Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The whole point of this era is that mutants are supposed to be able to enjoy themselves for once. Who cares if they spend one night using their powers for fun? I don't think using powers to play baseball is practical either but I didn't see anybody complaining.
    I don’t remember the X-men were crying all the time during their adventures. They enjoyed themselves without making a big deal of it.
    Now, they have to show it, to prove it all time: “let’s have a neverending party because we are so proud of who we are” — which is an accident of birth, by the way. I remember they had a party because they won and were happy to be alive, because it was Thanksgiving, because they were happy to be together…

It wasn’t to be glady fashion victims of some crazy designer. Such vain creatures they have become…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t remember the X-men were crying all the time during their adventures. They enjoyed themselves without making a big deal of it.
    Now, they have to show it, to prove it all time: “let’s have a neverending party because we are so proud of who we are” — which is an accident of birth, by the way. I remember they had a party because they won and were happy to be alive, because it was Thanksgiving, because they were happy to be together…

It wasn’t to be glady fashion victims of some crazy designer. Such vain creatures they have become…
    This is some "I don't have a problem with [them] but do they have to flaunt it like that?"

Also, Thanksgiving is a garbage holiday dressed like a turkey to hide a massacre.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Think it needs the red stockings.
    D14D249D-B838-42BD-8CB9-A314B88697F2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is some "I don't have a problem with [them] but do they have to flaunt it like that?"
    “Them” were so different people… more sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also, Thanksgiving is a garbage holiday dressed like a turkey to hide a massacre.
    I'm not sure many Americans know the origin of Thanksgiving... Like everywhere else, people jump at any opportunity to celebrate.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

“Them” were so different people… more sympathetic.

I'm not sure many Americans know the origin of Thanksgiving... Like everywhere else, people jump at any opportunity to celebrate.
    1637 PEQUOT MASSACRE: ​THE REAL STORY OF THE ANNUAL U.S. THANKSGIVING

That might’ve been true during the Claremont days, but in the past decade they’ve been through 2-3 extinction level events. So yeah I would say that they’ve earned a few parties. Also what is your problem with people being proud of who they are?

That might’ve been true during the Claremont days, but in the past decade they’ve been through 2-3 extinction level events. So yeah I would say that they’ve earned a few parties.
    I would say they have largely made up for it since they have been on Krakoa.

Also what is your problem with people being proud of who they are?
    The X-men were always proud of what they are. I never had any doubt about it. Why would they need to ram it in the throat of the reader in impractical clothes?

I would say they have largely made up for it since they have been on Krakoa.

The X-men were always proud of what they are. I never had any doubt about it. Why would they need to ram it in the throat of the reader in impractical clothes?
    Why do humans have to shove it down everyone's throats by having the Met Gala every year? Why do they have big fashion shows in Paris and Milan, why do they have to wear such impractical clothes and flaunt their silly fashions all the time?

People do silly things in the real world too, it's a comic world with people doing something kind of silly because they want to explore their own culture, and fashion is part of culture. The outfits at the big fashion shows are over the top, but people aren't selling all the fashions on the floor, sometimes they are trying to draw attention to certain outfits and visions, sometimes to get funding for a full fashion line from investors. The mutants are just deciding to be as silly as the humans one time but having a big over the top event, and even inviting humans to attend it. It's mostly saying, hey we are part of this world, and we want to participate in things like fashion and gala events, that we aren't that much different from humans.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Why do humans have to shove it down everyone's throats by having the Met Gala every year? Why do they have big fashion shows in Paris and Milan, why do they have to wear such impractical clothes and flaunt their silly fashions all the time?

People do silly things in the real world too, it's a comic world with people doing something kind of silly because they want to explore their own culture, and fashion is part of culture. The outfits at the big fashion shows are over the top, but people aren't selling all the fashions on the floor, sometimes they are trying to draw attention to certain outfits and visions, sometimes to get funding for a full fashion line from investors. The mutants are just deciding to be as silly as the humans one time but having a big over the top event, and even inviting humans to attend it. It's mostly saying, hey we are part of this world, and we want to participate in things like fashion and gala events, that we aren't that much different from humans.
    Now, they want to do things like the humans?…

My main point is I was proud of the X-men when they did wonderful things (stopping criminals, saving the universe…) and I could understand they could be proud of them.

But being proud of being mutant?

And what is the purpose of inviting “humans”?

In my opinion, the X-men have been designed to be tools in political games. Well, here, coat hangers…

Now, they want to do things like the humans?…

My main point is I was proud of the X-men when they did wonderful things (stopping criminals, saving the universe…) and I could understand they could be proud of them.

But being proud of being mutant?

And what is the purpose of inviting “humans”?

In my opinion, the X-men have been designed to be tools in political games. Well, here, coat hangers…
    They still do those things you mentioned. They saved the world in XoS, they stopped a Brood invasion, they saved the Shi’ar empire, and the Marauders are constantly fighting criminals. They’re about to unveil a team of X-Men SPECIFICALLY to focus more on heroics than politics.

At the end of the day the entire event was designed by Emma so of course it’s vain and extra, but it also is designed to help smooth over human mutant relationships.

At the end of the day the entire event was designed by Emma so of course it’s vain and extra, but it also is designed to help smooth over human mutant relationships.
    The “dazzling effect” seems to work on human readers…

I guess if the tone is fun and light… why not. I had the impression that the X-men took themselves way too seriouly…

Incredible Member

The only thing I don't like about Rachel's costume is that the spikes on her breasts... well, there's only two and they're right on her nipples and they're obnoxiously big. I mean come on, Leah Williams can't be that big of a Schumacher fan.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Y'know as I've been reading X-Factor I thought Rachel would want to convince Rictor more with her own experience just how crazy what he was doing was. He seemed like he got some pixie dust to the face or something. When Rachel was lured away by Mojo and Spiral during the Romita Jr/CC run she was granted a vision of herself looking like she did before she became a hound, gleefully going oh, boy as she goes through the portal to be made a star. And of course as we see Ray next in the Excalibur bookshelf format, she ain't happy.

Astonishing Member

That might’ve been true during the Claremont days, but in the past decade they’ve been through 2-3 extinction level events. So yeah I would say that they’ve earned a few parties. Also what is your problem with people being proud of who they are?
    Its nice to see certain posters still pushing The Narrative of the X-Men are now human hating mutant supremacist hell bent on world domination.

Fantastic Member

With Rachel being one of the few... at least from what I have seen. Few, that have shown what they will be wearing to the Hellfire Gala. Can we hope that she may plays a large role? I know it's spread over a few books.