Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    See I'm ok with in a sense as she's choosing to wear this, and Leah ok'ed this particular lewk. For her this particular outfit is a reminder of some of the happier times she had as a member of Excalibur and a true feeling of friends and family. She's always been edgy and throwing her fashion sense at people even if they don't like it or it brings back fears or regrets (see her wearing the Dark Phoenix costume). I wonder if her wearing this look, which is a version of her most iconic one, is a nod to that she was an enslaved hound recently and most people at the gala did nothing to aid her. So it's a piece to remind people of that and how she's still processing things.
    I agree she by claiming this look has demonstrated she is stronger than her trauma experienced from her past. This is how a strong woman works!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree she by claiming this look has demonstrated she is stronger than her trauma experienced from her past. This is how a strong woman works!!!
    I actually agree with you. You don't wear something like that, something you were once ashamed of at a gala where the eyes of the world, maybe the universe will be on you. This is her standing up and owning the outfit. Which is funny because i didn't think that way until after Askani's post and thinking about it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I actually agree with you. You don't wear something like that, something you were once ashamed of at a gala where the eyes of the world, maybe the universe will be on you. This is her standing up and owning the outfit. Which is funny because i didn't think that way until after Askani's post and thinking about it.
    yup exactly. I think people can handle trauma differently there is no one right approach but I totally see her grabbing it by the leash and owning it as she has in her gala look.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes, as I stated on last page, this is Rachel empowering herself. She has conquered her past and has moved on. Now she is showing it to everyone.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was Leah and Dauterman. Leah told Russell she wanted Rachel in something that looked like her iconic Excalibur red-leather outfit and to incorporate Amazing Baby. This is the result.
    I meant whose idea it was to give Rachel Amazing Baby

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Y’know I initially wasn’t vibing with it, but if Rachel comes with the ENERGY to match then I’m here for it.

BANNED

No! Absolutely not...

And if she wants to drink? Or dance with someone?
    X-men designers have something in common with high-fashion designers: no sense of what is convenient clothing.

Or maybe it is a homage to Rob Liefeld…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    X-men designers have something in common with high-fashion designers: no sense of what is convenient clothing.

Considering Storm’s got a lethal cloud attached to her back I don’t think dancing is the goal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Considering Storm’s got a lethal cloud attached to her back I don’t think dancing is the goal here.
    A lethal cloud attached to her back?

Whatever, some… adornments in an attire can be quite bothersome. In reality.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I like the old school hound get up wish she went back to that

Fantastic Member

this would've worked better if it was used when Ahab kidnapped her in Extermination, and not on a party

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

She's clearly wearing that so only someone who was intangible could interact with her.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I meant whose idea it was to give Rachel Amazing Baby
    Oh I think Tini asked Leah as she was using Rachel before the start of X-Factor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't like it. It's one of those things that would be cool as a crazy variant cover, but I don't like it as a thing that Rachel's actually wearing to a party. It's a little TOO crazy, and I'm done with the damn Hound/spike things. The imagery of her having amazing-baby on a hair/spike leash is also not good... Idk.
    Well it's not really a party its a Gala like the Met so if the point is mutant fashion I like it. Except for the boob spikes.