Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No thanks, I still have scars. Rachel was solely in that book to job to other people to prop them up.
    I never read it and this statement makes me not want to

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Well, yeah. That’s kinda the point with her codename, as horrid as it is. She is changing. Were Guggenheim a better writer, it would mean something beyond the growing of her powers (only to get continuously screwed over and over). There is a basic blueprint writers can go by, but there is no ruling beyond editorial that can and will drop them from experimenting.

Need I remind everyone of Spider-Man and the X-Men’s Rachel. *shivers*
    At the very least you can remind me because I can't recall (title and issue please) Rachel Grey Summers ever meeting Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-30-2021 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp...in lieu of Askani (is that still canon?) or Starchild...Rachel is perfect as is.
    At first, I was a cool with the codename "Starchild" until it started taking on meme(s) like water. So like mother, like daughter -- I'll simply stick to calling her, Rachel Grey Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    At the very least you can remind me because I can't recall (title and issue please) Rachel Grey Summers ever meeting Peter Parker.
    It’s actually literally called “Spider-Man and the X-Men”. It’s really not worth the read. The X-Men, including Rachel, are overly hostile to Spider-Man and Rachel gets mind-wiped by No-Girl (Martha Johansson). It’s a terrible read for any X-fan, unless they are a No-Girl fan solely.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

They have met on several occasions. Rachel helped him track down a mutant shortly after rejoining the X-Men. Secret Wars II.

It’s actually literally called “Spider-Man and the X-Men”. It’s really not worth the read. The X-Men, including Rachel, are overly hostile to Spider-Man and Rachel gets mind-wiped by No-Girl (Martha Johansson). It’s a terrible read for any X-fan, unless they are a No-Girl fan solely.
    Yeah it was bad bad. Better than Guggenheim but not much

They have met on several occasions. Rachel helped him track down a mutant shortly after rejoining the X-Men. Secret Wars II.
    I also remember them working together against Black Tom & Juggernaut from...

Marvel Team-Up #150

BANNED

Yeah it was bad bad. Better than Guggenheim but not much
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Marvel Team-Up #150

I'm getting old Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys/gals
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-31-2021 at 09:51 AM.

This is why I think Rachel Grey is an entirely different character than Rachel Summers. We have Claremont's manic pixie dream girl era Rachel Grey helping Peter Parker find Aunt May. Then years later she somehow devolves into get Miss Trunchbull in Spider-Man and the X-Men. Inconsistent characterization... or the years of teaching have been exceptionally hard and soul crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Marvel Team-Up #150

There is also the time Rachel used her psychometry to help Peter find Aunt May. It's also the issue where she mentions that Professor X has the same ability
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    There is also the time Rachel used her psychometry to help Peter find Aunt May. It's also the issue where she mentions that Professor X has the same ability
    Sounds interesting. Do you remember the title & issue number?

Fantastic Member

it's Marvel Knights: Spider-Man 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    it's Marvel Knights: Spider-Man 6
    Awesome! Thanks! You're a lifesaver!

Rachel has not uttered a single word in Cable #12
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I haven't picked it up yet but I assumed that she would have some line to EITHER Cable seeing how she was beside herself with grief when OG Cable was killed. I also assume no Jean interaction in this book as well? This book, while it wasn't pitched this way, felt like the Summers Family book in the way that Duggan utilized and incorporated Rachel. It's disappointing to think she was just Tank Girl in this issue, but she's not the focus (nor should she be in his book).

But let's be thankful that Leah is writing Trial of Magneto as we have already seen panels of Rachel using her abilities. So she's going to get some love there at least with a writer who gets her. Beyond that it's up in the air.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    The sad part was she was firing a rocket launcher! The artist must have confused her with Domino.