Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    You mean where Vishop said that Leah mentioned it on her Twitter? I follow Leah and she hasn't said anything like that sooooo......
    No, there's a user bishop something on here who correctly predicted the end of Cable. He also claims that Hellions, X-Factor and SWORD will end due to low sales.

I hope this isn't true. I fully understand the no precog rule on Krakoa now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    So...anyone else hoping Rachel and Kitty..i mean Kate...finally hook up at the Gala?
    That might be too conventional on Rachel's relationship trajectory. Recently, she's gone from an alien bird that tried to assassinate her, to sentient bacteria and then keeping it in the family with her own godfather. I think the next boo will be some anti-mutant bigot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I hope this isn't true. I fully understand the no precog rule on Krakoa now.

That might be too conventional on Rachel's relationship trajectory. Recently, she's gone from an alien bird that tried to assassinate her, to sentient bacteria and then keeping it in the family with her own godfather. I think the next boo will be some anti-mutant bigot.
    Family in spirit only... Kurt is not genetically related to Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Family in spirit only... Kurt is not genetically related to Rachel.
    Agreed. Its in character for both. Kurt has been attracted to many women, including his non-genetically related sister and Rachel has all those attachment issues. Just not sure Kitty is all that close to Rachel anymore. Rachel wasnt even a bridesmaid at Kitty's wedding.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Agreed. Its in character for both. Kurt has been attracted to many women, including his non-genetically related sister and Rachel has all those attachment issues. Just not sure Kitty is all that close to Rachel anymore. Rachel wasnt even a bridesmaid at Kitty's wedding.
    Correct. They haven't been written as close for some time. Maybe since Wolverine and the X-Men. But once she left to mentor the O5 and train Jean on how to be a telepath, their friendship came to a standstill. They were more colleagues than friends in Gold (which was pretty much how Kitty treated everyone including Piotr) and I don't think they've exchanged words with each other since Rachel's re-houndification in Extermination. She didn't even hug Rachel when she was grieving over Cable's body. The closest we have seen them together (now I could be wrong) would be Kitty's resurrection party when she sees Rachel and says her name, but then Rachel leaves/disappears.

Fantastic Member

Correct. They haven't been written as close for some time. Maybe since Wolverine and the X-Men. But once she left to mentor the O5 and train Jean on how to be a telepath, their friendship came to a standstill. They were more colleagues than friends in Gold (which was pretty much how Kitty treated everyone including Piotr) and I don't think they've exchanged words with each other since Rachel's re-houndification in Extermination. She didn't even hug Rachel when she was grieving over Cable's body. The closest we have seen them together (now I could be wrong) would be Kitty's resurrection party when she sees Rachel and says her name, but then Rachel leaves/disappears.
    I never quite got what they were going for there at Kate's resurrection. Was it a mutual respect thing, friend thing or more? It was far to under developed and really considering how the two have interacted in the past few years it really left more questions then anything. More attention was paid to Magik then Rachel and that was probably more in keeping with fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I never quite got what they were going for there at Kate's resurrection. Was it a mutual respect thing, friend thing or more? It was far to under developed and really considering how the two have interacted in the past few years it really left more questions then anything. More attention was paid to Magik then Rachel and that was probably more in keeping with fan service.
    It was SUPER SUBTEXTY!!!!!!

The Magik was they're besties...and haven't really been seen as such for a long time...so get that going and then move along.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Rachel aside, the whole Kate Pryde situation has been rather amusing in some sense. The whole notion that she and Emma are now besties and Emma is providing a level of tutelage in some sense isn't original as it is stolen straight from Davis and Claremont. Aka Kitty and "Courtney Ross"/Sat-Yr-9. Marauders feels like an extension of that period for me.

Now, I think they are being coy and doing lots of winks and nods. Clearly Duggan highlighted Rachel and Illyana as her besties leading into her resurrection, even though we haven't seen that friendship between her and Rachel in some time. I think Rachel's solo mention was to call her out specifically with nothing else in mind but to make fans clamor. I don't foresee them being together, in fact I'm a strong advocate against it.

Rachel aside, the whole Kate Pryde situation has been rather amusing in some sense. The whole notion that she and Emma are now besties and Emma is providing a level of tutelage in some sense isn't original as it is stolen straight from Davis and Claremont. Aka Kitty and "Courtney Ross"/Sat-Yr-9. Marauders feels like an extension of that period for me.

Now, I think they are being coy and doing lots of winks and nods. Clearly Duggan highlighted Rachel and Illyana as her besties leading into her resurrection, even though we haven't seen that friendship between her and Rachel in some time. I think Rachel's solo mention was to call her out specifically with nothing else in mind but to make fans clamor. I don't foresee them being together, in fact I'm a strong advocate against it.
    I'm clamoring now... ok, it makes sense to me that Rachel wasn't picked as a bridesmaid and Kate is back to hugging Illyana... if Rachel is Kate's ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    No, there's a user bishop something on here who correctly predicted the end of Cable. He also claims that Hellions, X-Factor and SWORD will end due to low sales.
    tbf it was pretty obvious cable was ending

art by Magickmarker

Haha. This is in character for me. That therapy Scott and Kitty arranged didn't work. And revenge didn't help. I buy this nihilistic approach.

Haha. This is in character for me. That therapy Scott and Kitty arranged didn't work. And revenge didn't help. I buy this nihilistic approach.
    Did you also notice that the smoke spells "Subliminal"??

Did you also notice that the smoke spells "Subliminal"??
    Yes, I saw that and was wondering if it was "subliminal", lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!