Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Like Jean Grey, Rachel doesn't need to be tied down to the Phoenix to be a great character. (It's a wonder there isn't a Rachel vs Jean discussion...I could be wrong...to see who deserves the Fire Turkey more).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Neither is in the running so its kinda moot

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Like Jean Grey, Rachel doesn't need to be tied down to the Phoenix to be a great character. (It's a wonder there isn't a Rachel vs Jean discussion...I could be wrong...to see who deserves the Fire Turkey more).
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Neither is in the running so its kinda moot
    Also better not to stir that pot of bitterness anyway. Jean and Rachel are both great characters and rightfully have their fans. No need to divide them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Also better not to stir that pot of bitterness anyway. Jean and Rachel are both great characters and rightfully have their fans. No need to divide them.
    Quoted for truth. Let's not pit fans against each other. The Phoenix is not under the X-Men banner right now and likely will not be again for a long time.

So good luck flamin chicken, Rachel and Jean don't need you to be amazing characters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Quoted for truth. Let's not pit fans against each other. The Phoenix is not under the X-Men banner right now and likely will not be again for a long time.

So good luck flamin chicken, Rachel and Jean don't need you to be amazing characters.
    I agree. Jean and Rachel are equally good though I will always lean Rachel, It was Jean that got me interested in the Phoenix. I am done with it though, let the Avengers and the wider marvel universe have it. They have already deviated from it so much it's not recognizable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I agree. Jean and Rachel are equally good though I will always lean Rachel, It was Jean that got me interested in the Phoenix. I am done with it though, let the Avengers and the wider marvel universe have it. They have already deviated from it so much it's not recognizable anymore.
    I always Lean Jean. But love for Rachel is there too.

Hahaha, this is fun. I am glad the writers threw in something like this to make it feel real.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Fantastic Member

Hey look no muzzle on her. I know that was one of the reasons people didn't like her Gala outfit. In this context I like it and I like she is smiling for once.

Rachel removed her muzzle so she could drink her champagne! Her glass appears empty, while Lorna's is almost at the top.

Fantastic Member

Rachel removed her muzzle so she could drink her champagne! Her glass appears empty, while Lorna's is almost at the top.
    Which might explain the smile

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I mean it's not like she can't control atoms and molecules to alter the outfit anytime she wants, so it makes sense she'd pull back or alter the muzzle once done with the red carpet.

But I do love the last XFactor team pose before Lorna moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I mean it's not like she can't control atoms and molecules to alter the outfit anytime she wants, so it makes sense she'd pull back or alter the muzzle once done with the red carpet.

But I do love the last XFactor team pose before Lorna moves on.
    Oh, I know about Rachel's powers. Rachel decided to wear the face/mouth covering. No one else did. If she did not want it at all, she could have altered it so as to never shown it. I just mentioned that it seems Rachel decided to (temporarily) remove it for eating/drinking, and that she downed all of her champagne. We could very well see her with it back on in another shot.

Finally read the Avengers from last week. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Phoenix is Rachel and oh man do they love to just not even acknowledge that she has any part of it. If that's what they are going to do with it then let it be gone from the X books for all time. To be tampered with and used so out of character for so long now is just depressing. The Phoenix story is what got me interested in comics and now to see that so thoughtlessly used is just disheartening.
    Oh Phoenix, you'll never learn. You were Rachel's mommy, but gone bad with the in-crowd. Now everybody ride her, just like a bus route.

Fantastic Member

I saw the solicitations for Marvel's stuff in July and there is no X-Factor that I saw. Is it cancelled since they took Polaris away or something?

I saw the solicitations for Marvel's stuff in July and there is no X-Factor that I saw. Is it cancelled since they took Polaris away or something?
    the book isnt cancelled and definitely wouldnt be simply bc Lorna is leaving. This era of X-books, books will skip a month bc there are so many. July happens tobe X-Factor's turn