Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Was there ever a general consensus on here as to what Rachel's codename should be? I think we all agree Prestige is quite terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Was there ever a general consensus on here as to what Rachel's codename should be? I think we all agree Prestige is quite terrible.
    I'm actually cool with Starchild or Marvel Girl.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I like Starchild as well, but Phoenix should be hers. But that's lost now. But yeah Prestige is just dumb.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It can't be Marvel Girl as that's officially Jean's (per Hickman's mandate). I say Starchilde or Askani.

Fantastic Member

I would prefer Phoenix but that is long since not an option. So I'll go with Starchild as well. Marvel Girl was her paying homage to her mother, not for her. I like the idea of Askani but I just can't see them using it without giving it to someone who is more in Cable's orbit and I know that sounds weird considering she is Mother Askani and Cable's sister. If that name were to be ever used I think it would be for a new character within Cable's sphere.

I would prefer Phoenix but that is long since not an option. So I'll go with Starchild as well. Marvel Girl was her paying homage to her mother, not for her. I like the idea of Askani but I just can't see them using it without giving it to someone who is more in Cable's orbit and I know that sounds weird considering she is Mother Askani and Cable's sister. If that name were to be ever used I think it would be for a new character within Cable's sphere.
    yeah, the great thing about Starchild is that it feels like it's just hers. Not her mother's hand-me-downs. Not her brother's storyline.

Love a babe team with Illyana, Rachel n' Rogue - Darkchilde, Starchilde and Destiny's childe

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    yeah, the great thing about Starchild is that it feels like it's just hers. Not her mother's hand-me-downs. Not her brother's storyline.
    That's my thought to with Starchild. It's hers. There's nothing that could take that away from her and it calls out to her history. Not anyone else's.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't mind the official Marvel Girl one (really the shadow look with the tattoo on the back is my fav), but that AWFUL one that was released with the X-mansion gates was an abomination. I would love to see her iconic Excalibur look especially since it was just revisited at the Hellfire Gala. That to me would round out the official set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Here here!

Do you have a pic of that shadow one?

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind "Prestige" as a codename for Rachel because I think of it as a the term for the payoff for the magician's trick. And this is Rachel's third act in that sense where she's coming into her own. Other than that I've had the name "Harbinger" kicking around my head for her for a bit because of her being from the future and all.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind "Prestige" as a codename for Rachel because I think of it as a the term for the payoff for the magician's trick. And this is Rachel's third act in that sense where she's coming into her own. Other than that I've had the name "Harbinger" kicking around my head for her for a bit because of her being from the future and all.
    I think the very reason you state you like Prestige is the reason why I just can't get into it. It feels like a cheap name, a cheap trick played on all of us. That's probably just me but that's how I think about the name. It just sounds like a Magicians thing and I just don't like it. Harbinger is an interesting choice. Sounds more like a villain though in my mind. Or maybe not a villain but almost like a nickname not a codename. If you understand what I mean.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think the very reason you state you like Prestige is the reason why I just can't get into it. It feels like a cheap name, a cheap trick played on all of us. That's probably just me but that's how I think about the name. It just sounds like a Magicians thing and I just don't like it. Harbinger is an interesting choice. Sounds more like a villain though in my mind. Or maybe not a villain but almost like a nickname not a codename. If you understand what I mean.
    It's a cheap trick that Kate pulled on Rachel lol. Giving her an awful codename and costume.

Harbringer is one of Stryfe's names so I would avoid that. The other name she has had from Age of X which I do enjoy as it's darker is Revenant. Which works in that she is sometimes a ghost or spectre from her timeline. She often is a ghost of herself when she's written poorly. And she has returned from the dead several times. So it does work for her in a variety of ways.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 09-03-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Starchilde is the best option imo.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually like Pheonix for her and her mom doesn't use it but Starchilde I think works just as well and I prefer it to Prestige or Askani. The latter makes me think of an older Ray and Marvel really doesn't age them much with the sliding timescale.

Fantastic Member

I still think it should be Revenant now.