Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1022
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Any news about Rachel's future? Have you announced any new series for 2022? I know that part of the x-factor group is going to Marauder, but ... and Rachel?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Any news about Rachel's future? Have you announced any new series for 2022? I know that part of the x-factor group is going to Marauder, but ... and Rachel?
    Not a peep on Rachel. We know 2 of X-Factor are moving to the revamped Marauders, but otherwise the remaining members (David, Ray, JP, Trevor) are in limbo. Given they have been featured in Trial of Magneto (not saying that it's good but that they have been featured), I don't anticipate them becoming wallpaper but stranger things have happened. I do like that she is clearly featured in this artwork (not that it means anything i.e. Disassembled and X of Swords)

Bringing the thought over from the Lorna thread, re: the work that Duggan and Larraz are doing with Lorna's portrayal as a coffee swilling power princess in the X-MEN title...

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL at the fact that her second thought after regaining consciousness was "where's her coffee" not Jean...and her utter dismay that it's all gone. Forget putting down the X-Men...Lorna is going to slay them all for dumping her coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Though I guess age and generation gaps have less meaning in the era of Krakoan resurrections, the characterization and the costume seem a bit...young...I guess for Lorna, who is from one of the earliest generations of X-Men.
    Dead on for what they should have been trying for with Rachel Grey during her stint as Marvel Girl however. Costume and all.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bringing the thought over from the Lorna thread, re: the work that Duggan and Larraz are doing with Lorna's portrayal as a coffee swilling power princess in the X-MEN title...

Though I guess age and generation gaps have less meaning in the era of Krakoan resurrections, the characterization and the costume seem a bit...young...I guess for Lorna, who is from one of the earliest generations of X-Men.
    Dead on for what they should have been trying for with Rachel Grey during her stint as Marvel Girl however. Costume and all.
    I would agree that this feels like a good move for Rachel's characterization, but then they ruined this vibe when she first came back with making her dependent on Kitty and Jean so she whined A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would agree that this feels like a good move for Rachel's characterization, but then they ruined this vibe when she first came back with making her dependent on Kitty and Jean so she whined A LOT.
    Granted its been awhile since I read that era, but I don't recall either character (Kitty nor Jean) being on the team at that time for Rachel to be dependent upon. She revered her dead (?) Mother, sure. That was part od taking on the MG mantle and the Grey name.

The main hiccup with Rachel in that period was that Claremont seemed to have decided to make her the ingenue of the group and sort of threw out her years of experience and trauma. I referred to it as if Claremont was writing Rachel as if she had grown up naturally in this timeline and had NOT time-travelled from a dystopian future. He was portraying the Rachel that would have been if Xavier had not been assassinated in front of her at the X-Mansion and all that transpired after that...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Granted its been awhile since I read that era, but I don't recall either character (Kitty nor Jean) being on the team at that time for Rachel to be dependent upon. She revered her dead (?) Mother, sure. That was part od taking on the MG mantle and the Grey name.

The main hiccup with Rachel in that period was that Claremont seemed to have decided to make her the ingenue of the group and sort of threw out her years of experience and trauma. I referred to it as if Claremont was writing Rachel as if she had grown up naturally in this timeline and had NOT time-travelled from a dystopian future. He was portraying the Rachel that would have been if Xavier had not been assassinated in front of her at the X-Mansion and all that transpired after that...
    This entire run until Claremont left (and even after) became the "MOM!" era for Rachel where Jean was her EVERYTHING. Yes Jean was dead, but Rachel was written to be so entrenched in the idea of Saint Jean that it was cringeworthy. And she started off dependent on Kitty. Kitty was the one that helped free from her Bogan. Kitty brought her back into the X-fold. And the first thing she did when getting back from the Savage Land was to run to Kitty, who was too busy being back with Peter, so Rachel was left upset and in the dust. Enter Betsy and they become best friends. She was far too dependent on other women to latch on to, which made no sense as she wasn't this 16 year girl who was a noob. She was a powerhouse who just helped her brother take down the Dark Sisterhood after sacrificing everything for the X-Men in the future. I agree that was one of my biggest issues was the how she lost who she had been prior to Claremont getting his fingers on her in X-Treme again, personality and powers included.

tWZJeWW.jpg
    We already have the concept art for the next event, although then it has nothing to do with it (remember Rachel with the Fenix ​​uniform from the Brooks teaser) personally I am not a fan of Francis Yu but Rachel looks bad and is still wearing X-Factor uniform , my hope is that she joins of KNIGHTS OF X, what do you think?.

tWZJeWW.jpg
    We already have the concept art for the next event, although then it has nothing to do with it (remember Rachel with the Fenix ​​uniform from the Brooks teaser) personally I am not a fan of Francis Yu but Rachel looks bad and is still wearing X-Factor uniform , my hope is that she joins of KNIGHTS OF X, what do you think?.
    Knights of X sounds like a great possibility, although I would love if she joins the possible Ororo/Cable team.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 12-07-2021 at 02:18 PM.

tWZJeWW.jpg
    I think she looks better here than when her drew her in her Wolverine and the X-Men turkey trench, but I am not a fan of Yu for the most part.

As of now I would say that she won't be in X-Men, X-Force, Wolverine, New Mutants, or Marauders. Likely candidates going on not a lot would be Knights of X or X-Men Red. The speculation is Knights of X is what Excalibur spins into, and given her history with Excalibur, Saturnyne and the Otherworld, plus a budding romance with Betsy, that's a likely land. We don't know anything about the others really.

And side note, I was recently listening to a podcast with Leah and she was talking about future arcs and stories she had ready for X-Factor, and one was for Rachel about dealing with the ideas of other mutants on favoritism and why does she get Krakoan anything because she's not from this timeline. It would have been really fascinating I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

And side note, I was recently listening to a podcast with Leah and she was talking about future arcs and stories she had ready for X-Factor, and one was for Rachel about dealing with the ideas of other mutants on favoritism and why does she get Krakoan anything because she's not from this timeline. It would have been really fascinating I think.
    I listened to the same podcast the other day (Power of X-Men right? ) and I also got pretty interested in that. It would have been a fascinating plot indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I listened to the same podcast the other day (Power of X-Men right? ) and I also got pretty interested in that. It would have been a fascinating plot indeed.
    yup that's the one!

The #HellfireGala by Daniel Govar

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...70791180980228

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Knights of X by Rod Reis
    Welcome to the Days of Future Otherworlds

I'm actually excited by this. Rachel has experience fighting Furies, dealing with Merlyn, Roma, and Saturnyne, and maybe she can use that 4th dimensional pulse she emanates due to her chronal abilities?