Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So we're seeing what happened before the end of last issue. Also why is Eye-Boy so creeped out yet won't tell Rachel. I assume she can't sense the Morrigan as it's a magical entity.

Could also be a self-confidence thing. It took him a while to work up the nerve to reveal Lorna's deception to the senior team members last issue.

That's a great little article thank you for sharing.

Also I watched the series finale of WandaVision and I thought SPOILERS AHEAD

spoilers:
    So aside from the ending credit scene giving me all the X-2 vibes when Jean is narrating from under Alkalide Lake, the battle with Wanda and Agatha VERY much reminded me of Necrom vs Rachel in Excalibur 50. Especially when Rachel was a dried up husk after Necrom absorbing all of the PF from her. Clearly different in many things but just that moment reminded me so much of that scene it made the episode even more delightful.
    end of spoilers

Jason Aaron the disaster that keeps on giving The Phoenix imo is Rachel's legacy....

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Jason Aaron the disaster that keeps on giving The Phoenix imo is Rachel's legacy....
    Rachel’s got a brother!!!

she does Cable and Nate Grey etc
    Last edited by cam18; 03-05-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That's a great little article thank you for sharing.

Also I watched the series finale of WandaVision and I thought SPOILERS AHEAD

spoilers:
    So aside from the ending credit scene giving me all the X-2 vibes when Jean is narrating from under Alkalide Lake, the battle with Wanda and Agatha VERY much reminded me of Necrom vs Rachel in Excalibur 50. Especially when Rachel was a dried up husk after Necrom absorbing all of the PF from her. Clearly different in many things but just that moment reminded me so much of that scene it made the episode even more delightful.
    end of spoilers
    Agatha was also very reminiscent of Selene.

Fantastic Member

the article forgot to mention that Rachel beat Thor in another Jason Aaron story

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't get why people keep saying the Phoenix Force being allegedly Thor's real mother would make him related to Rachel. Disregarding Claremont's original plan for Rachel, in canon she's the daughter of an alternate-reality Scott Summers and Jean Grey, while Thor is the son of Odin and a cavewoman who at the time was possessed by the Phoenix Force, who then went on to also possess Jean Grey. I don't see how that makes Thor and Ray related though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't get why people keep saying the Phoenix Force being allegedly Thor's real mother would make him related to Rachel. Disregarding Claremont's original plan for Rachel, in canon she's the daughter of an alternate-reality Scott Summers and Jean Grey, while Thor is the son of Odin and a cavewoman who at the time was possessed by the Phoenix Force, who then went on to also possess Jean Grey. I don't see how that makes Thor and Ray related though.
    I may be wrong here but I think it has to do with the Phoenix essentially reconstructing Rachel's body and pretty much giving birth to Rachel. Can't remember the issues of Excalibur I think it was then. I think it best to just ignore all the Phoenix stuff now because as another article that was linked to in that newer one makes clear Marvel has decided to just ignore Rachel's connection to the Phoenix. Partly because her connection and history makes their narrative around it completely false. The uncontrollable force of nature that was in fact controlled and put to good use for years by a character they prefer to not give any attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I may be wrong here but I think it has to do with the Phoenix essentially reconstructing Rachel's body and pretty much giving birth to Rachel. Can't remember the issues of Excalibur I think it was then. I think it best to just ignore all the Phoenix stuff now because as another article that was linked to in that newer one makes clear Marvel has decided to just ignore Rachel's connection to the Phoenix. Partly because her connection and history makes their narrative around it completely false. The uncontrollable force of nature that was in fact controlled and put to good use for years by a character they prefer to not give any attention to.
    No its because of the hints that Claremont has peppered throughout the books over the years. Given a strong push from the new story in the X-Men omnibus, Claremont again says that Rachel is the child of Jean and the Phoenix. First time he made this hint was during Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 when Cyclops couldn't track Rachel, but Sue Storm could track both versions of Franklin.

Fantastic Member

No its because of the hints that Claremont has peppered throughout the books over the years. Given a strong push from the new story in the X-Men omnibus, Claremont again says that Rachel is the child of Jean and the Phoenix. First time he made this hint was during Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 when Cyclops couldn't track Rachel, but Sue Storm could track both versions of Franklin.
    See, wrong lol. X-Men omnibus? I must have missed that. I remember that part during the annual. Didn't think that was what it was alluding to.

87466A1B-5EA0-49BD-9D32-D8CE7156F513.jpg

Here you go.

How many times has Rachel been reborn in the 616