Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Also Werewolf by Night, Children of the Atom, and of course the arcs in Kamala's and Miles's books.

The only one we know of that wasn't released is New Warriors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did anyone read Captain Marvel today? It had a back up with Carol visiting Kamala. They catch each other up on what's happened in Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Outlawed, and the current Captain Marvel series. In doing so, they basically revealed that Outlawed is over. Looks like it's done after Killer App.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did anyone read Captain Marvel today? It had a back up with Carol visiting Kamala. They catch each other up on what's happened in Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Outlawed, and the current Captain Marvel series. In doing so, they basically revealed that Outlawed is over. Looks like it's done after Killer App.
    I was going to get it but no one mentioned it. I'm off and on with this book just feels all over the place. The future story and then sleeping with strange upon return when she was with Rhodey i don't know this run has been so up and down.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was going to get it but no one mentioned it. I'm off and on with this book just feels all over the place. The future story and then sleeping with strange upon return when she was with Rhodey i don't know this run has been so up and down.
    Yeah, it might be. I'm hoping Last of the Marvels turns out to be a good shot in the arm, though I'll cop to liking Kamala's dynamic with Carol in the backup by Jamie McKelvie.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It didn't seem like it was a big deal after Ewing's run anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It didn't seem like it was a big deal after Ewing's run anyways.
    I kind of appreciate that Outlawed didn't have as much of a splash as intended, which I think works in it's favor. Outlawed works much better as the status quo it is now than it did as the Teenaged Civil War event some people falsely thought it was. It prevents teenaged heroes from being created willy-nilly (not like that was even an issue lol), and for the new characters they do create, there's a built-in tension that serves as the backdrop for their story that doesn't need to be established and waste readers' time. And for already established characters, it adds an extra layer to their stories that writers may or may not even acknowledge, but it's always there.

I really liked the casual references to Kamala's Law in Reptil's book. It makes it seem much more grounded and connected to the wider universe that some books fail to do.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I kind of appreciate that Outlawed didn't have as much of a splash as intended, which I think works in it's favor. Outlawed works much better as the status quo it is now than it did as the Teenaged Civil War event some people falsely thought it was. It prevents teenaged heroes from being created willy-nilly (not like that was even an issue lol), and for the new characters they do create, there's a built-in tension that serves as the backdrop for their story that doesn't need to be established and waste readers' time. And for already established characters, it adds an extra layer to their stories that writers may or may not even acknowledge, but it's always there.

I really liked the casual references to Kamala's Law in Reptil's book. It makes it seem much more grounded and connected to the wider universe that some books fail to do.
    Feels like the tension is pretty much gone now, more or less, although I'm curious if the status quo was meant to be more of a serious game-changer than it ended up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like the tension is pretty much gone now, more or less, although I'm curious if the status quo was meant to be more of a serious game-changer than it ended up being.
    I feel Marvel made Outlawed out to be way too serious and way too big of a deal than it should've. I think what it is right now was the most ideal outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I feel Marvel made Outlawed out to be way too serious and way too big of a deal than it should've. I think what it is right now was the most ideal outcome.
    I think they poised it as being as serious and major as it should've been with teen heroes being outlawed and on the run and the moral debates that would ensue. At least in my opinion.

ROXX OFF!

CHAMPIONS #10
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    THE FINALE OF KILLER APP!
    The Champions win a major victory over Roxxon—only to discover a much deadlier threat waiting in the wings! Can they win against vicious machines engineered to predict their every move? Or is it the end of the line for our young heroes?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ROXX OFF!

CHAMPIONS #10
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    THE FINALE OF KILLER APP!
    The Champions win a major victory over Roxxon—only to discover a much deadlier threat waiting in the wings! Can they win against vicious machines engineered to predict their every move? Or is it the end of the line for our young heroes?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    I've been waiting for the giant robot fight since day one .

Incredible Member

Vicious machines you say? Wonder if they are gonna do anything with that dangling thread of Ultron infecting sparky from back in J8m Zub's run. Unless they did something with it in some other book and i just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Vicious machines you say? Wonder if they are gonna do anything with that dangling thread of Ultron infecting sparky from back in J8m Zub's run. Unless they did something with it in some other book and i just missed it.
    I believe they're called Chaperones, basically Civil War-era "Cape-Killers," but for teen heroes, which would fall in line with Silhouette's earlier critique or condemnation of "Kamala's Law" as "SHRA, but for teens!"

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Sadly, Marvel editors don't care about the dangling plot thread if it's from a C-List comic or a lesser-known writer.
    Just look at the abandoned Mictlan plot (a potential character story arc about Aracely) as an example when Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider and New Warriors got cut short by cancellation.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Sadly, Marvel editors don't care about the dangling plot thread if it's from a C-List comic or a lesser-known writer.
    Just look at the abandoned Mictlan plot (a potential character story arc about Aracely) as an example when Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider and New Warriors got cut short by cancellation.
    Still bitter about that one, honestly. I even had some ideas on how to tie it into the more recent Scarlet Spider series that spun out of The Clone Conspiracy, with Ben Reilly being forced into acting as Mictlan's Champion in the same way Kaine served as Aracely's Champion, as his punishment for tampering in the realm of life and death. Aracely did cameo in some of the more recent Champions issues, first by Zub and then an issue by Eve Ewing, if I'm not mistaken, so there is that, though again, I am rather sad she and Kaine haven't reunited yet.