Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm not the biggest fan of the Champions, (I only get Miles book on the regular) but I think it's a mistake only pushing Miles, Kamala and Sam as the Big 3. Zub was doing a great job. What the title needs is a dynamic artist the same way Bagley helped defined the New Warriors with Nicieza or Liefeld with X-Force or Perez and Wolfman on the Titans. Who is the defiant creative team for the Champions? Other than the big 3, who are its defining members - Viv, Ironheart, Hulk (Cho)?

Yes. But Amadeus is no longer an active member, the current run only focuses on Kamala, Miles, Sam, Viv and Riri, with Snowguard appearing but not actually working with the team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala was really hesitant to deal with this publicly as Kamala Khan, but now I guess she doesn't have a choice.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of the Champions, (I only get Miles book on the regular) but I think it's a mistake only pushing Miles, Kamala and Sam as the Big 3. Zub was doing a great job. What the title needs is a dynamic artist the same way Bagley helped defined the New Warriors with Nicieza or Liefeld with X-Force or Perez and Wolfman on the Titans. Who is the defiant creative team for the Champions? Other than the big 3, who are its defining members - Viv, Ironheart, Hulk (Cho)?
    A fair question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This . . . is gonna be pain, I'm certain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala was really hesitant to deal with this publicly as Kamala Khan, but now I guess she doesn't have a choice.
    Based on how issue 7 ended, she can blame Sam for that.

They're smart kids, I'm sure they'll figure out some way to turn it to their advantage.

Preview for Champions 8: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/champions-8/

spoilers:
    I think it's pretty cool seeing the highs and lows of Kamala and Sam's relationship, with them being confidants in Ewing's stint and arguing here, as friends do. It's also interesting to see the presumption that Kamala is the de facto leader and mastermind of the Champions be challenged.

Also, did anyone else find it odd that in one panel, Miles and Kamala by themselves and standing next to each other, and in the next panel Sam suddenly appears next to them out of thin air?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Preview for Champions 8: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/champions-8/

spoilers:
    I think it's pretty cool seeing the highs and lows of Kamala and Sam's relationship, with them being confidants in Ewing's stint and arguing here, as friends do. It's also interesting to see the presumption that Kamala is the de facto leader and mastermind of the Champions be challenged.

Also, did anyone else find it odd that in one panel, Miles and Kamala by themselves and standing next to each other, and in the next panel Sam suddenly appears next to them out of thin air?
    end of spoilers
    Stealth Hi/Bye, as TV Tropes would call it, in broad daylight? (I think it's daylight.) That said, spoilers:
    I did appreciate the acknowledgement that both Kamala and Sam had valid reasons to be upset with each other.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Nice. But when is Miles the same height as Kamala and Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    A good question. Kamala's supposed to be 5'4" and Miles is supposed to be 5'8". Could look up Sam Alexander's height, too, to see how he stacks up, so to speak.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    While he's definitely gone through a growth spurt as of Saladin Ahmed's run (because his book is the one that most acknowledges his age; poor Sam is technically still stuck at 15), it's simply possible that this book is portraying them more as they were originally, height-wise. They started off basically being the same height as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While he's definitely gone through a growth spurt as of Saladin Ahmed's run (because his book is the one that most acknowledges his age; poor Sam is technically still stuck at 15), it's simply possible that this book is portraying them more as they were originally, height-wise. They started off basically being the same height as each other.
    I don't know about you, but I kind of like the fact that he's still 15. It makes him the youngest because someone's gotta be, but it's also one more thing to make him distinctive from Kamala and Miles. I like variety in my team books.

As for the height thing, I never really paid much attention to their heights, but I feel like they've been consistently shown as similar in height.

It feels weird that this is the only book Vision is appearing in and he's constantly in "doting dad" mode.

I mean, I don't mind it, but...it's like the only time we see Vision anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I don't know about you, but I kind of like the fact that he's still 15. It makes him the youngest because someone's gotta be, but it's also one more thing to make him distinctive from Kamala and Miles. I like variety in my team books.

As for the height thing, I never really paid much attention to their heights, but I feel like they've been consistently shown as similar in height.
    The only thing about that is that Sam still being 15 is part and parcel with the fact that he's been without an ongoing for going on 6 years now. It just feels like it makes him "easier to ignore".