Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    This man has committed a long list of crimes against the Phoenix, including making the Phoenix... a bullet.

SAVE PHOENIX FROM JASON AARON.
    He's the one that started this whole Wolverine is a Phoenix, and then went even as far to claim he is the end-game Phoenix. So yes, enough is enough but we all know that Marvel is happy with the hype of having a Phoenix character in the Avengers so it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    He's the one that started this whole Wolverine is a Phoenix, and then went even as far to claim he is the end-game Phoenix. So yes, enough is enough but we all know that Marvel is happy with the hype of having a Phoenix character in the Avengers so it's not going anywhere.
    I'm a bit conflicted about how I think the Phoenix concept should evolve. I have fond memories of when it was bonded with Rachel, and it is supposedly her parent, but it's also connected to all life in the omniverse. It comes down to who has the privilege to hold power and what they do with it, worthy or not. Should it be a right via nepotism for all eternity, or is it something better accessed because of need? Maybe Aaron is just exploring if it's should be owned by one being, when there is a universe of possibilities. We can just accept the concept is described as a chaos bringer, so it's in the description to expect ideas will be created and destroyed.

All of Aaron's ideas about Phoenix has been awful Idk why the editors approve them. And I just can't stand that now Wolverine has to be involved in EVERYTHING about the Phoenix. Its frustrating. Like in that awful Enter the Phoenix arc he even made a prehistoric Jean that was "saved" by a wolf and wooow he was the key to control the Phoenix! lol Logan is really cool but pls stop.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-23-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    The new emphasis on the chrono-skimming in X-Factor seems to be the differentiator. That's a great boost for her.
    I am happy to see this "long-forgotten" power of Rachel's by all the writers finally mentioned and used again. It should be used way more often.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I'm a bit conflicted about how I think the Phoenix concept should evolve. I have fond memories of when it was bonded with Rachel, and it is supposedly her parent, but it's also connected to all life in the omniverse. It comes down to who has the privilege to hold power and what they do with it, worthy or not. Should it be a right via nepotism for all eternity, or is it something better accessed because of need? Maybe Aaron is just exploring if it's should be owned by one being, when there is a universe of possibilities. We can just accept the concept is described as a chaos bringer, so it's in the description to expect ideas will be created and destroyed.
    I am also conflicted in the same way because the concept itself has changed dramatically so many times. It has gone from a sentient cosmic force tasked with cyclic destruction and rebirth with or without a host; to a weapon; to a cosmic force that is primarily a destructive force; to an end-game cosmic force controlled by a "hero" that should never have been attached to it; to a creature whose existence is now merely to have a host to imbue them with power. So much of what the Force was that was tied to Jean and Rachel has been stripped or erased so that the Avengers can use it to prop up their line. If they are going with a destructive force quasi-tamed by its wielder then it will evolve in a way that likely is not designed for it to return to the mutants.

I am also conflicted in the same way because the concept itself has changed dramatically so many times. It has gone from a sentient cosmic force tasked with cyclic destruction and rebirth with or without a host; to a weapon; to a cosmic force that is primarily a destructive force; to an end-game cosmic force controlled by a "hero" that should never have been attached to it; to a creature whose existence is now merely to have a host to imbue them with power. So much of what the Force was that was tied to Jean and Rachel has been stripped or erased so that the Avengers can use it to prop up their line. If they are going with a destructive force quasi-tamed by its wielder then it will evolve in a way that likely is not designed for it to return to the mutants.
    Yeah, it changed so much. The Phoenix is nothing but a power-up nowadays (and Thor's mom). And I'm pretty sure they will keep changing the lore in the years to come, sadly.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-23-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

In my own head canon. The phoenix never truly came back together after the Phoenix five and now it's just in all kinds of different shapes and forms. All of them looking for an identity. It's resurrection of Jean was an effort by one of these shadows to try and define itself. I use the same explanation for all the other stuff that's been going on in Avengers. Not true of course but it makes it easier for me to stomach all of this stuff that is clearly not what the Phoenix is.

Fantastic Member

Even the Phoenix Five seemed fake. Same with the Phoenix Endsong series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I actually don't mind that list. Though if I were being objective I would say the Professor should be 2 and Rachel 3 but I am not complaining. Some well overdo recognition for Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I actually don't mind that list. Though if I were being objective I would say the Professor should be 2 and Rachel 3 but I am not complaining. Some well overdo recognition for Rachel.
    And if I were making the list I would put Exodus 3 and Rachel 4 given what they have shown in the books. It still irks me that Exodus is considered an omega even though he is enhanced via Apocalypse tech but it is what it is.

And if I were making the list I would put Exodus 3 and Rachel 4 given what they have shown in the books. It still irks me that Exodus is considered an omega even though he is enhanced via Apocalypse tech but it is what it is.
    It's unclear if this list is based on current power levels, potential (with power-ups) or from the complete character's history. Maybe that's why former long-time Phoenix hosts are on top? I guess all the current Omegas had power-ups, like Quentin got good with the help of Sublime juice. Would you count Rachel's recent Mother Askani pep-talk as a factor in her ranking, since Mother Askani was timestream spanning powerhouse that was was worshiped as a goddess? Why isn't the Shadow King on this list? Would Onslaught be the Pokemon evolution of Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    It's unclear if this list is based on current power levels, potential (with power-ups) or from the complete character's history. Maybe that's why former long-time Phoenix hosts are on top? I guess all the current Omegas had power-ups, like Quentin got good with the help of Sublime juice. Would you count Rachel's recent Mother Askani pep-talk as a factor in her ranking, since Mother Askani was timestream spanning powerhouse that was was worshiped as a goddess? Why isn't the Shadow King on this list? Would Onslaught be the Pokemon evolution of Xavier?
    These are some good questions. I think that given the title is X-Men telepaths SK and Onslaught aren't "X-Men" so to speak with Exodus getting a nod as he's on the Quiet Council.

I would like to say that Rachel didn't get a boost but instead had her blocks and programming removed (as really she didn't go through the same things that this/our Rachel did) that were re-installed by the Phoenix Force during "Kingbreaker". So she didn't have the programming from Ahab and Mojo again. Removing these embedded triggers and controls allowed her better access to her own power. And yes, I view Mother Askani as Rachel's ultimate expression, which by all previous standards made her Omega as she transcended her physical body and became a being of pure psionic energy that could move freely throughout the timestream.

I view Onslaught more as the fusion form of Xavier and Magneto (a la Dragon Ball Z) lol

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Oh that's cool that she's shown with Cap, Janet, and Erik.