this undercover mission especially given that her human form is something that only the Champions have seen and thus no one else would recognize her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s interesting that Viv isn’t also in on this undercover mission especially given that her human form is something that only the Champions have seen and thus no one else would recognize her.
    Maybe they don't quite trust her enough yet for an undercover op, or maybe she doesn't trust herself enough for that.

It'll be interesting to see the book do more with Kamala being the face of the law than we really saw in her solo book or in Eve's run so far.

I guess with her solo ended until her Disney+ show, this is the only Kamala book. Ditto Sam and for a lot of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the book do more with Kamala being the face of the law than we really saw in her solo book or in Eve's run so far.

I guess with her solo ended until her Disney+ show, this is the only Kamala book. Ditto Sam and for a lot of Champions.
    If Marvel's current trend with mini series continues it may only be a matter of time before the other prominent Champions are back in the spotlight with their own books. Now Whether that leads them to get new ongoing series is a matter of how well received those minis are and how well they sell.

I imagine Kamala may get her new ongoing book some time during the summer, or at least a few months before her Disney+ show premiers.

Also remember that Riri is getting her own Disney+ show as well, so it's just a matter of time before she gets a new ongoing.

The same will probably happen for Sam when the Nova movie gets announced and goes full force into development.

Extraordinary Member

Do the Champions have an arch enemy, main villain, etc?

Like Doom to Fantastic 4, Magneto (once) to X-Men, etc

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

In Mark Waid's Champions, they had Pagliacci the evil clown as well as the Freelancers who are part of the rogue's gallery.
    In Jim Zub's Champions, the Champions had Master of the World who is usually the enemy of the Alpha Flight. Also, there's Kaldera the bounty hunter alien girl who is the enemy of Sam Alexander as Nova.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 03-03-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

And of course, they've faced Mephisto and Blackheart. And currently, C.R.A.D.L.E.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I’m not talking what villains they’ve faced in general.

But when you think Champions what villain comes to mind first?

One that audiences associate that villain with them more than anyone else.

I guess they don’t have that yet. I wish the next creative team builds up an actual main villain for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m not talking what villains they’ve faced in general.

But when you think Champions what villain comes to mind first?

One that audiences associate that villain with them more than anyone else.

I guess they don’t have that yet. I wish the next creative team builds up an actual main villain for them.
    I guess the Freelances for me.

The Freelancers and C.R.A.D.L.E. would be the closest to answering that question, as they stand in direct opposition or contrast to the Champions' mission. If the Champions are all about using their powers and status as superheroes to actively make the world a better place, the Freelancers are mercenaries who are all about using their powers to enrich and otherwise benefit themselves, incidentally (not that they care) making the world an even worse place than it already has been. If the Champions are all about young people stepping up to the plate to fix or solve what past generations of adults have thoroughly FUBAR'd over the years, C.R.A.D.L.E. is all about adults imposing their authority on those young people to "protect" them, albeit from dangers they may have been complicit in creating or causing.