Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the book isnt cancelled and definitely wouldnt be simply bc Lorna is leaving. This era of X-books, books will skip a month bc there are so many. July happens tobe X-Factor's turn
    They had said the skipping would mostly stop after the gala though, and X-Factor literally just skipped April, so it's frustrating. Feels like X-Factor has skipped more than any other book.

Fantastic Member

the book isnt cancelled and definitely wouldnt be simply bc Lorna is leaving. This era of X-books, books will skip a month bc there are so many. July happens tobe X-Factor's turn
    Ah thanks. I was really hoping I was overreacting because I really don't see Rachel getting in on any other book. I was hoping for a new Exiles with Blink but I could see Rachel being in something like that but it's not happening anytime soon and with Blink showing up in Way of X I don't think there's any appetite for an Exiles book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    They had said the skipping would mostly stop after the gala though, and X-Factor literally just skipped April, so it's frustrating. Feels like X-Factor has skipped more than any other book.
    Maybe they need some time to reorganize after losing Polaris?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    If Duggan had enough time to write Polaris into X-Men 1 (and Hickman into X-Men 21 winning the election, presumably Leah into X-Factor 10 which comes out after that as well), I'm sure Leah had enough time to write a new issue without Polaris.

Fantastic Member

If Duggan had enough time to write Polaris into X-Men 1 (and Hickman into X-Men 21 winning the election, presumably Leah into X-Factor 10 which comes out after that as well), I'm sure Leah had enough time to write a new issue without Polaris.
    Probably right. Though it's easier to write in a new character in a new series. She just may not have a starring role right away. With X-Factor it may have upset creative plans a little.

I think you are overthinking things. Leah wasnt caught off guard with Polaris leaving and even if she was, Marvel would just have Lorna appear in two titles until the switch happened, not delay and push things back (which would keep Lorna in X-Factor longer). That doesnt even make sense bc the X-men reveal will happen at the Gala and X-Factor will be a part of that crossover in June
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-22-2021 at 09:15 AM.

I think you are overthinking things. Leah wasnt caught off guard with Polaris leaving and even if she was, Marvel would just have Lorna appear in two titles until the switch happened, not delay and push things back (which would keep Lorna in X-Factor longer). That doesnt even make sense bc the X-men reveal will happen at the Gala and X-Factor will be a part of that crossover in June
    How am I overthinking things, I said basically the same thing you said

How am I overthinking things, I said basically the same thing you said
    I quoted the wrong post

If I were in Williams' position (or the position of any writer with a character put up for the vote), I would have come up with a creative plan where the nominated character either isn't part of the following issues, or has a very minimal role that could easily be removed or covered by other characters if the nominated character won. I'm assuming Williams did this after nominating Lorna. As Havok83 said, Williams knew this could be the outcome in advance.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If I were in Williams' position (or the position of any writer with a character put up for the vote), I would have come up with a creative plan where the nominated character either isn't part of the following issues, or has a very minimal role that could easily be removed or covered by other characters if the nominated character won. I'm assuming Williams did this after nominating Lorna. As Havok83 said, Williams knew this could be the outcome in advance.
    Yeah that makes sense and is exactly what I would do as well. Also it's not like there hasn't ever been a time that a character was in multiple books. I guess I was just being pessimistic. Considering I like Rachel and X-Factor has been the only thing in this new X-Men era that I have liked.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah that makes sense and is exactly what I would do as well. Also it's not like there hasn't ever been a time that a character was in multiple books. I guess I was just being pessimistic. Considering I like Rachel and X-Factor has been the only thing in this new X-Men era that I have liked.
    Also note that X-Factor #10 drops on June 30th, which is the last day of June. Given it's content is directly tied to the Hellfire event in June, I didn't expect to see #11 come out in July. It's likely going to come out in August. And as others said, it's highly unlikely Leah is taking time to repivot with Lorna also being in X-Men as she was likely aware from the beginning of the series discussion she might share the character. I get the fear that Rachel would be homeless but Leah had already she had plans beyond the first 12 issues.

Incredible Member

I assume as that bishop user posted, X-Factor won't make it past 12 issues. However, I could see it being relaunched like a month after being cancelled.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I assume as that bishop user posted, X-Factor won't make it past 12 issues. However, I could see it being relaunched like a month after being cancelled.
    I read that post and was concerned. This title is perfect for Rachel, I dont want it to end until Rachel gets at least 1 POV story. Not seeing Rachel on any of the upcoming covers is also disappointing. But, I'll be patient, it's not like I've been waiting 20 years for some decent character development...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    You mean where Vishop said that Leah mentioned it on her Twitter? I follow Leah and she hasn't said anything like that sooooo......

So...anyone else hoping Rachel and Kitty..i mean Kate...finally hook up at the Gala?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089