Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    In the past there was some very passion/romance vibes between Rachel and Kate. Since Gold they have been written as more friends through work from Kate's end, with Rachel appearing in Marauders feeling more like actual friends. Kate has always gone back and forth with Ray like a yo-yo: "Yes you protected me in the future let's be besties - No you are horrible and broke Morlock mirror you're monster leave - Oh no Rachel might be hurt she's my friend again - Oh we can't find her she's abandoned us she's garbage - Oh look Rachel has been trapped in the Mojoverse she's the best - oh everyone thinks Rachel is sexy I hate her and resent her for being sexy" It goes on and on and on. I'm tired just typing it. Either do something with them or don't. But I think Rachel is better off with Kate as a friend at this point as she's a mess with tattooed knuckles.
    This.I don't mind if they choose to do any of the 2 ships or leave her single.I would rather her have no relation than a bad one.

In the past there was some very passion/romance vibes between Rachel and Kate. Since Gold they have been written as more friends through work from Kate's end, with Rachel appearing in Marauders feeling more like actual friends. Kate has always gone back and forth with Ray like a yo-yo: "Yes you protected me in the future let's be besties - No you are horrible and broke Morlock mirror you're monster leave - Oh no Rachel might be hurt she's my friend again - Oh we can't find her she's abandoned us she's garbage - Oh look Rachel has been trapped in the Mojoverse she's the best - oh everyone thinks Rachel is sexy I hate her and resent her for being sexy" It goes on and on and on. I'm tired just typing it. Either do something with them or don't. But I think Rachel is better off with Kate as a friend at this point as she's a mess with tattooed knuckles.
    Yes, I agree. I think they should just be friends at this point. I just wanted to see some more talking between them at the Gala (that is what I meant before that they are together here--let them talk) even about their teammates, problems, etc.

What is up with Kate's knuckle-tats? Why did she ever get them? Seems so unlike her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I agree. I think they should just be friends at this point. I just wanted to see some more talking between them at the Gala (that is what I meant before that they are together here--let them talk) even about their teammates, problems, etc.

What is up with Kate's knuckle-tats? Why did she ever get them? Seems so unlike her.
    Ever since she has joined the Marauders she is living her best pirate life. She dresses like a pirate. Gets drunk on rum. Makes poor choices with tattoos. If I remember correctly they have significance to maiming Sebastian Shaw after he killed her. But really, she's allowing Emma to be her best friend. No wonder why Storm is leaving lol.

Ever since she has joined the Marauders she is living her best pirate life. She dresses like a pirate. Gets drunk on rum. Makes poor choices with tattoos. If I remember correctly they have significance to maiming Sebastian Shaw after he killed her. But really, she's allowing Emma to be her best friend. No wonder why Storm is leaving lol.
    Ugh! Kate HATED Emma (back when she was Kitty)! Kitty had no problem calling the X-Men to help her when Emma abducted her as a child. I guess she considers this her being grown up now with new thoughts and outlooks on things?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well if you look at the panels The Magik one is much more... expressive where as the rachel one is literally just friend or even co-worker level dialogue.Very platonic.Again you ship whoever you want but solely based on the panels here Magik is much more "passion/romance" vibes than the Rachel
    The exuberance was more from Illyana than K though. SHE'S the one who teleported in a marachi band to back up her pouncing on K! The latter was mostly along for the ride.

Rachel should set up an intervention with Kate and widget. On that note, Rachel described Kate as her surrogate mother and best friend. I know Rachel was mesmerized to date a younger hotter version of her godfather, but what would possess her to get romantic with the younger version of her alt-mom? It's that bloody flaming bird. The pf scrambled Rachel's memories to keep her away from the future and close to kitty and Kurt.

All I know is that if Duggan intends to make Kitty and Rachel an item, it better happen soon, preferably at the gala. X-Factor’s sudden cancellation has me worried about future plans being cut short.

I enjoyed X-Factor #09 but I wish we got an interaction between her and Yana. I wish their friendship was developed more by writers. Despite being in the same friend group, their interactions are very numbered.

And while it sucks that X-Factor was cancelled, Rachel will have nothing to worry about. Like Lorna, I’m sure she’ll be popping up in the Duggan’s new X-Men book. She of course has her ties to Scott and is best friends with Lorna and Rogue, and Duggan clearly loves her. He made sure to heavy acknowledge her Summers family dynamic with her presence in the Cable series and was front and center with Yana at Kate’s funeral.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    All I know is that if Duggan intends to make Kitty and Rachel an item, it better happen soon, preferably at the gala. X-Factor’s sudden cancellation has me worried about future plans being cut short.
    I'm just saying...
    The creator of Kitty Pryde, Chris Claremont, stated that he had intended the love of Kitty's life to be Rachel Summers and for her to therefore be bisexual; however, this never came to pass during Claremont's run of writing her, because it was forbidden under the Comics Code Authority.[158]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kathe...de_(Earth-616)
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Read the last issue of X-Factor. Sad it's ending. Leah's version of her isn't too bad. Not the Rachel that love but at least she isn't overly preoccupied with her family or Kitty or... anyone. She seems to be there as a team member.

Found this in a search. Pretty awesome version of Ray.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE that monochrome artwork! (and terribly miss that iconic Excalibur costume.)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE that monochrome artwork! (and terribly miss that iconic Excalibur costume.)
    I would prefer a color version.

I am sure you are aware, but in case not, Rachel's Gala Outfit is a similar version of this costume. In color.

Yupp. I like the Gala look but only as an extreme couture version of the original look. I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly modified, updated version of the Excalibur look. No funky jackets and hodge-podge colours...just the red body suit with spikes detail, tweaked a tad.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. I like the Gala look but only as an extreme couture version of the original look. I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly modified, updated version of the Excalibur look. No funky jackets and hodge-podge colours...just the red body suit with spikes detail, tweaked a tad.
    I know what you mean about jackets, lol.

The red spiky does look good on Rachel despite it being from her time as a Hound. But she seems to have embraced it, made it her own and is empowered by it. More power to Rachel.

Exactatiously.