Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Y'know as I've been reading X-Factor I thought Rachel would want to convince Rictor more with her own experience just how crazy what he was doing was. He seemed like he got some pixie dust to the face or something. When Rachel was lured away by Mojo and Spiral during the Romita Jr/CC run she was granted a vision of herself looking like she did before she became a hound, gleefully going oh, boy as she goes through the portal to be made a star. And of course as we see Ray next in the Excalibur bookshelf format, she ain't happy.
    Correct. You speak the truth, From The Shadows.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

sooooo gorgeous

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I don't like the Rachel Met Gala costume it is so bland to me, I just think that there's hundreds of ways they could have made that suit more fashionable without going for purely outlandish. It feels incomplete to me.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Y'know as I've been reading X-Factor I thought Rachel would want to convince Rictor more with her own experience just how crazy what he was doing was. He seemed like he got some pixie dust to the face or something. When Rachel was lured away by Mojo and Spiral during the Romita Jr/CC run she was granted a vision of herself looking like she did before she became a hound, gleefully going oh, boy as she goes through the portal to be made a star. And of course as we see Ray next in the Excalibur bookshelf format, she ain't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. You speak the truth, From The Shadows.
    Would someone mind, elaborating I know most of Rachel's history but how she left the X-men, going to MojoWorld, then returning in Excalibur I was never sure on exactly what or how this all transpired and I figure fans would definitely be able to explain it in a digestible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I don't like the Rachel Met Gala costume it is so bland to me, I just think that there's hundreds of ways they could have made that suit more fashionable without going for purely outlandish. It feels incomplete to me.

Would someone mind, elaborating I know most of Rachel's history but how she left the X-men, going to MojoWorld, then returning in Excalibur I was never sure on exactly what or how this all transpired and I figure fans would definitely be able to explain it in a digestible way.
    Sure thing!
    SO, Rachel comes back from the Secret Wars and the X-Men are pissed with her as she made some bold decisions to take souls of friends to stop the Beyonder (some with permission, some without). Those that she took without permission are mad, and those that willingly gave now question if she influenced them or not. Wolverine is severely injured after a battle with Lady Deathstrike so the X-Men are in the Morlocks tunnels. Rachel is having nightmares of her time as a hound and is also linked to Wolverine (as she supercharged his healing factor) where he keeps killing her. Kitty and Piotr yell at her for breaking a mirror and then the whole team turn their backs on her, so she becomes desolate and wanders to the surface in a delusional haze. She then remembers Selene killed that guy Nico and decides she has to die as she is a vampire. This leads to the confrontation at the Hellfire Club where she almost skills Selene but Wolverine stops her as "X-Men don't kill". He then in turn tries to kill Rachel.

This whole exchange starts a battle with the X-Men and the Hellfire Club searching for Rachel for different reasons. The Hellfire Club wants her hunted down and converted into an operative if possible. The X-Men want to possibly assist her as she's likely dying. Both parties reach her in Central Park at the same time as a battle over her erupts. Rachel manages to barely escape just as Nimrod appears and starts killing peeps. Rachel feels she is the cause of everything and decides everyone would be better off without her as no one cares about her, especially the X-Men. She eventually finds a theater in Central Park and allured by lights and sounds. Spiral welcomes Rachel to the Body Shoppe and offers Rachel the opportunity to change her life for the better. Spiral does one of her magical dances that heals Rachel with every step she takes, but Rachel also loses her memories as well.

That's how she is lured to the Mojoverse. It's also when she arrives that Spiral and Mojo then start a new form of conditioning on her to enslave her as their new "star", seeing as Betsy I think was just being freed by the New Mutants. He uses her memories as a hound to make her new Phoenix outfit be the red hound suit. Rachel starts rebelling and eventually escapes (with some help from Roma) to help found Excalibur. It's also why the warwolves were invented by Mojo, to track and capture Rachel as they were psi resistant.

I'll note that the X-Men did far more in the aftermath of this battle to search and help Rachel than they did after Extermination. And Kitty was just awful to Rachel before and after this incident, so I don't know why Rachel ever let her be her best friend.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-26-2021 at 01:37 PM.

