Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The thing that gets me is that Kamala could do more against the law by NOT being Ms Marvel...but by just being Kamala and going out and saying she is against it.

Kamala: "Hey everyone...you know this law some self-important politician named after me? I am against it. I believe that these young heroes are just that. Heroes. And this law just gets in the way of them doing whatever good they can for the world."
    Funny enough, Screen Rant actually posted an article with similar sentiments, albeit arguing that Kamala should unmask as Ms. Marvel, a la Spider-Man/Peter Parker in the original Marvel Civil War saga, though reversed or inverted insofar as Peter unmasking to show his support for the SHRA and Kamala unmasking to rebuke "Kamala's Law."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Screen Rant actually posted an article with similar sentiments, albeit arguing that Kamala should unmask as Ms. Marvel, a la Spider-Man/Peter Parker in the original Marvel Civil War saga, though reversed or inverted insofar as Peter unmasking to show his support for the SHRA and Kamala unmasking to rebuke "Kamala's Law."
    I'm not unconvinced that's where the story would've gone had it lasted longer.

But of course Eve Ewing leaving Champions and Saladin Ahmed's Ms. Marvel ending will have thwarted such a plan.

Children of the Atom #1 was released yesterday. The new team fought some old X-Factor villains, then afterwards made a quick exit, to avoid the cops because of Kamala's Law! It was originally due to be released in April last year, the same month as Champions #1, so it makes sense that the book mentioned Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I think unmasking would be wrong...but she would need to avoid any incident of being under oath and having to lie to protect herself...or walk a very fine line of answering questions very specifically.

Astonishing Member

I think she won't make a public unmasking but show the people behind the law, in exchange for not having it blow up in their face they will follow terms the Champions will put in place.

I think unmasking would be wrong...but she would need to avoid any incident of being under oath and having to lie to protect herself...or walk a very fine line of answering questions very specifically.
    Good point there, although thanks to Daredevil's efforts in Charles Soule's run preceding Chip Zdarsky's current run, superheroes can testify in court without revealing their identities to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think she won't make a public unmasking but show the people behind the law, in exchange for not having it blow up in their face they will follow terms the Champions will put in place.
    Play it smart and turn the tables (legally and politically) on the people pushing the law, like what should've happened in the original Civil War? That would be a good, if not great, idea.

Extraordinary Member

Good point there, although thanks to Daredevil's efforts in Charles Soule's run preceding Chip Zdarsky's current run, superheroes can testify in court without revealing their identities to the public.
    Yes...but Kamala needs to speak against it...not Ms Marvel.

Yes...but Kamala needs to speak against it...not Ms Marvel.
    A good point as well. It would certainly cut the proverbial Gordian knot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I guess it’s not awkward for Amadeus to go against Jake Oh.

Good to see Brawn back, and Kamala and the others are in for a nice surprise when they find out what Ammy and Viv have done.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It'd be kind of hilarious if they're staging this breakout while the main team are about to turn themselves in .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of hilarious if they're staging this breakout while the main team are about to turn themselves in .
    As Spider-Man (Peter Parker) said in an episode of the 90s animated series regarding having to save the life of his chief tormentor and bully, "Talk about your dramatic irony."

Extraordinary Member

So is Starling considered a Champion now?

She’s about to break out with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So is Starling considered a Champion now?

She’s about to break out with the others.
    Yeah, Eve Ewing included her in a Champions meeting in the first issue, and that was how she got captured by C.R.A.D.L.E.