Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The "Killer App" arc coming up for issue #6 has me thinking on wich members of the team would be right to go undercover in the evil corporation. Obviously the members with public identities are out so that leaves.

- Kamala

- Miles

- Sam

- Viv

Among these I think Miles and Viv would be the best option since Miles is a natural stealth character and Viv has her human holo-disguise. And if I'm allowed to bend the conditions I put forth then Nadia would also make a good infiltrator as long as she stay's shrunk and hidden like she did in the Outlawed one-shot.

Extraordinary Member

Why doesn’t Miles use his invisibility more in Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    The "Killer App" arc coming up for issue #6 has me thinking on wich members of the team would be right to go undercover in the evil corporation. Obviously the members with public identities are out so that leaves.

- Kamala

- Miles

- Sam

- Viv

Among these I think Miles and Viv would be the best option since Miles is a natural stealth character and Viv has her human holo-disguise. And if I'm allowed to bend the conditions I put forth then Nadia would also make a good infiltrator as long as she stay's shrunk and hidden like she did in the Outlawed one-shot.
    Kamala's ruled out as well. She's not publicly known as Ms. Marvel, but she IS famous, thanks to the whole Kamala's Law thing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Same reason when he doesn't use the Venom Blast when he probably should?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Really depends on how the writers want to showcase not only what Miles does with his powers, but also how they're being used to assist the team. From memory Waid only used Miles camouflage in two issues of his run. First as a demonstration to the team during their camping trip, and again to surprise attack an enemy when they faced off against the Freelancers.

Zub's run had only two examples as well; when Miles ambushed Scorpia and Fly and when he did some secret recon inside the Master of The World's facility in northern Canada.

And Eve Ewing so far only has on example from issue #1 of her run.

But with this undercover arc coming up, Danny Lore will have plenty of opportunities to show more of Miles' stealth capabilities.

Jim Zub and Steven Cummings are back, on the Champions' Heroes Reborn tie-in, Young Squadron. Miles is Falcon (the Robin to Nighthawk's Batman), Kamala is Girl Power (Power Princess's protege - as someone called in her own appreciation thread!) and Sam is Kid Spectrum (Doctor Spectrum's protege).
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ns-spider-man/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jim Zub and Steven Cummings are back, on the Champions' Heroes Reborn tie-in, Young Squadron. Miles is Falcon (the Robin to Nighthawk's Batman), Kamala is Girl Power (Power Princess's protege - as someone called in her own appreciation thread!) and Sam is Kid Spectrum (Doctor Spectrum's protege).
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ns-spider-man/
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zub works in a few other Champions as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds cool, though I'm expecting their fight with Deadpool might prompt them to find some skeletons in the Squadron Supreme's closet, as it were. After all, how did Nighthawk's previous Falcon really die?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds cool, though I'm expecting their fight with Deadpool might prompt them to find some skeletons in the Squadron Supreme's closet, as it were. After all, how did Nighthawk's previous Falcon really die?
    There's a clipped wing joke in there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. Viv would obviously not exist, because neither would Vision. Cyclops and Dust are out because most of the X-Men are dead (the ones that aren't are in Magneto and the Mutant Force). Riri could still be Ironheart - she'd be inspired by Hyperion, like how Steel is inspired by Superman. There's no reason why Nadia wouldn't still exist either - but obviously, if Hank and Janet were never Ant-Man and the Wasp, would she still be the Wasp? DC does have Bumblebee, maybe Nadia would just develop the Wasp tech independently like Karen did? Alpha Flight still exists, so Snowguard's existence is still possible too.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. Viv would obviously not exist, because neither would Vision. Cyclops and Dust are out because most of the X-Men are dead (the ones that aren't are in Magneto and the Mutant Force). Riri could still be Ironheart - she'd be inspired by Hyperion, like how Steel is inspired by Superman. There's no reason why Nadia wouldn't still exist either - but obviously, if Hank and Janet were never Ant-Man and the Wasp, would she still be the Wasp? DC does have Bumblebee, maybe Nadia would just develop the Wasp tech independently like Karen did? Alpha Flight still exists, so Snowguard's existence is still possible too.
    Jim Zub mentioned on twitter that since this is limited to just being a one-shot, the main three are going to be the only members appearing.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Arcade beat him to death with a crowbar.
    "Cable was right!"

Has the Squadron Supreme or Nighthawk individually ever fought a Joker ersatz? Because you're right, that's definitely referencing how Joker killed Jason Todd (Miles has been cast as Tim Drake here).

Extraordinary Member

Wouldn’t Amadeus just be his original Mastermind Excello teen genius self?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Arcade beat him to death with a crowbar.
    Good one.

Has the Squadron Supreme or Nighthawk individually ever fought a Joker ersatz? Because you're right, that's definitely referencing how Joker killed Jason Todd (Miles has been cast as Tim Drake here).
    Supreme Power Nighthawk fought a serial killer disguised as a clown who called himself Whiteface.
    The spider is always on the hunt.