Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Rachel needs to forget the Phoenix and move on with her life without it. She should get a new codename not born of her Mother nor of the PF, but something unique to her. Also a good costume.
    She has forgotten the Phoenix a long time ago. Plus she doesn’t need a codename.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean was Phoenix in the Morrison run and had absolutely no issues with controlling the Phoenix.
    Again...the very first time both women connected with and became the Phoenix, as written by Claremont.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Again...the very first time both women connected with and became the Phoenix, as written by Claremont.
    If we're truly discussing "the very first time" and considering no retcons, Jean didn't connect or bond with a "Phoenix Force," which was part of the retcon; she simply "achieved her full potential as a psi, becoming, briefly, an entity of pure thought before finally reforming as Phoenix."

In fact, her transformation into Phoenix, as implied above and below, could have been considered a dilution of her full potential.

She has forgotten the Phoenix a long time ago. Plus she doesn’t need a codename.
    Then her fans have not. I was replying to what others had stated about the PF going back to Rachel and/or using a codename that implied she currently has the PF.

And I think Rachel does need a codename.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Then her fans have not. I was replying to what others had stated about the PF going back to Rachel and/or using a codename that implied she currently has the PF.

And I think Rachel does need a codename.
    1) I don't think that Rachel has forgotten her connection to the Phoenix, but she doesn't dwell on it at this point either. And I would say that her fans also feel the same, that she's part of the pantheon of successful hosts to the Phoenix and given nearly half of her comics time has been a host it's not something one forgets.

2) No one implied she has the Phoenix Force in this discussion. We're simply sharing code names that have been unique to Rachel that have not been used or hand-me-downs from Jean or otherwise to move away from "Prestige". Starchilde is one of those, as well as Askani and Revenant. While she was called that name while host to the Phoenix Force, it also would apply now seeing as she has been made a legitimate child of the stars, aka a child of the Phoenix. I don't think many of us are advocating that she (nor Jean) become Phoenix again given the hatchet job that Marvel has done to it's concept either so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

No one implied she has the Phoenix Force in this discussion. We're simply sharing code names that have been unique to Rachel that have not been used or hand-me-downs from Jean or otherwise to move away from "Prestige". Starchilde is one of those, as well as Askani and Revenant. While she was called that name while host to the Phoenix Force, it also would apply now seeing as she has been made a legitimate child of the stars, aka a child of the Phoenix. I don't think many of us are advocating that she (nor Jean) become Phoenix again given the hatchet job that Marvel has done to it's concept either so yeah.
    At this point in time, to me, "Starchilde" is not a good fit, and again, it harkens back to the past. However, I do like Askani and Revenant very much for Rachel! Agree, Marvel is not doing right with the Phoenix now.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If we're truly discussing "the very first time" and considering no retcons, Jean didn't connect or bond with a "Phoenix Force," which was part of the retcon; she simply "achieved her full potential as a psi, becoming, briefly, an entity of pure thought before finally reforming as Phoenix."

In fact, her transformation into Phoenix, as implied above and below, could have been considered a dilution of her full potential.

And she had no problems controlling the Phoenix until the Mastermind and the Hellfire Club turned her into the Black Queen!

BANNED

At this point in time, to me, "Starchilde" is not a good fit, and again, it harkens back to the past. However, I do like Askani and Revenant very much for Rachel! Agree, Marvel is not doing right with the Phoenix now.
    Askani and Revenant are both uniquely hers.

BANNED

And she had no problems controlling the Phoenix until the Mastermind and the Hellfire Club turned her into the Black Queen!
    True that... But, only true Jean Gray fans remember that. I personally love her detractors who flip-flop between saying it wasn't Jean and it was Jean completely absolving Wyngarde and Frost of any wrongdoing.

That's why I can't be too tied up with the canon surrounding Jean and the PF at the time. It's just all one huge cesspit of lore. And made even worse now by Aaron. And why you have to have a healthy Suspension of Disbelief and a willingness to just ignore what doesn't work for you.

Being a "true fan" of Rachel or Jean or Storm or Scott or any character for that matter doesn't mean I just accept any and everything that's said by writers and other fans. Or I have to agree with other opinions.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-14-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And yet...

I was opining on the exact moments both women connected with and became Phoenix...only those singular moments in and of themselves...
    Seems to me like someone is moving goalposts...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

At this point, for the sake of the poor Phoenix Force, it should be given back to Rachel as caretaker. Aaron has run the poor thing into the ground. At least the X-Men took care of the poor old bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    And yet...

Seems to me like someone is moving goalposts...

I don't play sports. So no. You all just clearly misinterpreted my post...and, as per usual, infer things I never said....that's okies though, I really couldn't care any less at this point. So no need to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    At this point, for the sake of the poor Phoenix Force, it should be given back to Rachel as caretaker. Aaron has run the poor thing into the ground. At least the X-Men took care of the poor old bird.
    At this point, I don't even want it anywhere near Rachel. Jean don't need it. Rachel don't need it.
    Plus...I'm sure that parrot is riddled with some kind of cosmic std.

I don't play sports. So no. You all just clearly misinterpreted my post...and, as per usual, infer things I never said....that's okies though, I really couldn't care any less at this point. So no need to respond.