Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, they started in the Defenders. Thor has quite a few villains, so I don't think he'd mind if others take the Wrecking Crew off his hands.
    Yeah, the Wrecker was a match for Thor power wise, but his power was divided between himself and the rest of the Wrecking Crew, making them much weaker than that individually. Always kind of liked these guys. Piledriver and Bulldozer were always portrayed as your basic morons, but Thunderball was well educated, well spoken, and much more interesting. Some writers have chosen to ignore that though. How was he portrayed here?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, the Wrecker was a match for Thor power wise, but his power was divided between himself and the rest of the Wrecking Crew, making them much weaker than that individually. Always kind of liked these guys. Piledriver and Bulldozer were always portrayed as your basic morons, but Thunderball was well educated, well spoken, and much more interesting. Some writers have chosen to ignore that though. How was he portrayed here?
    Idk. I haven't read it yet.

Hmm, turns out that it's rather odd that Sam ended up with different powers in Heroes Reborn. Because in Hyperion and the Imperial Guard's Starjammers backup story, a Nova wearing Sam's costume shows up. spoilers:
    Only, it's Johnny Storm.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for Champions #7.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/14/ma...champions-7-3/

spoilers:
    Snowguard attacks Sam because he applied to Roxxon. The team has to explain to her the reason, so we see a flashback to how they decided to have Sam and Miles apply to be Roxxon interns.

What do you mean Viv "can't", Riri? She was using a human form (the same one from Waid's last arc) in the previous arc! Do the others not know Viv has an image inducer installed?
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sadly, the editors likely goofed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

spoilers:
    Snowguard attacks Sam because he applied to Roxxon. The team has to explain to her the reason, so we see a flashback to how they decided to have Sam and Miles apply to be Roxxon interns.

What do you mean Viv "can't", Riri? She was using a human form (the same one from Waid's last arc) in the previous arc! Do the others not know Viv has an image inducer installed?
    end of spoilers
    They might have concerns about Viv's ability to act human. An image inducer could only help so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They might have concerns about Viv's ability to act human. An image inducer could only help so far.
    This.

spoilers:
    As is, Viv is already on thin ice with Riri. And there's little sense taking the risk of Viv getting found out in some manner when they can just have someone(s) go who don't need to use an image inducer to hide them being some kind of technology.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    "Most of us have secret identities!" - I mean, do you? I mean, teen Trinity aside...and, I mean, I guess they're good about it? Most of their supporting cast know their identities but I guess the fact that it hasn't been outed means they're doing a good job.

Kamala really has no faith in the adult heroes .

Astonishing Member

I love how Miles' Spider-Sense is tingling here.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

I love how Miles' Spider-Sense is tingling here.
    Is Spider-Sense detective the possible future danger of this course of action? Is it somehow predicting the future? Is Miles' own anxiety effecting his Spider-Sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Most of us have secret identities!" - I mean, do you? I mean, teen Trinity aside...and, I mean, I guess they're good about it? Most of their supporting cast know their identities but I guess the fact that it hasn't been outed means they're doing a good job.

If it was the full team, which is at least 15 heroes, then no, the majority would not have secret identities. With this smaller group though, it's three out of five - 60%.

And yeah, I think the only adult heroes Kamala really trusts are Carol and Tony, and obviously Cyclops. Note that she left the Avengers to form the Champions shortly after Tony was incapacitated, and Carol wasn't ever on that roster (she was with the Ultimates and A-Force at the time instead). Her beef was really with Falcon. The current team is completely different to the one she quit.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If it was the full team, which is at least 15 heroes, then no, the majority would not have secret identities. With this smaller group though, it's three out of five - 60%.

And yeah, I think the only adult heroes Kamala really trusts are Carol and Tony, and obviously Cyclops. Note that she left the Avengers to form the Champions shortly after Tony was incapacitated, and Carol wasn't ever on that roster (she was with the Ultimates and A-Force at the time instead). Her beef was really with Falcon. The current team is completely different to the one she quit.
    Funny enough, at the time, Kamala had her own problems with Carol, as they ultimately fell on opposite sides of Civil War II, morally and philosophically speaking, which shattered her faith in Carol for a while. That, and the adult heroes generally being more hands-off when it came to "Kamala's Law" and all the civil/human rights violations inflicted on the underaged heroes that were almost standard operating procedure in enforcing said law . . . not exactly the most fertile breeding ground for trust.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, at the time, Kamala had her own problems with Carol, as they ultimately fell on opposite sides of Civil War II, morally and philosophically speaking, which shattered her faith in Carol for a while. That, and the adult heroes generally being more hands-off when it came to "Kamala's Law" and all the civil/human rights violations inflicted on the underaged heroes that were almost standard operating procedure in enforcing said law . . . not exactly the most fertile breeding ground for trust.
    Adult heroes just don't come off well in Champions books...unless they're Cyclops .

Isn't Captain America the only one who's actually spoken out against Kamala's Law? He helped Miles in his solo book and in Outlawed #1 actually defended the kids when they were debating the law. Of course it makes sense, as being born in 1922, Steve was a teen hero himself, he was 18 when he became Captain America. Does Kamala not know what Steve did (because she was in a coma)?

While Cyclops clearly also doesn't support the law, he currently counts as a foreign national and helping any more than he did would've caused an international incident. Obviously Black Panther has to stay out of it for the same reason.

In Children of the Atom, it is hinted that Carol and Tony also aren't fans of the law. I assume because they've seen how it's hurt Kamala and Riri. How are the Avengers not affected anyway? Isn't Ghost Rider young enough to be affected by the law?

The New Warriors, barely old enough not to fall foul of the law, of course, are pretty much traitors, except for Nova (who stayed off world, like in the first Civil War). That was a teen team much like the Champions originally, so you'd think they'd be on the Champs' side, yet they ended up working for CRADLE. Were they saying their team should never have existed? It's a shame COVID stopped us getting their side of the story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Isn't Captain America the only one who's actually spoken out against Kamala's Law? He helped Miles in his solo book and in Outlawed #1 actually defended the kids when they were debating the law. Of course it makes sense, as being born in 1922, Steve was a teen hero himself, he was 18 when he became Captain America. Does Kamala not know what Steve did (because she was in a coma)?

While Cyclops clearly also doesn't support the law, he currently counts as a foreign national and helping any more than he did would've caused an international incident. Obviously Black Panther has to stay out of it for the same reason.

In Children of the Atom, it is hinted that Carol and Tony also aren't fans of the law. I assume because they've seen how it's hurt Kamala and Riri. How are the Avengers not affected anyway? Isn't Ghost Rider young enough to be affected by the law?

The New Warriors, barely old enough not to fall foul of the law, of course, are pretty much traitors, except for Nova (who stayed off world, like in the first Civil War). That was a teen team much like the Champions originally, so you'd think they'd be on the Champs' side, yet they ended up working for CRADLE. Were they saying their team should never have existed? It's a shame COVID stopped us getting their side of the story.
    Good points, although while the Avengers don't seem to be big fans of Kamala's Law, either, they did (seem to) indicate in Children of the Atom that they'd step in regarding the COTA kids if necessary. And yes, it is a shame we didn't get the New Warriors' POV series that would have given context to their decisions and actions here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.