Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    You're right that it ultimately doesn't make any major changes, but just surprising to me in a lot of ways. Good that it provides more context, but God now it makes everything with Kurt even more gross
    Claremont's DOFP version of Kurt and his relationship with Rachel has always been inconsistent. First Kurt was one of the dead X-Men and Rachel remembered him being killed at the mansion. I think there was a different version of his death in Excalibur during the Cross-Time Caper. Now Claremont's realized the discrepancy so he's confirmed that Rachel remembering dead Kurt was a false memory.

Then there's the fact that he's her godfather (I'm a little surprised Logan wasn't but then again, Claremont always wanted Jean and Logan paired together so he may have done that on purpose) and there's no romantic interactions between them in Excalibur. Kurt is interested in Meggan and Claremont claimed he felt Kitty and Rachel were soulmates (even though earlier he established that Illyana is Kitty's real soulmate) and he wasn't allowed to pair them together. But then during X-Men Reload, he has Kurt and Rachel flirt with each other (which never seemed that different from Kurt and Ororo flirting but they never ended up together) and by X-Men Red, they've become a real couple.

Extraordinary Member

And now she’s flirting with her step-grandmother:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait, who??

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wait, who??
    Hepzibah.

This was from 2019 though when Krakoa started though.

Hepzibah.

This was from 2019 though when Krakoa started though.
    Oh ok, I was so confused for a second who her step-grandmother was, thinking had one of Jean's parents remarried and come back to life lol?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

By the time Rachel came along Jean was dead and not officially coming back (although only a few months away) so I highly doubt that Logan would have ever been an intended godparent given his anger issues. Things change in comics all the time as writer retcon their own work, Claremont case in point.

Oh see I didn't read that scene as her flirting with Hepzibah. I read it as Hep has less filters in her interactions with humans, and Hickman writes Rachel like an angsty Meg Griffin. The only overt context of liking women is from Leah.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Claremont's DOFP version of Kurt and his relationship with Rachel has always been inconsistent. First Kurt was one of the dead X-Men and Rachel remembered him being killed at the mansion. I think there was a different version of his death in Excalibur during the Cross-Time Caper. Now Claremont's realized the discrepancy so he's confirmed that Rachel remembering dead Kurt was a false memory.

Then there's the fact that he's her godfather (I'm a little surprised Logan wasn't but then again, Claremont always wanted Jean and Logan paired together so he may have done that on purpose) and there's no romantic interactions between them in Excalibur. Kurt is interested in Meggan and Claremont claimed he felt Kitty and Rachel were soulmates (even though earlier he established that Illyana is Kitty's real soulmate) and he wasn't allowed to pair them together. But then during X-Men Reload, he has Kurt and Rachel flirt with each other (which never seemed that different from Kurt and Ororo flirting but they never ended up together) and by X-Men Red, they've become a real couple.
    In the spoilers I posted, it's revealed that when Kurt, Amanda and Ilyanna died in the attack on the mansion, Amanda secretly teleported Kurt away - which is why Rachel thought he died. That's not a discrepancy but a retcon that works. As for Rachel's memory of Kurt's death, that was after the Cross Time Caper and during the battle against D'Spayre and it was always him manipulating her false memories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    In the spoilers I posted, it's revealed that when Kurt, Amanda and Ilyanna died in the attack on the mansion, Amanda secretly teleported Kurt away - which is why Rachel thought he died. That's not a discrepancy but a retcon that works. As for Rachel's memory of Kurt's death, that was after the Cross Time Caper and during the battle against D'Spayre and it was always him manipulating her false memories.
    I may be wrong but didn’t we also later find out that Kurt and Amanda had a daughter, who was Rachel’s friend?

I remember that’s another one of the reasons I didn’t like present day Kurt and Rachel getting together.

Incredible Member

I may be wrong but didn’t we also later find out that Kurt and Amanda had a daughter, who was Rachel’s friend?

I remember that’s another one of the reasons I didn’t like present day Kurt and Rachel getting together.
    In Days of Future Present, there's a girl named Blue who is heavily implied to be Kurt and Amanda's daughter. It is possible that she could be retconned into being his sister from Azazel, but not in the context of that original story.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

There’s a new podcast, started last week, discussing the original Excalibur from the start, so lots of Rachel content coming up.
    https://goshgollywow.com/ has the link to the podcast.
    I enjoyed it immensely, I loved Rachel in Excalibur.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    There’s a new podcast, started last week, discussing the original Excalibur from the start, so lots of Rachel content coming up.
    https://goshgollywow.com/ has the link to the podcast.
    I enjoyed it immensely, I loved Rachel in Excalibur.
    Cool. The original Excalibur team was Rachel's idea and she's had her fair share of adventures in Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Cool. The original Excalibur team was Rachel's idea and she's had her fair share of adventures in Otherworld.
    Sssshhhh don't tell the writers that. She might actually be used for her knowledge in the larger Otherworld discussion vs sitting in the medical lagoon waiting to chat with the injured via telepathy.

So going back to the Uncanny X-Men 140.5 and the latest Avengers, does this mean legitimately that Rachel and Thor are half-siblings?

Fantastic Member

So going back to the Uncanny X-Men 140.5 and the latest Avengers, does this mean legitimately that Rachel and Thor are half-siblings?
    Oh man I hope not. In the world of retcons that was not one I was happy about. I'm sticking with Rachel is Jean and Scott's kid from another timeline and the phoenix just helped to restore her body. That's how I am choosing to take it as because we all know if there was an argument to be made that she is his half sister. It doesn't matter anyways because it would never be explored.

I do not think we really know yet as all the stories are not completed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!