Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah the solicit for the Trial of Magneto states that the story starts in X-Factor #10 which is the last issue in the series. While Rachel and co will be involved in the ToM, beyond that mini we don't know what to expect other than limbo perhaps.
    Hickman likes writing the Summers Family (pretty clear since Cyclops is like his main character). With any luck, Rachel will be in his book whenever it's released.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah the solicit for the Trial of Magneto states that the story starts in X-Factor #10 which is the last issue in the series. While Rachel and co will be involved in the ToM, beyond that mini we don't know what to expect other than limbo perhaps.
    She would be a perfect fit for X-Force. The book is due for a relaunch anyways and it’s time to switch up the line up. It sucks that X-Factor is cancelled. Just when the team is getting its footing.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    She would be a perfect fit for X-Force. The book is due for a relaunch anyways and it’s time to switch up the line up. It sucks that X-Factor is cancelled. Just when the team is getting its footing.
    I haven't seen an official notice of XFactor cancellation - the last solitcitation just says "Last Dance" - do we have a definite answer that X-Factor is canceled?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hickman likes writing the Summers Family (pretty clear since Cyclops is like his main character). With any luck, Rachel will be in his book whenever it's released.
    I would prefer her not to be in that book. I really don't like the "Meg Griffin" edit he's given her. She sounds like an angsty tean when he writes her. Plus she'd only appear in the book when Jean isn't, as we have seen, and I would like the two of them to interact outside that one scene in Cable.

I think the book may get relaunched under a new title after the ToM is over but for now at least we know she'll appear in a series through December.

I don't know about X-Force only as I don't necessarily enjoy it. It isn't one of my favs from the X-line hill don't know how this book gets canceled but Excalibur keeps going...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm waiting for the latest X-Factor to come out on Amazon/Comixology! It's taking forever! I bought it ahead and I'm waiting to be notified.

Fantastic Member

I'm annoyed. I thought maybe perhaps the rumors' were not true and X-Factor was not coming to an end but after reading this thread and the last issue it's confirmed. The book barely got started. I mean technically they barely did anything. Rachel had some scenes in the first book or so but has largely been in the background since. I don't think we are going to see her in anything anytime soon. If I had my choice of current books I want her in I would have to say Excalibur but maybe Kate brings her in to replace the lost firepower of Strom in Marauders.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I'm annoyed. I thought maybe perhaps the rumors' were not true and X-Factor was not coming to an end but after reading this thread and the last issue it's confirmed. The book barely got started. I mean technically they barely did anything. Rachel had some scenes in the first book or so but has largely been in the background since. I don't think we are going to see her in anything anytime soon. If I had my choice of current books I want her in I would have to say Excalibur but maybe Kate brings her in to replace the lost firepower of Strom in Marauders.
    Well, there was this slightly-curious reaction to Rachel's appearance at her unwake. "Small text in a big balloon" usually means something like 'stunned':

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Well, there was this slightly-curious reaction to Rachel's appearance at her unwake. "Small text in a big balloon" usually means something like 'stunned':
    I liked that issue if for just that moment. I know Kitty and Rachel can leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths I wouldn't mind seeing them in a book together again. Though I am angry X-Factor is going, I am not angry to see those uniforms go. Holy crap they are terrible and I was happy in the last couple of issues when they have been in more casual clothes though with Rachel in a jumper that looked way too much like her internment clothing.

I assumed Kate couldn't see who was talking at that distance because she came back needing glasses again. She said "Rachel" as the best guess, but also quietly if she was dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I liked that issue if for just that moment. I know Kitty and Rachel can leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths I wouldn't mind seeing them in a book together again.
    They're hooking up at the gala! This i predict based on these panels!
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    They're hooking up at the gala! This i predict based on these panels!
    If we are to go by these panels we would get Kitty and Magik.Also Magik has been relatively single for the most wheread Rachel has had relationships like with Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If we are to go by these panels we would get Kitty and Magik.
    The Kitty/Magik pannels are platonic BFFs not unrequited time cross love.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    The Kitty/Magik pannels are platonic BFFs not unrequited time cross love.
    Well if you look at the panels The Magik one is much more... expressive where as the rachel one is literally just friend or even co-worker level dialogue.Very platonic.Again you ship whoever you want but solely based on the panels here Magik is much more "passion/romance" vibes than the Rachel

While a great start, I hope we see more interaction between Kate and Rachel. This is the perfect opportunity!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

In the past there was some very passion/romance vibes between Rachel and Kate. Since Gold they have been written as more friends through work from Kate's end, with Rachel appearing in Marauders feeling more like actual friends. Kate has always gone back and forth with Ray like a yo-yo: "Yes you protected me in the future let's be besties - No you are horrible and broke Morlock mirror you're monster leave - Oh no Rachel might be hurt she's my friend again - Oh we can't find her she's abandoned us she's garbage - Oh look Rachel has been trapped in the Mojoverse she's the best - oh everyone thinks Rachel is sexy I hate her and resent her for being sexy" It goes on and on and on. I'm tired just typing it. Either do something with them or don't. But I think Rachel is better off with Kate as a friend at this point as she's a mess with tattooed knuckles.