I love your new avatar, Askani!

I always thought Rachel would shred the little hairy skunk bear after she came back, but it never happened.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love your new avatar, Askani!

I always thought Rachel would shred the little hairy skunk bear after she came back, but it never happened.
    Aww thanks. I love the artwork and need a print lol.

I think it's fascinating that after the events where Wolverine and X-Force had to kill Selene, no one including Rachel told him what a effing hypocrite he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I think it's fascinating that after the events where Wolverine and X-Force had to kill Selene, no one including Rachel told him what a effing hypocrite he was.
    I did not know they did that! And how about all the people Logan has clawed through the centuries? Rachel should have hit him with a TP or TK blast to say the least, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Sure thing!
    SO, Rachel comes back from the Secret Wars and the X-Men are pissed with her as she made some bold decisions to take souls of friends to stop the Beyonder (some with permission, some without). Those that she took without permission are mad, and those that willingly gave now question if she influenced them or not. Wolverine is severely injured after a battle with Lady Deathstrike so the X-Men are in the Morlocks tunnels. Rachel is having nightmares of her time as a hound and is also linked to Wolverine (as she supercharged his healing factor) where he keeps killing her. Kitty and Piotr yell at her for breaking a mirror and then the whole team turn their backs on her, so she becomes desolate and wanders to the surface in a delusional haze. She then remembers Selene killed that guy Nico and decides she has to die as she is a vampire. This leads to the confrontation at the Hellfire Club where she almost skills Selene but Wolverine stops her as "X-Men don't kill". He then in turn tries to kill Rachel.

This whole exchange starts a battle with the X-Men and the Hellfire Club searching for Rachel for different reasons. The Hellfire Club wants her hunted down and converted into an operative if possible. The X-Men want to possibly assist her as she's likely dying. Both parties reach her in Central Park at the same time as a battle over her erupts. Rachel manages to barely escape just as Nimrod appears and starts killing peeps. Rachel feels she is the cause of everything and decides everyone would be better off without her as no one cares about her, especially the X-Men. She eventually finds a theater in Central Park and allured by lights and sounds. Spiral welcomes Rachel to the Body Shoppe and offers Rachel the opportunity to change her life for the better. Spiral does one of her magical dances that heals Rachel with every step she takes, but Rachel also loses her memories as well.

That's how she is lured to the Mojoverse. It's also when she arrives that Spiral and Mojo then start a new form of conditioning on her to enslave her as their new "star", seeing as Betsy I think was just being freed by the New Mutants. He uses her memories as a hound to make her new Phoenix outfit be the red hound suit. Rachel starts rebelling and eventually escapes (with some help from Roma) to help found Excalibur. It's also why the warwolves were invented by Mojo, to track and capture Rachel as they were psi resistant.

I'll note that the X-Men did far more in the aftermath of this battle to search and help Rachel than they did after Extermination. And Kitty was just awful to Rachel before and after this incident, so I don't know why Rachel ever let her be her best friend.
    Love the breakdown there Askani. Quick question you say when she was lured to the Mojoverse, Mojo used her memories of a hound to make the new Phoenix outfit. I can't remember that from anywhere. Is that in the Excalibur special before the series started? if so I am going to have to go through that again.

Wolverine is most definitely a hypocrite in many ways but this isnt one of them. The situations were completey different. Rachel wanted to murder Selene in an unprovoked attack. X-Force tried to kill her as she was trying to ascend to godhood, staged an assault on the X-men and was killing multiple people. This doesnt even take into account the context behind Dark Pheonix and Rachel being a teenager. X-Force had to kill Selene in Necrosha in order to stop her for the sake of the planet. It was a form of self defense. Rachel did not have to kill Selene; she wanted to and it was 100% personal

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel did not have to kill Selene; she wanted to and it was 100% personal
    Rachel did not have to kill Selene but she had a point in wanting to do it: Selene is/was a psychic vampire and her life depended on killing other people. She had no qualms about doing it.

