Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    X-men the End Vol.3 issue 6 President kitty Pryde has 3 children and on an episode of Jay & miles x-plain the x-men with Chris Claremont. Claremont explains that the other parent is Rachel summers.

I cried when I found this out. It’s a beautiful & profound thing Claremont wrote
    'Ya gotta love it when an interview (a podcast at that) with Chris Claremont instantly becomes canon despite it never making the pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    The ending of The End wasn't clear to me... is Rachel dead or alive? Is she just part of a cosmic construct and will never see Kitty or her kids again? That's sad. I was happy to see a version of Rachel that was very skilled though, although she seemed conflicted throughout the series.

IIRC, Rachel (Grey) Summers wasn't mentioned once during the entire X-Men: The End Vol. #3 (2006) event.

It can be rationalized for sure and it's a feel good story that makes Rachel's struggle less sad, but is it necessary or impactful? Days of Future Past is such a classic, Rachel is set up at the end of as the sole survivor, it's her job to save the future because there is no one else who can. Every time a writer manipulates the events of this narrative for their own whims, character's like Rachel become less and less believable.
    Truer words are seldom spoken.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-25-2021 at 12:43 PM.