Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Is it now canon that Rachel is from Jean and Phoenix (first I'm hearing of this) and not Jean and Scott? Considering Claremont is the one who pushed the whole "Scott is my dad but I can't tell him I'm his daughter with Jean from another timeline" plot.
    No, I do not think this was ever canon per se. At least, I have not heard that it has changed. As far as I know, Jean and Scott of E-811 are Rachel's parents together.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Is it now canon that Rachel is from Jean and Phoenix (first I'm hearing of this) and not Jean and Scott? Considering Claremont is the one who pushed the whole "Scott is my dad but I can't tell him I'm his daughter with Jean from another timeline" plot.
    It's not canon, but Claremont has said previously that his plot for Rachel that never made it to the pages was that she was the true heir to the Phoenix as she was the product of Jean and the Phoenix Force in her universe. It was hinted at during the Days of Future Present when Hound Scott was asked to locate her by Ahab and could not, but Hound Sue Storm could find both versions of her son. On this forum for a while people used this as fodder to say that she was Wolverine's daughter in a way to smear Jean as having an affair with Logan in that universe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh. Whew! Thanks guys for the clarification. Rachel dodged the bullet with that one.

Some of Claremont's ideas should never ever be repeated...not even amongst ourselves, in hushed secrecy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Oh. Whew! Thanks guys for the clarification. Rachel dodged the bullet with that one.

Some of Claremont's ideas should never ever be repeated...not even amongst ourselves, in hushed secrecy.
    Ahahahaha, yes. Anyone who mentions "that which shall not be mentioned" gets their lips sewn shut!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

More hints that Leah is writing Rachel is a lesbian or least bi, when she laughed as Lorna’s comment in today’s issue.

At this point there’s no point of subtext and should just have Rachel comment on it or go for female love interest.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-03-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Yes! Rachel is finally dead, this means she gets a new body, she’s free now, no more hound scars or hound tampering right?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yes! Rachel is finally dead, this means she gets a new body, she’s free now, no more hound scars or hound tampering right?
    I wouldnt be so quick to assume she's actually dead. I dont think this would mean she wouldnt have any scars either bc those have come and gone multiple times. Future artists will still draw it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt be so quick to assume she's actually dead. I dont think this would mean she wouldnt have any scars either bc those have come and gone multiple times. Future artists will still draw it
    I know, but a boy can dream
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Would love it, but.....

I mean technically she probably shouldn't even that the sample that Sinister got from Rachel was when she was fully healed from Ahab and Mojo, but Leah likes the visual for telepathy which I think looks cool. But you are likely right that either she isn't really dead OR they will keep them even after she's resurrected.

I know, but a boy can dream
    Samesies.

But on the good side it is nice to know that since Rachel is dead that she will be resurrected so the protocols apply to some AU mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Would love it, but.....

I mean technically she probably shouldn't even that the sample that Sinister got from Rachel was when she was fully healed from Ahab and Mojo, but Leah likes the visual for telepathy which I think looks cool. But you are likely right that either she isn't really dead OR they will keep them even after she's resurrected.

Samesies.

But on the good side it is nice to know that since Rachel is dead that she will be resurrected so the protocols apply to some AU mutants.
    If anyone has earned that privilege it would be Rachel, definitely something positive to look forward!

Fantastic Member

I know I have said it before during this whole Avengers Phoenix thing and I really should just stop reading them but man I am frustrated with how the history of the Phoenix is being retconned. Also yesterdays X-Factor for us wasn't that great either

Amazing Member

Wasn't Nightcrawler going to propose after a night of...canoodling...in that god-awful X-Men Gold run? Now, I know mentioning this run will lead to some hate, which is understandable, but what happened to that relationship? They had been flirting for years and she was even jealous when Nightcrawler flirted with Storm some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    Wasn't Nightcrawler going to propose after a night of...canoodling...in that god-awful X-Men Gold run? Now, I know mentioning this run will lead to some hate, which is understandable, but what happened to that relationship? They had been flirting for years and she was even jealous when Nightcrawler flirted with Storm some years back.
    she dumped him. She didnt love him like that and couldnt trust what she did feel in the relationship bc she was being mind influenced by Mesmero the entire time. It made sense and was for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    More hints that Leah is writing Rachel is a lesbian or least bi, when she laughed as Lorna’s comment in today’s issue.

At this point there’s no point of subtext and should just have Rachel comment on it or go for female love interest.
    I am quite tired of the sexual subject on Rachel, it seems that she has to be a lesbian yes or yes, if they ask me I would say no, but I am quite tired on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    So it's been interesting. I wouldn't say they had been flirting for years necessarily. There was that moment in Uncanny where they were training together and a moment of mutual attraction that went no where. It seems under Claremont Kurt always is most attractive when he's sparring with a female friend (see Meggan, Rachel, Storm, etc). Outside of that moment there was nothing as she had Red Lotus, then Korvus. Nothing was official until Gold where they went on dates (which kinda felt like it came out of no where). Then they were in love with extremely limited on panel interactions together. And then the proposal. Personally I always felt the Kurt-Rachel pairing was odd as Kurt was an uncle to her, in addition to her killing him in her timeline. So this move to being his lover felt off, plus they have never seemingly reconciled after the fact. Or had any conversation after Gold. Like he didn't even go to comfort her in Extermination as she's craddling her dead brother (I mean no one did).

she dumped him. She didnt love him like that and couldnt trust what she did feel in the relationship bc she was being mind influenced by Mesmero the entire time. It made sense and was for the best
    All of that. She couldn't trust her feelings were genuine based on the meddling of Mesmero, Cassie, and the growing influence of Ahab as he re-entered their present. Makes some sense, but I think Guggs really did Kurt and Rachel a disservice the way he handled it in the book(Rachel in general).