Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well it's not really a party its a Gala like the Met so if the point is mutant fashion I like it. Except for the boob spikes.
    She has spikes all over too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

y'all got a problem with the boob spikes, but not the belly button spikes?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And if she wants to drink? Or dance with someone?
    X-men designers have something in common with high-fashion designers: no sense of what is convenient clothing.

Or maybe it is a homage to Rob Liefeld…
    She'll probably be shown in one panel wearing that monstrosity and that's about it.

And if she wants to drink? Or dance with someone?
    X-men designers have something in common with high-fashion designers: no sense of what is convenient clothing.

Or maybe it is a homage to Rob Liefeld…

Did you forget about her absolute control over unstable molecules and changing costumes in the blink of any eye? I’m sure this costume allows her to alter the molecules with her telekinesis when needed. I believe Alan Davis in the Excalibur run confirmed the only reason she’s able to dress up and wear the red kink costume is due to her telekinesis.

B786D19C-E56E-4412-9B7E-F6E29FC731FB.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    y'all got a problem with the boob spikes, but not the belly button spikes?
    Naw, I have no problem with them! They finish off the look.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Naw, I have no problem with them! They finish off the look.
    Don't worry, Phoenixx9, that wasn't directed towards you haha. And I agree with you, the more I look at this outfit, the more it grows on me. It's wonderfully weird.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    She has spikes all over too.
    Yeah she does. But I don't like the boob spikes

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah she does. But I don't like the boob spikes
    Well, they come in all shapes, lol. Rachel has spikes on hers. "Can't Touch That..." (Hears MC Hammer singing)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I for one LOVE it. It’s PUNK af and downright badass. She looks like a masochistic princess.
    Or... maybe she is a "sadist." I mean she does have the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Did you forget about her absolute control over unstable molecules and changing costumes in the blink of any eye? I’m sure this costume allows her to alter the molecules with her telekinesis when needed. I believe Alan Davis in the Excalibur run confirmed the only reason she’s able to dress up and wear the red kink costume is due to her telekinesis.

B786D19C-E56E-4412-9B7E-F6E29FC731FB.jpg
    I’m sure she’s only able to wear the “red kink costume” thanks to her powers: sometimes, she has to pee and the costume has no zip…
    But why wearing something that is impractical and striking instead of something practical… and still striking. If she has to use her powers to make it work, it is an useless use of powers. It is like imaging Jean Grey using her powers to keep her miniskirt in the right direction when flying…

The men drawing women tend to forget that women are usually pragmatic enough to wear something that is not a bother.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I’m sure she’s only able to wear the “red kink costume” thanks to her powers: sometimes, she has to pee and the costume has no zip…
    But why wearing something that is impractical and striking instead of something practical… and still striking. If she has to use her powers to make it work, it is an useless use of powers. It is like imaging Jean Grey using her powers to keep her miniskirt in the right direction when flying…

The men drawing women tend to forget that women are usually pragmatic enough to wear something that is not a bother.
    She wore the homage this costume was based on for years and was happy to do so. And yes she uses her powers to wear it, as she re-arranges molecules and such as needed. It's her iconic look elevated for the Met Gala. But how is this different than Storm using the weather as her cape, or Jean using her TK to make her headpiece float? It's not. And while I don't disagree on the generalized statement on male artists, in this case I disagree given the context and history.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    No! Absolutely not...
    Absolutely yes lol... it’s about time Rachel comes out of her shell and start to provoke. This is an upgrade compared to the past 3 wack costumes she’s been wearing. May she keep the same vibe and energy moving forward. It’s about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Don't worry, Phoenixx9, that wasn't directed towards you haha. And I agree with you, the more I look at this outfit, the more it grows on me. It's wonderfully weird.
    Haha, I know. No worries herre.

The whole point of this era is that mutants are supposed to be able to enjoy themselves for once. Who cares if they spend one night using their powers for fun? I don't think using powers to play baseball is practical either but I didn't see anybody complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hate the costume. It's like if a slave somehow felt empowered by wearing rags.