Xavier swept this detail quickly under the carpet…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Love the breakdown there Askani. Quick question you say when she was lured to the Mojoverse, Mojo used her memories of a hound to make the new Phoenix outfit. I can't remember that from anywhere. Is that in the Excalibur special before the series started? if so I am going to have to go through that again.
    So in Uncanny 208-209 it shows Spiral luring Rachel into the Mojoverse. In terms of her time there, it was going to be fully explored in the cancelled Phoenix mini series that Claremont was working on. It was going to bridge the gap between X-Men and Excalibur for Rachel and share all the torments and tribulations that she had to go through. I can't remember where I read Claremont stating that Mojo used her memories to create a his version her hound outfit, but clearly it happened in some fashion in the Body Shoppe as her OG hound outfit was black and didn't have 4" stilettos. It would have been her star attraction look for whatever series Rachel was staring in. We have seen those images of Rachel being used in the Mojoverse over the years, most recently in X-Factor.

Fantastic Member

So in Uncanny 208-209 it shows Spiral luring Rachel into the Mojoverse. In terms of her time there, it was going to be fully explored in the cancelled Phoenix mini series that Claremont was working on. It was going to bridge the gap between X-Men and Excalibur for Rachel and share all the torments and tribulations that she had to go through. I can't remember where I read Claremont stating that Mojo used her memories to create a his version her hound outfit, but clearly it happened in some fashion in the Body Shoppe as her OG hound outfit was black and didn't have 4" stilettos. It would have been her star attraction look for whatever series Rachel was staring in. We have seen those images of Rachel being used in the Mojoverse over the years, most recently in X-Factor.
    Thanks Askani, I knew about the Uncanny issues. I was hoping the transformation and new outfit was on panel somewhere and I just missed it somehow. Always on the ball with the Rachel info thanks again Askani.

art by Magickamarker

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by askani's flame View Post
    sure thing!
    So, rachel comes back from the secret wars and the x-men are pissed with her as she made some bold decisions to take souls of friends to stop the beyonder (some with permission, some without). Those that she took without permission are mad, and those that willingly gave now question if she influenced them or not. Wolverine is severely injured after a battle with lady deathstrike so the x-men are in the morlocks tunnels. Rachel is having nightmares of her time as a hound and is also linked to wolverine (as she supercharged his healing factor) where he keeps killing her. Kitty and piotr yell at her for breaking a mirror and then the whole team turn their backs on her, so she becomes desolate and wanders to the surface in a delusional haze. She then remembers selene killed that guy nico and decides she has to die as she is a vampire. This leads to the confrontation at the hellfire club where she almost skills selene but wolverine stops her as "x-men don't kill". He then in turn tries to kill rachel.

This whole exchange starts a battle with the x-men and the hellfire club searching for rachel for different reasons. The hellfire club wants her hunted down and converted into an operative if possible. The x-men want to possibly assist her as she's likely dying. Both parties reach her in central park at the same time as a battle over her erupts. Rachel manages to barely escape just as nimrod appears and starts killing peeps. Rachel feels she is the cause of everything and decides everyone would be better off without her as no one cares about her, especially the x-men. She eventually finds a theater in central park and allured by lights and sounds. Spiral welcomes rachel to the body shoppe and offers rachel the opportunity to change her life for the better. Spiral does one of her magical dances that heals rachel with every step she takes, but rachel also loses her memories as well.

That's how she is lured to the mojoverse. It's also when she arrives that spiral and mojo then start a new form of conditioning on her to enslave her as their new "star", seeing as betsy i think was just being freed by the new mutants. He uses her memories as a hound to make her new phoenix outfit be the red hound suit. Rachel starts rebelling and eventually escapes (with some help from roma) to help found excalibur. It's also why the warwolves were invented by mojo, to track and capture rachel as they were psi resistant.

I'll note that the x-men did far more in the aftermath of this battle to search and help rachel than they did after extermination. And kitty was just awful to rachel before and after this incident, so i don't know why rachel ever let her be her best friend.
    thank you!!!!