Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spoilers for #5 if you've not read it yet.
    https://www.cbr.com/champions-bombshell-outlawed/
    spoilers:
    Miles needs to talk to his allies. Both Starling and Bombshell have spoken out... is this why the team is down to just Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv all of a sudden?
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully Starling & Snowguard will rejoin soon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They MCU Bucky-ed him.
    Seeing as how MCU redwing is a drone and not an actual bird. Also with how MCU Sam is military, it makes sense. Even with the age thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Seeing as how MCU redwing is a drone and not an actual bird. Also with how MCU Sam is military, it makes sense. Even with the age thing.
    It's to be expected with adaptions (particularly in the MCU and it's Ultimate influences).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's to be expected with adaptions (particularly in the MCU and it's Ultimate influences).
    I can understand why there'd be backlash to militarizing everything though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can understand why there'd be backlash to militarizing everything though
    So is he just gonna be a regular joe, get a wing suit...or be mutated??

For Joaquin in the comics, I'd just have him joined the army. He's forced to do it because of Outlawed or just come up with another reason. It's a FastTrack for citizenship etc.

It's an interesting arc for a potential solo or miniseries.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So is he just gonna be a regular joe, get a wing suit...or be mutated??
    I'm guessing something similar to Sam in the MCU if they go give him powers.

Spoilers for #5 if you've not read it yet.
    https://www.cbr.com/champions-bombshell-outlawed/
    spoilers:
    Miles needs to talk to his allies. Both Starling and Bombshell have spoken out... is this why the team is down to just Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv all of a sudden?
    end of spoilers
    Oh great, splitting the team apart to the bare group and not following though the united team at all.

And Lore is gonna follow though with it. Joy.

Please don't tell Nadia is gone from the group because of this. If so, yeah, I'll just wait for the next reboot.

The covers for issues 6-8 only show the core trio, Viv, and Riri, so yeah, I think even Nadia left. I hope they at least explain where everyone went. Amadeus and Nadia do both have other teams though (Agents of Atlas and GIRL). The only problem is, neither has a book right now!

If Snowguard is off the team, then her fans will probably need to hope for Zub to get an Alpha Flight run. That's the other team it would make sense for Amka to be on, as they appeared in her origin arc and she named herself after two of their members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm guessing something similar to Sam in the MCU if they go give him powers.
    I agree, Joaquin's comic origin is impossible in the MCU, because Sam's bird partner Redwing doesn't exist. Therefore, if he does become Falcon during the series (with Sam ending up becoming the new Captain America) then he'll probably just use a tech wing harness like Sam's.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2021 at 10:18 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Two years ago, who would have thought Falcon would be the first Champions member in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Two years ago, who would have thought Falcon would be the first Champions member in the MCU.
    honestly 2 years ago I didn't even think we'd get Champions in the MCU, at least in phase 4

Technically, he's the second, Wasp is the first. Hope is Nadia's counterpart, actually appearing in the movies before the comics - Nadia's Russian backstory is because of the fact Hank and Janet are younger in the comics - so young, that they couldn't possibly have even a 16 year old kid (which is about half the age of Hope), which is why they made her the daughter of Hank's first wife instead, hence the name change. They then did the adoption story to sync it up, so that Nadia at least had the same last name as her movie counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Technically, he's the second, Wasp is the first. Hope is Nadia's counterpart, actually appearing in the movies before the comics - Nadia's Russian backstory is because of the fact Hank and Janet are younger in the comics - so young, that they couldn't possibly have even a 16 year old kid (which is about half the age of Hope), which is why they made her the daughter of Hank's first wife instead, hence the name change. They then did the adoption story to sync it up, so that Nadia at least had the same last name as her movie counterpart.
    Wasn't she originally a villain in the MC2 universe?

Extraordinary Member

True, but Hank is old enough to have Nadia in the comics.....that’s why he’s her biological father.

Janet, however is too young to have a 16 year old daughter, from the time we meet her anyway.

Ultimate Member

True, but Hank is old enough to have Nadia in the comics.....that’s why he’s her biological father.

Janet, however is too young to have a 16 year old daughter, from the time we meet her anyway.
    Janet was only about 20, wasn't she? While I think Hank was about 30. I maybe wrong