Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True 'nuff!

Besides, not every writer has to continue everything from the previous one/s. They are free to continue the characterization and more onward. With something like the facial scars, I like when they explain why they are no longer visible and then that solves the issue. Move onward with a new positive version of Rachel for 2021!
    With her advanced tk she easily could have removed them. Plus she died in space and the Phoenix recreated her body. That should have been the end of the scars.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    With her advanced tk she easily could have removed them. Plus she died in space and the Phoenix recreated her body. That should have been the end of the scars.
    Ah, right......I was saying just that, lol. There are ways to resolve the issue of the tattoos---that another poster was stating they want to see them----I do not. They are "gone" and are in the past.

The issues involving Rachel should now go beyond her past issues and forge some new good things for her!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Ah, right......I was saying just that, lol. There are ways to resolve the issue of the tattoos---that another poster was stating they want to see them----I do not. They are "gone" and are in the past.

The issues involving Rachel should now go beyond her past issues and forge some new good things for her!
    I agree I don't want to see the hound marks any more but I do like seeing them when she uses her power like Betsy does with the butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I agree I don't want to see the hound marks any more but I do like seeing them when she uses her power like Betsy does with the butterfly.
    Yes, that can be cool look and be Rachel's "signature".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

I'm surprised no one's commenting that Rachel was not able to identify "fake" Betsy in the latest Excalibur issue.

Yhea, that’s as much as I can stand as well. Rachel tk was able to turn her into a dinosaur hybrid, subconsciously modifying her body down to the genetic make up.....— the hound scars are a non issue with her level of power.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

To be fair, Rachel didn`t look deep as she was trying to respect "Betsy's" privacy. It's not like she couldn't, more like it wasn't morally correct.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    To be fair, Rachel didn`t look deep as she was trying to respect "Betsy's" privacy. It's not like she couldn't, more like it wasn't morally correct.
    That's how I am going to take it as well. She was being really respectful of Betsy.

Yes please! I think can be a good characterization for Rachel's powers and make a difference from other telepaths, also, I think it's not that difficult!

Fantastic Member

Jean had a good moment today in King in Black, I always enjoy that. I've been going through X-Men Gold. On my first reading through the run I actually didn't mind how Rachel was portrayed. Despite teh infamous moment with Jean and the Mesmerio stuff. The more I read it though the more I find it confusing with regards to Rachel. It goes out of the way to say she's had a massive power upgrade and then completely devalues her. Also when I was trying to catch up to the whole Symbiote thing for the whole epic right now I read teh whole Venionized run. I noticed it was at teh time the X-Men Gold team that was there but again no Rachel. Everyone else but her. Am I just looking for reasons that again Rachel is forgotten? or am I reading to much into it?

Rachel's power upgrade amounted to the X-men being shocked that she could now use her TP long distance

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel's power upgrade amounted to the X-men being shocked that she could now use her TP long distance

Yeah it was disappointing for sure. I prefer to think that they wanted to make her have a moment but it got lost in translation.

I feel like this would read better as a comedy piece, try to read Rogue & Ororo comments with a sarcastic tone.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Jean had a good moment today in King in Black, I always enjoy that. I've been going through X-Men Gold. On my first reading through the run I actually didn't mind how Rachel was portrayed. Despite teh infamous moment with Jean and the Mesmerio stuff. The more I read it though the more I find it confusing with regards to Rachel. It goes out of the way to say she's had a massive power upgrade and then completely devalues her. Also when I was trying to catch up to the whole Symbiote thing for the whole epic right now I read teh whole Venionized run. I noticed it was at teh time the X-Men Gold team that was there but again no Rachel. Everyone else but her. Am I just looking for reasons that again Rachel is forgotten? or am I reading to much into it?
    Overall Gold was a mess. Every issue, or other, you can find the following: Rachel passing out from using her powers; Ororo shooting lightning bolts and calling everyone "My friend" (also getting knocked out); Piotr pinning over Kitty and carrying Rachel's or Ororo's unconscious body; Kurt being impaled by something but not dying; and Kitty being just awful to her friends and making poor decisions. The ONLY character that was given ok treatment was OML. Rachel's power upgrade was laughable, almost as good as when Claremont Emma "taught" Rachel a skill that Claremont himself had written Rachel doing 20 years earlier. She jobbed to everyone in the book, and that "Dark Rachel Saga" - girl please that was just bad.

It's interesting you brought up Gold in the Venomized series as I forgot that Rachel was excluded. It was probably during the time she was "sleeping" in the med bay and Cecelia Reyes was wondering what Rachel's houndmarks were. But I am sure there is a reason as Cullen Bunn (the writer) is a huge Rachel fan and wouldn't have excluded her unless the editors said she couldn't appear.

She could use her telepathy outside of the same room, become the comic version of TAS Jean, and jobb to every villain so she could be mind controlled in every arc. And the best part this was STILL BETTER than what was done to her in Extermination and the majority of X-Force.

BANNED

Thanks for the reminder how bad Gold handled her. I mean what would have been next? Her opening a bottle with her TK to show how "powerful" she became?
    And that is not even getting into her getting mindcontroled again and again.