Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So that answers that. Champions is continuing but Outlawed as an "initiative" is done.

I'm not familiar with Danny Lord. I know they (they identify as non-binary), did the two-part Ironheart 2020 issues but I never read them. Prior to that, it's most indie books. Luciano Vecchio as the new artist is great. He was the artist of Eve Ewing's Ironheart run and it looked great.
    I personally liked Danny Lore's 2020 Ironheart issues, having read them during the Iron Man 2020 event. That being said, while it is disappointing that Eve Ewing won't be writing this book anymore, I do like that the new writer is apparently going to be tackling how corporations lobby, manipulate, and outright buy off politicians and government to carry out agendas that don't really serve the will of or benefit the masses, as well as how those same corporations (can) manipulate ordinary people into supporting them despite their disregard for those people's lives, livelihoods, and well-being.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I personally liked Danny Lore's 2020 Ironheart issues, having read them during the Iron Man 2020 event. That being said, while it is disappointing that Eve Ewing won't be writing this book anymore, I do like that the new writer is apparently going to be tackling how corporations lobby, manipulate, and outright buy off politicians and government to carry out agendas that don't really serve the will of or benefit the masses, as well as how those same corporations (can) manipulate ordinary people into supporting them despite their disregard for those people's lives, livelihoods, and well-being.
    Keeping in-line with Eve Ewing keeping this book topical with teen heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Keeping in-line with Eve Ewing keeping this book topical with teen heroes.
    Exactly. It's an interesting hook. Let's see if they can keep up the momentum begun by Eve Ewing.

Fantastic Member

Isn't this story just Civil War all over?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Isn't this story just Civil War all over?
    Funny enough, that does get addressed in Champions #3, where Silhouette (formerly) of the New Warriors calls out "Kamala's Law" as basically the SHRA for teenagers.

Fantastic Member

Funny enough, that does get addressed in Champions #3, where Silhouette (formerly) of the New Warriors calls out "Kamala's Law" as basically the SHRA for teenagers.
    Reading the standalone issue and Champions #1... the connection is made pretty explicit. It's a beat-for-beat parallel of Civil War. Even Justice is there to make the New Warriors connection... Is Cradle putting the superheroes in prison camps? I'll check out the rest when it's on Marvel Unlimited. But I don't get why Marvel is just repeating this all over.
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-13-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Reading the standalone issue and Outlaws #1... the connection is made pretty explicit. It's a beat-for-beat parallel of Civil War. Even Justice is there to make the New Warriors connection... Is Cradle putting the superheroes in prison camps? I'll check out the rest when it's on Marvel Unlimited. But I don't get why Marvel is just repeating this all over.
    spoilers:
    Yes. They are. Even worse, they're "reeducation camps" where the prisoners are indoctrinated with anti-teen hero propaganda by C.R.A.D.L.E.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Yes. They are. Even worse, they're "reeducation camps" where the prisoners are indoctrinated with anti-teen hero propaganda by C.R.A.D.L.E.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks. I don't know how much more they can do with this superhero registration type of thing... I guess they will revisit it every few years.

Thanks. I don't know how much more they can do with this superhero registration type of thing... I guess they will revisit it every few years.
    You're welcome, and I think it'll keep coming up because of the idea that in any (quasi-)realistic scenario, the public and the government would never tolerate "unaccountable" costumed superhuman vigilantes tearing s*** up and endangering public safety while fighting (costumed superhuman) criminals and terrorists.

Lore's name just appeared in the DC solicits, he's doing Truth and Justice #3, a one off about John Constantine. So he has two very different comics out in April!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lore's name just appeared in the DC solicits, he's doing Truth and Justice #3, a one off about John Constantine. So he has two very different comics out in April!
    Ah, cool, though for the sake of being respectful, Lore happens to be nonbinary, so goes by "they/them."

Looking back at the books Lore has written, for a lot of them, they co-wrote it with another writer; mostly with Vita Ayala. I might be wrong but, Champions may be the first book Lore has written for solo. Going to be interesting to read their solo input for these characters.

First ongoing anyway. Truth and Justice is a digital first title, so that will probably appear first (next month I believe), but they're only doing two digital / one print issue for that (it changes both creative team and cast each print issue).
    Ah, cool, though for the sake of being respectful, Lore happens to be nonbinary, so goes by "they/them."
    Whoops, wasn't aware, I just saw the name Danny and assumed male.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-16-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    First ongoing anyway. Truth and Justice is a digital first title, so that will probably appear first (next month I believe), but they're only doing two digital / one print issue for that (it changes both creative team and cast each print issue).
    Whoops, wasn't aware, I just saw the name Danny and assumed male.
    It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Looking back at the books Lore has written, for a lot of them, they co-wrote it with another writer; mostly with Vita Ayala. I might be wrong but, Champions may be the first book Lore has written for solo. Going to be interesting to read their solo input for these characters.
    Definitely interesting, to say the least.

Luciano Vecchio posted this WIP sketch on his twitter recently. It's not from the actual book but rather as he describes it a, "inspirational sketch". Most likely to help him get a feel on how he wants to draw the team and the book as a whole. He also posted this character study for Kamala.