Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I effin' hate that bird, and much like Jean...so over it.
    It's served its purpose with Jean back in DPS. And then again in Morrison's run. And
    Rachel was the one bright spot in the Phoenix story...until it wasn't.
    I firmly believe that Rachel and Jean are much better off without it. I would just love to see both Jean and Rachel develop their power and strength and reach their full potential, without the Phoenix. That's the story I want to read.

Not that I'll begrudge HiX-Man his chance to do something better with it, if he feels so inclined but...I personally feel they don't need it. Other X-characters have grown and developed without a "power boost". Why should Rachel and Jean be any different?
    I firstly would love to read a story where Rachel and Jean work together and both shine. I do agree, I don't think any of them need another power boost, given that they are barely treated like the atomic bombs/omegas they are. And yes, I called Rachel an omega. If she can create black holes by her own shear will she's an omega. Eff Exodus and his Apocalypse-enhanced powers.

AIPT: Well, speaking of telepathy, X-Fan Billy-Vell had a question about the often-complicated relationship between Jean and Rachel. It seems like we only see either Jean and Scott with Nathan or Scott with his two kids, but not any form of Jean and Rachel. Where do you think their relationship stands, and what should it be?

Jordan: I think they have a good relationship. I mean, I think you’re right. The last time we really actively saw them, like hanging out together, would have been back during X-Men Red. So that’s been a while. They do live together and I think they do have those family interactions. It’s just that the context we’ve seen Rachel in most often in this time has not been as the lead until she joined X-Factor, which again, doesn’t have any of the other Summers in it. So I think it’s just that’s where we’ve seen them. It’s not actually like a statement on them not getting along or anything.They’re not avoiding each other, but again, their relationship is a relationship that doesn’t exist in reality–anywhere for us to point to. The closest thing you could probably find to it in the world is, you know, like if you’re in college and you become friends with a person who’s like 30 years old and you’re like, oh, they have like sort of a motherly quality in our relationship. Jean doesn’t have any memory of her as a child. She met her as a fully grown person and Rachel knew her as a younger version of her mother, but Jean did not know Rachel. So I think that she likes her and probably even loves her and accepts her as her child.But also, it’s a weird situation. For Jean, it’s more like a “the daughter I never had” kind of situation rather than her actual “I raised this girl” daughter, because she didn’t raise her. But they are still close and they do still think of each other as family. You know, when Scott went dark for a while, Rachel reacted kind of negatively toward that and changed her name to Grey because she felt more close to her mother.

Although, that was when he started dating Emma, wasn’t it? That’s not when he went dark.

That's almost verbatim the question I asked too lol.

And yes, you're right. Rachel adopted the Grey moniker out of respect and homage to Jean who had just died, as well as to stick it to Scott who was dating Emma. Scott's dark phase was already over. There is a lot of nonsense in that answer from White that doesn't make sense too. It reads like he doesn't know how to answer it so it's word vomit.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-08-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Definitely word vomit. A
    All he had to say was:
    "They care and possibly even love each other due to the history they've shared in this 616 universe. We don't see them interacting much because of the books in which they are separately featured and when HiX-Man writes either of them, that mother/daughter bond is usually not in the context of the story. But yes...they are close, all things considered."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

To me, I never get anything out of these "interviews". I mean, some droll on endlessly, they never tell anything new ("they cannot"), only state what has already happened, tell us what we already know and then act like they are did us a favor!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

JDW's interviews are usually the least enlightening. For an XMM that was supposed to be about Scott and Jean there wasn't much of note and interest about Scott and Jean. Which may have to do with the questions sent in, and the questions chosen by the interviewer and how they were answered.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I show u a image from Excalibur #18 art.

Excalibur18-Butterfly.jpg

Fantastic Member

I love how she is beginning to kind of just appear in other in other books. Shows her connections to the wider community and the respect they have for her. I'm still not sold on the X-Factor uniform for her though. The casual wear she wore in Cable was so much better. Also I thought that was a great interaction between brother and sister. The Jean stuff to at the end while nice, still felt a little odd to me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I love how she is beginning to kind of just appear in other in other books. Shows her connections to the wider community and the respect they have for her. I'm still not sold on the X-Factor uniform for her though. The casual wear she wore in Cable was so much better. Also I thought that was a great interaction between brother and sister. The Jean stuff to at the end while nice, still felt a little odd to me.
    IÂ’m glad she is being featured as a well rounded character. IÂ’m glad she is able to be more than a brainwashed hound that always outsmarted by low level telepaths below her caliber. I love her relationship with Cyclops and Cable. IÂ’m glad she is coming to terms with her sexuality and how her talents are finally properly utilized. All I ask is bring the back the spikes and face tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    IÂ’m glad she is being featured as a well rounded character. IÂ’m glad she is able to be more than a brainwashed hound that always outsmarted by low level telepaths below her caliber. I love her relationship with Cyclops and Cable. IÂ’m glad she is coming to terms with her sexuality and how her talents are finally properly utilized. All I ask is bring the back the spikes and face tattoos.
    Naaah leave the houndscars in the trashcan of comic history, given the option, who would ever wear on his face the mark of his abuser ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Naaah leave the houndscars in the trashcan of comic history, given the option, who would ever wear on his face the mark of his abuser ?
    True 'nuff!

Besides, not every writer has to continue everything from the previous one/s. They are free to continue the characterization and more onward. With something like the facial scars, I like when they explain why they are no longer visible and then that solves the issue. Move onward with a new positive version of Rachel for 2021!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Please elaborate... Exactly, what do you mean by this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True 'nuff!

Besides, not every writer has to continue everything from the previous one/s. They are free to continue the characterization and more onward. With something like the facial scars, I like when they explain why they are no longer visible and then that solves the issue. Move onward with a new positive version of Rachel for 2021!
    Exactatiously!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True 'nuff!

100%. I actually don't mind Leah having them appear as a power signature for when she's using her tp. I'm just over the inconsistent way they are depicted in concurrent books. In X-Men they are drawn like Bachalo designed them for WatX (three-four big marks) whereas in X-Factor Baldeon makes them look like her houndmarks should be which are multiple thin lines all over her face. Choose one peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please elaborate... Exactly, what do you mean by this statement?
    I think they are referring to Lorna's snide comment to Rachel about being quick with all the girls (which is a hint that she's also interested in women). As Rachel has been hinted at being into women, at least Kitty in some realities, by other writers. The comment about talents I think is more about how Leah is incorporating her chronal abilities into her powers, which most writers have steered far away from. Not so much Rachel properly using them, but the writer is actually using them.

Fantastic Member

The current costume is just meh. It just screams "supporting character." Which she is right now, unfortunately.