Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I remember there was even an Askani event and she was set aside too

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    You mean the one where the Askani were looking to for Quentin Quire instead of the Mother Askani?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    You mean the one where the Askani were looking to for Quentin Quire instead of the Mother Askani?
    Yeah, it was when they re-launched WatX and Rachel was moved off the team but I certainly wouldn't call it an event. The reason why they removed Rachel was because they wanted to focus on Quentin, so once again the writers stole important aspects of Rachel's past and history to prop up and propel another character. The story made no sense and the Askani guy (John something) wasn't even from the true Askani timeline but the same future of the New Brotherhood and "Battle of the Atom" timeline where QQ was Phoenix. Rachel appeared in a portrait in one scene as a former Phoenix host but there were more dedications to Jean and QQ than of her..... (eyeroll)

Rachel wasnt excluded from the Summers family shenanigans in Cable today! I think this might be the first time we've had her, Hope and adult Jean together. I hope they do a team up move in the next issue

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Rachel wasnt excluded from the Summers family shenanigans in Cable today! I think this might be the first time we've had her, Hope and adult Jean together. I hope they do a team up move in the next issue
    Goes to show the sad state of affairs when I was more interested in what she was doing in Cable then in her own book. Despite the big cliffhanger at the end. To me X-Factor finished with a whimper for Rachel. Seems about right to with how she is treated.

Incredible Member

Jean's face in that almost makes it seem like she's disappointed to see Rachel and Hope. Or that she's suffering from a really bad cold like Spider-Man used to every five issues back in the 60s.

I never really could understand why they haven't used the concept of the "Phoenix Five" again with the Summer/Grey family: Rachel, Jean, Hope, Cable, and Cyclops. Splitting up the Phoenix to handle its power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Jean's face in that almost makes it seem like she's disappointed to see Rachel and Hope. Or that she's suffering from a really bad cold like Spider-Man used to every five issues back in the 60s.
    She just doesn’t want Deadpool to hit on her daughter

I', impressed with Duggan that he is the only writer (for me) who gets the dynamics of them in a way and he's actively forcing the female Summers to inhabit the same space. And it's great to see, but then also sad because it's the only place you will see it and this book is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Goes to show the sad state of affairs when I was more interested in what she was doing in Cable then in her own book. Despite the big cliffhanger at the end. To me X-Factor finished with a whimper for Rachel. Seems about right to with how she is treated.
    Whimper? WAS SHE EVEN REALLY IN THE ISSUE?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I', impressed with Duggan that he is the only writer (for me) who gets the dynamics of them in a way and he's actively forcing the female Summers to inhabit the same space. And it's great to see, but then also sad because it's the only place you will see it and this book is ending.

Whimper? WAS SHE EVEN REALLY IN THE ISSUE?
    Exactly. I remember being really happy about this book(Poor costume and all) and when it was delayed because of the pandemic I was annoyed. When it finally came out my local stores were closed so I was forced to go digital. I kind of feel bad because they may not be tracking or measuring digital sales as much as print. I don't know but for her to be in the last issue.... barely. Just seems like she was never going to get her due anyways. With Cable ending as well, I really have to keep saying. It's going to be a barren time for us Rachel fans.

I want to share this because is Amazing.

Costume designs for Rachel that didn't make it into X-Men Gold by Ken Lashley.
    20210703_193737.jpg
    20210703_193735.jpg

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...317007874?s=19

Fantastic Member

So I was reading Hellions today and there was no Rachel content but just a slight little thing that annoyed me. There is a letter in there from X-Factor authored by Prodigy saying he wants a powerful telepath to probe Sinister's mind and he suggests Emma. Powerful sure, but you already have one on your own freaking team! no love for Rachel.

Fantastic Member

Ray gets left out of all activities. Jean teams up with Emma to save Storm in Giant sized X-Men, Jean teams up with the Cuckoos to perform a telepathic concert at the gala, Jean teams up with Hope to mourn OG Cable's death, Jean teams up with Psylocke to deal with X-Man ... no love for Rachel at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Ray gets left out of all activities. Jean teams up with Emma to save Storm in Giant sized X-Men, Jean teams up with the Cuckoos to perform a telepathic concert at the gala, Jean teams up with Hope to mourn OG Cable's death, Jean teams up with Psylocke to deal with X-Man ... no love for Rachel at all.
    Jean teams up with the Cuckoos to punch a whole into the Otherworld to help save Cable. Need a former PF host to tame the Phoenix? Call anyone but Rachel. The lack of coordination with Jean is the most glaring and problematic but not for the writers I guess.

The list goes on. The problem is (I would say both in universe and for writers) that for years Rachel has been the Jobb Queen and punching bag in the X-Men. You need to show how powerful a villain is? Put them up against Rachel and watch them beat her down. You need a baddie who is a telepath? Make them go against Rachel and turn her into a slave. She's also had great showings as well, but writers have consistently made her seem like a powerful but inferior mutant. And writers also haven't given her the glow-up others have gotten.