Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think anyone can read it. I mainly got it for cyclops when he was a teen but i have stuck with their reboots since then. It's weird it's not like i'm super attached to any one person on the team but i all carnations so far they really feel like a family and are written well. I did buy issue5 i just haven't had a chance to read it but so far oulaw is being done better than i thought, at least in champions. it's the only main line book i get right now besides immortal hulk.

Did browse though. That last page moles looks 10 years old.
    Ok. I might check it out

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

For reference, I thought the Jim Zub run with the book was pretty good, but the relaunch coupled with him trying to do that slowburn arc with Kamala, Miles and Sam kind of playing against him. Like I'll always champion (heh) his run because he showed a lot of love for Sam Alexander when he didn't have a book anymore.

I did not care for the original Mark Waid run. I think at this point he just isn't the best fit for writing teenage characters.

Eve Ewing's Outlawed was pretty solid, but it again got hit with the double whammy of the pandemic stalling it and an overwhelmingly negative reaction to the New Warriors pre-release promotion. I think of the three, she definitely had the most consistent voice for all the characters.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Bad news guys. No issue in June.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I really wonder if they can make a corporation and their app an interesting antagonist.

(Also feels like they're are either too many characters to put on the cover or the book has basically become teen trio + Riri/Viv book).

I would imagine that the captured team members have some business to sort out at home. They'll have missed stuff with family, school, and any other projects (for example, Nadia's GIRL). Amadeus might be busy with his other team, the Agents of Atlas. Others might not be happy that the core members are now willing to break the law and fight dirty. It definitely looks like Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv are all that's left of the team now. Doesn't mean others won't come back or new folks won't be added later.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Miles Morales #24 preview... and Kamala guest stars again.
    https://www.cbr.com/miles-morales-sp...an-24-preview/

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Another thing that bugged me with Outlawed storyline is that the majority of the adult superheroes (except Cyclops and to the certain extent, Captain America who appeared in the tie-in of Miles Morales comic) are useless in the story when the teen superheroes are in trouble.
    Maybe Roxxon may have used a monster or whatever to distract the adult superheroes so that they could use CRADLE to go after teenagers.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 03-18-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Another thing that bugged me with Outlawed storyline is that the majority of the adult superheroes (except Cyclops and to the certain extent, Captain America who appeared in the tie-in of Miles Morales comic) are useless in the story when the teen superheroes are in trouble.
    Maybe Roxxon may have used a monster or whatever to distract the adult superheroes so that they could use CRADLE to go after teenagers.
    I think that's probably one benefit of the brevity so we don't have to deal with a long storyline of the adult Superheroes either being useless or complicit in everything.

Sucks for the Warriors though.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Yeah, for example, where the hell was Janet van Dyne? The elder Wasp should've been looking to help the Champions, considering her adopted stepdaughter was among the heroes that had been snatched away to the re-education centers.

It makes sense that Cap was on the Champs' side, as he was a teen hero himself. He was born in 1922 and became Captain America before the US entered World War II. Cyclops, of course, was on the Champs' side as he's a former member of the team himself. But they shouldn't have been the only adult allies. As well as Wasp, I'd say Mockingbird (Nadia's other mentor, the other adult in charge at GIRL), Captain Marvel (Kamala's mentor, who also formerly mentored Spider-Girl and Ultra Girl), Peter Parker (a former teen hero himself and Miles's mentor), Nova Prime (another former teen hero and Sam's mentor), and Iron Man (Riri's mentor) should've been supporting the Champions too.

I wonder if the idea of requiring a mentor will still be in place? Anya Corazon, Spider-Girl, is going to be working with Black Widow, and that's a story that starts in June.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-19-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

After Falcon and the Winter episode 1, what’s everyone’s thoughts on spoilers:
    Joacquin Torres Falcon II
    end of spoilers?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    end of spoilers?
    As I said in another thread, I enjoyed the actor's portrayal of the role, even if I thought spoilers:
    turning him into a military guy was very unnecessary.
    end of spoilers

I also don't see this version of the character having anything to do with the Champions if they ever make it to the MCU. It's not like he was a major member anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    end of spoilers?
    They MCU Bucky-ed him.

Spoilers for #5 if you've not read it yet.
    https://www.cbr.com/champions-bombshell-outlawed/
    spoilers:
    Miles needs to talk to his allies. Both Starling and Bombshell have spoken out... is this why the team is down to just Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv all of a sudden?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spoilers for #5 if you've not read it yet.
    https://www.cbr.com/champions-bombshell-outlawed/
    spoilers:
    Miles needs to talk to his allies. Both Starling and Bombshell have spoken out... is this why the team is down to just Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv all of a sudden?
    end of spoilers
    Look at poor Bombshell trying to be the dissenting voice and then being sad faced...I guess they never really went into how she started "drinking the kool aid" as it were.