Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    While it's probably inspired by the game character I don't think it's something as permanent as a piercing or tattoo.
    Didn't mean to reference the permeance of piercings or tattoos, just how they are often used to express individuality like Bao's X-cut does.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Didn't mean to reference the permeance of piercings or tattoos, just how they are often used to express individuality like Bao's X-cut does.
    pretty much, stylized parts/shavings are pretty common; for example, the hood classic Set It Off.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/sweetiegoemon/st...85227633102849

From when the big thing in the Bat-fanon-sphere was pairing Bao (before his name was even known) with Damian.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    https://twitter.com/sweetiegoemon/st...85227633102849

From when the big thing in the fanon-sphere was pairing Bao (before his name was even known) with Damian.
    the correlation makes sense, they seemed to be roughly that same age (I'm assuming it's before we knew Bao's name) and both have that violent edge. personally, I don't think Bao would vibe with Damian. Damian feels too into his own **** for Bao. Bao seems like more of a realist and a grounded guy, i can see Damian's self-importantance would turn him off. tho, that may just be my read, they'll likely get along if they ever meet because that's easier to write.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the correlation makes sense, they seemed to be roughly that same age (I'm assuming it's before we knew Bao's name) and both have that violent edge. personally, I don't think Bao would vibe with Damian. Damian feels too into his own **** for Bao. Bao seems like more of a realist and a grounded guy, i can see Damian's self-importantance would turn him off. tho, that may just be my read, they'll likely get along if they ever meet because that's easier to write.
    Yeah. The tweet the fanart was posted in was back in early October. So that was still during Joker War, I think. We don't learn about Bao's name or age, or even what he looked like outside of his costume, until immediately after The Joker War ends. But beforehand, folks were paring them together because of assumed close proximity in age (back when folks thought Bao was 14 or 15, myself included) and because of surface level traits they share, like their aggression.

I also can see that if Damian and Bao were to be written together, most writers would probably go the easier route and have them get along with minimal (if any) friction. But like you say, it'd probably feel more likely for Bao to be turned off by Damian's personality and grandiosity, not having much patience for him. Bao, we now know, prefers being simple and straightforward. Damian can be pretty obtuse and roundabout in pretty much every facet of his life, and that certainly feels like it would rub Bao the wrong way.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-03-2021 at 01:33 PM.

I think he's an interesting character. That name tho, still on the fence about it. I hope 2021 is a good year for him. He has potential to be a lasting character if done right but after the latest issue with Ghostmaker, it's a bit on the fence. They kinda went the predictable route with him not killing Harley, so I hope they don't side line him.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I come to you guys humbled, I think Clownhunter was/is a red herring on Red X. could still be wrong mind you, but my faith in him being Red X has shaken.

my question now is, what is Tynion's plan for Bao if not as Red X? because I still believe Clownhunter, as a persona, isn't meant to last. I hope I'm wrong (right?) and we see him at the Titans Academy.

currently following:

Tynion saying he has no plans for Red X months ago was the nail in the coffin. Bao should become... I dunno, the Next Batman's sidekick. One of 'em, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Tynion saying he has no plans for Red X months ago was the nail in the coffin. Bao should become... I dunno, the Next Batman's sidekick. One of 'em, anyway.
    when did he say that? I must've missed that interview

currently following:

He could be the next Robin or join Titans Academy as a student. Or just hang up the mask and try to go legit with Leslie Tompkins. You could use that it as a metaphor for addiction.

Honestly I feel like Punchline would work better as his archenemy than Harper's. But I'm not that invested in her character so maybe I'm biased?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-09-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    when did he say that? I must've missed that interview
    There's a YouTube channel called wordballoon that interviews comic book creators.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He could be the next Robin or join Titans Academy as a student. Or just hang up the mask and try to go legit with Leslie Tompkins. You could that it as a metaphor for addiction.

Honestly I feel like Punchline would work better as his archenemy than Harper's. But I'm not that invested in her character so maybe I'm biased?
    if he becomes a student at Titans Academy there is no way he's not Red X. I think if they aren't gonna make him X, I would really want him to get him wish and put Joker down for real. since that's unlikely, maybe Ghostmaker takes him under his wing and they head off at the end of Tynion's run. kinda like how Shiva took Babylon as a protege at the end of Outsiders.

There's a YouTube channel called wordballoon that interviews comic book creators.
    I'll have to go take a look at that

currently following:

Bluebird

Kinda feels like they're building the Narrows' own set of characters with Harper and her brother, Clownhunter, Punchline, and maybe that new Miracle Molly character will be part of this.

I skimmed through the interview but I didn't find the part you're referring to. I may have missed it but he does mention that all of the characters he's introduced (at the time) are meant to play major roles throughout 2021 and maybe even as far as 2023, so it seemed at worst he doesn't have any immediate plans for Clownhunter; like for the next story arc or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Kinda feels like they're building the Narrows' own set of characters with Harper and her brother, Clownhunter, Punchline, and maybe that new Miracle Molly character will be part of this.
    Duke and the former We are Robin kids function out the Narrows too.

currently following: