Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It's subtle but I always love the running gag that Miles, despite constantly web slinging, tends to fall victim to motion sickness for other unorthodox modes of travel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Think he'll end up puking on board the Marauder later in the issue?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview of issue 4.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/12/ma...champions-4-3/

spoilers:
    Pixie teleports the team to Riri's lab, where Cyclops tells the team about Viv's treason.
    end of spoilers
    Dun dun dun....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dun dun dun....
    The plot does indeed thicken.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They seem to be rushing to the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    They seem to be rushing to the finale.
    Between the Pandemic delaying everything and the reception to New Warriors making it DOA, Marvel probably saw that they had no choice but speed this storyline along.

Probably also doesn't help that Miles and Kamala were the only ones of any of these characters that actually had ongoings so it's hard to sell this initative if barely any books are really tying into them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Between the Pandemic delaying everything and the reception to New Warriors making it DOA, Marvel probably saw that they had no choice but speed this storyline along.

Probably also doesn't help that Miles and Kamala were the only ones of any of these characters that actually had ongoings so it's hard to sell this initative if barely any books are really tying into them.
    It also probably didn't help that the storyline might seem too topical, and the longer the story ran on the worse the adult heroes would probably look.

I mean, they didn't even think the story was worth doing a Runaways tie-in for (which probably has to do with Rowell not wanting to deal with the wider Marvel Universe but it makes no sense for the series to have nothing to do with it).

I guess we'll never know why X-23 and Gabby were on that promo teaser.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Not only that the New Warriors mini is cancelled before release, it doesn't help that the elder New Warriors had become antagonistic by turning into government stooges in Champions mini which doesn't sit well with New Warriors fans. When I read Outlawed one-shot and Champions mini, I was upset to find that my favorite team (the New Warriors) had turned into pro-reg jerks for cheap drama and conflict.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Not only that the New Warriors mini is cancelled before release, it doesn't help that the elder New Warriors had become antagonistic by turning into government stooges in Champions mini which doesn't sit well with New Warriors fans. When I read Outlawed one-shot and Champions mini, I was upset to find that my favorite team (the New Warriors) had turned into pro-reg jerks for cheap drama and conflict.
    Yeah, I think the mini would have probably showed the team's perspective and why they are doing this better, maybe even end with them rebelling against CRADLE at the end.

Shame we might never find out what the plan was.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

With the storyline seemingly ending, Eve Ewing leaving and Danny Lore taking over at Champions #6, I have a feeling that Outlawed is going to leave more unanswered questions because of its rushed state and not to mention, the unreleased Kibblesmith New Warriors mini.

So there are more unanswered questions like....

1) Why did the New Warriors turn into government stooges in Outlawed? Were they brainwashed?
    2) Where are the adult heroes like Spider-Man, Avengers and Fantastic Four in this stupid event? So far, only Falcon is mentioned that he is mentoring Joaquin Torres. Other than him, no one else.
    3) What did the Re-Education Camp do to any defiant kids and what really happened to Bombshell that made her into a sobbing wreck?
    4) Who is really behind that C.R.A.D.L.E mess? Could it be a mind-controlling supervillain or even the mundane ones like Mayor Kingpin besides Senator Patrick?
    Last edited by MitchFox; 02-17-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

spoilers:
    I like Kamala remembering Kitty’s codename instead of pretending Shadowcat was never a thing.

How does Sam not know who Attuma is?

Also sounds like the team is going to turn themselves in and maybe break the captured members out from the inside?
    end of spoilers

Yeah this is gonna be one rushed ending...

They actually just announced another Outlawed tie-in, Reptil. I think the end of issue 5 will only end the Champions on the run/imprisoned stories, and not the event as a whole.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They actually just announced another Outlawed tie-in, Reptil. I think the end of issue 5 will only end the Champions on the run/imprisoned stories, and not the event as a whole.
    The actual law itself will still be a sticking point going forward but I think C.R.A.D.L.E. is getting dissolved in the next issue.

The actual law itself will still be a sticking point going forward but I think C.R.A.D.L.E. is getting dissolved in the next issue.
    I'm getting the sense from Kamala at the end and how they took the Marauders' example as an indication that they're going to try and work with the government on teen hero oversight and maybe that rolls back Kamala's Law and CRADLE to some extent.