Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    When's the last time Rachel interacted with Amara?

They were both in the cast of the last arc of X-TREME X-MEN "Prisoner of Fire" but I think the most personal interaction they had was with "unheard" dialogue from the Epilogue in issue #46.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    They were both in the cast of the last arc of X-TREME X-MEN "Prisoner of Fire" but I think the most personal interaction they had was with "unheard" dialogue from the Epilogue in issue #46.
    Thank you.

Y'know this artist wasn't half bad in the beginning, but later it just got... odd. Never read the whole series.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-30-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

When's the last time Rachel interacted with Amara?

I'm pretty sure it was during the final run of X-Treme X-Men, as Rachel was the surprise telepath Bogan was controlling, who was also controlling Amara. I don't remember if there was something more recent.

I'd never seen this 2017 David Lopez rendition of the scalloped coat look for Rachel. I like the simplification of the lower half and the upper half being more clearly a phoenix.

Process of the art creation in this video starting at the 19:30 point to about 26:00. They refer to her as Phoenix/Wonder Girl but I suppose that's a common Spanish to English translation (Muchacha Maravilla/Chica Maravilla etc)

I'd never seen this 2017 David Lopez rendition of the scalloped coat look for Rachel. I like the simplification of the lower half and the upper half being more clearly a phoenix.

Process of the art creation in this video starting at the 19:30 point to about 26:00. They refer to her as Phoenix/Wonder Girl but I suppose that's a common Spanish to English translation (Muchacha Maravilla/Chica Maravilla etc)

Muchas gracias por el video!! I dont have to use traslate for watching it, so great xD

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Thank you.

Y'know this artist wasn't half bad in the beginning, but later it just got... odd. Never read the whole series.
    His art reminds me of Kordey maybe it's the same guy, but my god does his art blur the line between ugly and uncanny valley likeness.

Like this the nightmares alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was during the final run of X-Treme X-Men, as Rachel was the surprise telepath Bogan was controlling, who was also controlling Amara. I don't remember if there was something more recent.

It will never NOT amuse me, that Claremont not only consistently loves using the mind controlling narrative, but I will never understand why the victims of mind control are powerful psychics. Yet nearly ever other character of his has an indomitable will LOL.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-01-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    His art reminds me of Kordey maybe it's the same guy, but my god does his art blur the line between ugly and uncanny valley likeness.
    Tis indeed Kordey and he does straddle that line among many others with his art. I think a lot of if it is how rushed he is and our sensibilities/expectations. That panel of Emma conveys the creepy sexual predation vibe that's called for, but she's not "pretty" in it.
    But back to Rachel. Her first full page during that particular "return" in X-Treme. The detail of the main image is great (he drew believable feet!) but those floating heads? Ehhhhhhh.

I'm still pissed at how they chopped off all of Rachel's luscious hair and made her look almost exactly like she did when she came to 616. So awful.

Meanwhile, some recent developments in regards to the Phoenix Force means that Rachel has a new half-brother (if we're using Claremont's idea of an immaculate concept of Jean and the PF giving birth to Rachel). Thank god this shitshorm is not affecting Rachel or Jean.

I'm still pissed at how they chopped off all of Rachel's luscious hair and made her look almost exactly like she did when she came to 616. So awful.

Meanwhile, some recent developments in regards to the Phoenix Force means that Rachel has a new half-brother (if we're using Claremont's idea of an immaculate concept of Jean and the PF giving birth to Rachel). Thank god this shitshorm is not affecting Rachel or Jean.
    Yes, I also thought that with Rachel's hair. I wonder if they are going back to some plot?

I agree, at least Jean and Rachel are unscathed from it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I also thought that with Rachel's hair. I wonder if they are going back to some plot?

I agree, at least Jean and Rachel are unscathed from it.
    I think Claremont (after having made Rachel be the controlled telepath) was re-introducing her they way he introduced her initially? We know Psylocke was supposed to be the telepath, but after editorial squashed that he had to find someone and after Weinberg left Cable Rachel was free finally for him to *use.

This whole Thor revelation would be fascinating if he and Rachel are half-siblings. Only for shits and giggles.

*see also: demote, denigrate, degrade

I think Claremont (after having made Rachel be the controlled telepath) was re-introducing her they way he introduced her initially? We know Psylocke was supposed to be the telepath, but after editorial squashed that he had to find someone and after Weinberg left Cable Rachel was free finally for him to *use.

This whole Thor revelation would be fascinating if he and Rachel are half-siblings. Only for shits and giggles.

*see also: demote, denigrate, degrade
    True, and we do not even know much of Elias Bogan. If he was so super powerful, where has he been, what has he been up to? I do not think I even saw him, just mention of him.

I do not want Thor and Rachel to be siblings. I mean, what powers did Thor even get from the PF? While I still would not like it, it would make more sense for Red Norvell Thor to be the son of PF.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True, and we do not even know much of Elias Bogan. If he was so super powerful, where has he been, what has he been up to? I do not think I even saw him, just mention of him.

I do not want Thor and Rachel to be siblings. I mean, what powers did Thor even get from the PF? While I still would not like it, it would make more sense for Red Norvell Thor to be the son of PF.
    I *THINK* he was supposed to be another form of the Shadow King, but he was never brought up again and has no backstory. So he was an "extremely powerful and dangerous mutant psychic" that appeared for a long run that is gone into the ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Like this the nightmares alone:

It will never NOT amuse me, that Claremont not only consistently loves using the mind controlling narrative, but I will never understand why the victims of mind control are powerful psychics. Yet nearly ever other character of his has an indomitable will LOL.
    Not to defend Kordey, but he was pencilling entire books in 2 weeks or even less. Hardly it would look good

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Is it now canon that Rachel is from Jean and Phoenix (first I'm hearing of this) and not Jean and Scott? Considering Claremont is the one who pushed the whole "Scott is my dad but I can't tell him I'm his daughter with Jean from another timeline" plot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not to defend Kordey, but he was pencilling entire books in 2 weeks or even less. Hardly it would look good
    thats his fault. Put out a rushed product and its gonna get criticized for being ugly. Im not sure this is an excuse though as his art just isnt aesthetically pleasing IMO.