Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

I really love the hound marks effect as Rachel's unique telepathic mark, I hope from now on it is a characteristic sign of her powers.

E0u2qGYXoAYW8n9.jpg

https://www.gamesradar.com/a-dark-si...tor-9-preview/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    I really love the hound marks effect as Rachel's unique telepathic mark, I hope from now on it is a characteristic sign of her powers.

E0u2qGYXoAYW8n9.jpg

I love the hound marks too but I have to ask why doe sit look like she is in her internment camp clothes there? Or am I wrong and should see it on a larger screen?

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post

E0u2qGYXoAYW8n9.jpg

Scott402 - I noticed that too. She had it on last issue. I thought it was a romper at first.

Agreed. The hound marks are distinctive as is her chronoskimming ability, which has evolved from sending a consciousness to another time/universe to retrocognition. Now all we need is her claiming the Askani name.

Question, was the psychic and physical discipline that makes Cable so deadly beyond his mutant powers part of his own made-up training? Or was it learned from Blaquesmith? Or does it all originate from Rachel? I know Rachel taught other non-psychics to develop tp/tk... did she also become a bad-ass fighter = Askani training that Hope, Sunspot and others benefit from?
    Last edited by Subliminal; 05-07-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I love the hound marks too but I have to ask why doe sit look like she is in her internment camp clothes there? Or am I wrong and should see it on a larger screen?
    No it definitely has that vibe. They aren't those clothes exactly but they are close enough to evoke reader reaction. I feel like it goes along the lines that Leah is throwing down that Rachel is no longer giving any fucks and owning all aspects of her past.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Scott402 - I noticed that too. She had it on last issue. I thought it was a romper at first.

Agreed. The hound marks are distinctive as is her chronoskimming ability, which has evolved from sending a consciousness to another time/universe to retrocognition. Now all we need is her claiming the Askani name.

Question, was the psychic and physical discipline that makes Cable so deadly beyond his mutant powers part of his own made-up training? Or was it learned from Blaquesmith? [/Or does it all originate from Rachel? I know Rachel taught other non-psychics to develop tp/tk... did she also become a bad-ass fighter = Askani training that Hope, Sunspot and others benefit from?
    It all comes from Rachel. Blaquesmith had underdeveloped to and tk that Rachel trained him on. She developed the Askani training and fighting techniques. She had a hand in having her desciples use psimitars as part of their fighting and training. While other psychics also assisted, Rachel was the driving factor.
    Like, I wish when she met her Mother Askani self she absorbed her memories and skillset.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love that the hound marks are glowing. They look even more distinctive and uniquely Rachel's and they should consider keeping that effect.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The glowing hound-marks are fine. But for the sake of nostalgia, my choice will always be the '80s version:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The glowing hound-marks are fine. But for the sake of nostalgia, my choice will always be the '80s version:

Very cool Rachel images, K7P5V!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Very cool Rachel images, K7P5V!
    Thanks, Phoenixx9. Curious about your thoughts on Rachel's new hound-marks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Phoenixx9. Curious about your thoughts on Rachel's new hound-marks, though.
    I like them. The originals were good for back then but that is a different time. For the new look, I like that they just did not copy them, but came up with a new look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't like the glowing hound marks all the time but they're cool as an effect of her power...I like when powers don't all have generic signatures, like when Betsy had her butterfly effect back in the 80s or the blocky halo thing they used to do with Karma's mind-control.

I like the JRjr stuff with her as the One True Phoenix...her power's so great, her costume and face is just bleeding into power effects
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

So X-Factor has been canceled... It hurts to know that they are canceling such a good book while letting Excalibur continue
    I hope Rachel will find a new home soon

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So X-Factor has been canceled... It hurts to know that they are canceling such a good book while letting Excalibur continue
    Thanks for confirming 2021 is worse than 2020. **ugly crying**

Rachel had great cameos in Excalibur, I wouldn't mind her being in that book.
    Last edited by Subliminal; 05-10-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Is that confirmed? It wasn’t as bad as people made it seem to be. It would have helped if it had time to build on its own before getting involved in crossovers. I really like the portrayal of Rachel and it was definitely a step forward in her characterization. I hate Excalibur as well.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Is that confirmed? It wasn’t as bad as people made it seem to be. It would have helped if it had time to build on its own before getting involved in crossovers. I really like the portrayal of Rachel and it was definitely a step forward in her characterization. I hate Excalibur as well.
    Yeah the solicit for the Trial of Magneto states that the story starts in X-Factor #10 which is the last issue in the series. While Rachel and co will be involved in the ToM, beyond that mini we don't know what to expect other than limbo perhaps.