Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Oh god no. Kitty and Rachel's inseparable standing had not been a thing since Excalibur. Even then Kitty was resentful and jealous of Rachel at times. In recent years Kate had been a bad friend to Rachel and done nothing to even warrant them interacting in panel. Kate is only focused on herself and the hell with anyone other than her or Emma... EMMA. And even if they were together or still best friends, why should Rachel become her sidekick by adopting a name similar to hers? She needs her own name separate from others.
    I prefer no codename over a bad codename (looking at you Prestige). Emma is better as just Emma, same with Kate and Jean. If Kate and Rachel were going to partner up, Rachel would make an amazing Red King. I know that's already a Hulk character, but i'm game for a LS where Rachel smacks him down in a gladiator match to take the title.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I prefer no codename over a bad codename (looking at you Prestige). Emma is better as just Emma, same with Kate and Jean. If Kate and Rachel were going to partner up, Rachel would make an amazing Red King. I know that's already a Hulk character, but i'm game for a LS where Rachel smacks him down in a gladiator match to take the title.
    I actually don't disagree with you as there is no other Rachel so it would be fine. And for the most part people refer to her as either Rachel or Rachel Summers vs that awful name. She already has the title of Warrior White Princess from that Hellfire arc by Claremont, but she could definitely use a new HFC title.

Rather than “Starchild” that means nothing anymore, Rachel is more a ”Timechild”, her presence in this timelime is the result of her own power on time.

But she also travelled trough different universes as well as different times… Still, I agree with Subliminal: “Starchild” reminds me of a very different Rachel written by a very different man…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mama was first, as she should be, but Rachel finally made it, ya'll!

Thought you all would love these by, achem, one of my followers … 😂 (I’m such a showboating kook! But really, we follow each other!)

Rachel by Ty Romsa (9/6/21):

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Rather than “Starchild” that means nothing anymore, Rachel is more a ”Timechild”, her presence in this timelime is the result of her own power on time.…
    I agree, pivoting towards signifying Rachel with psychic time powers really helps get Rachel out of her parent's shadows and into her own spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm happy to see Rachel appear in this montage so soon, before so many other more well known X characters. Does this mean she's really popular outside this thread?

I agree, pivoting towards signifying Rachel with psychic time powers really helps get Rachel out of her parent's shadows and into her own spotlight.

Thanks for sharing! I'm happy to see Rachel appear in this montage so soon, before so many other more well known X characters. Does this mean she's really popular outside this thread?
    I disagree with the notion that Starchilde (the "e" is there and important y'all) is not a relevant name as she is canonically the child of the Phoenix. Now I don't disagree tat she needs to be out of the shadow of her 'rents, Rachel has spent enough time in space (as well space in time) that is still a valid and original codename for her.

And I do love Ty Roma's rendition (I helped petition Rachel being one of their pieces on Twitter) the blue eyes annoys me everytime lol.

Thought you all would love these by, achem, one of my followers … �� (I’m such a showboating kook! But really, we follow each other!)

Rachel by Ty Romsa (9/6/21):

Love when artists draw Rachel with big earrings : ) this is a lovely piece

I disagree with the notion that Starchilde (the "e" is there and important y'all) is not a relevant name as she is canonically the child of the Phoenix. Now I don't disagree tat she needs to be out of the shadow of her 'rents, Rachel has spent enough time in space (as well space in time) that is still a valid and original codename for her.
    OK. The name Starchilde is growing on me. So it's a reference to ancestry, like Quill, his dad and the name Starlord. Just trying to get my head around the connection to her powerset. She's not a stellar energy manipulator, although she did make that black hole once. Maybe her abilities get more unstable and dangerous as she gets older, like the life cycle of a star?
    Last edited by Subliminal; 09-11-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Geez, you never really realize how many telepaths the X-Men have until you think about it. Half of the team possesses telepathic abilities.

Anyway, great pic...I would move the fliers to the middle to balance the pic more.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

OK. The name Starchilde is growing on me. So it's a reference to ancestry, like Quill, his dad and the name Starlord. Just trying to get my head around the connection to her powerset. She's not a stellar energy manipulator, although she did make that black hole once. Maybe her abilities get more unstable and dangerous as she gets older, like the life cycle of a star?
    No, I do not think so.

I believe the name Starchilde is because the Phoenix Force is the Mother of the Stars and Rachel, like Jean, is a Child of Man. When hosting the PF, they become a "Child of the Stars" or Starchilde.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Someone mentioned Star Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, I do not think so.

I believe the name Starchilde is because the Phoenix Force is the Mother of the Stars and Rachel, like Jean, is a Child of Man. When hosting the PF, they become a "Child of the Stars" or Starchilde.
    Has Jean ever been called Starchilde? I didn't think she had, as I thought that was was just a name that Rachel has received from various cosmic entities. It speaks specifically to her being the child of the Phoenix and Man (Phoenix Force and Jean Grey), which is different than Jean's connection entirely.

Has Jean ever been called Starchilde? I didn't think she had, as I thought that was was just a name that Rachel has received from various cosmic entities. It speaks specifically to her being the child of the Phoenix and Man (Phoenix Force and Jean Grey), which is different than Jean's connection entirely.
    I am not sure? Maybe? when Jean was the Silver Phoenix and met death as the construction worker?

Indeed, Jean's connection to the Phoenix Force is different from everyone else's including Rachel. I think the name was to help give Rachel her own unique Phoenix identity apart from Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!