Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    when did he say that? I must've missed that interview
    He..did not say that as far as I remember. Just that he has plans for Bao later on in the year, I don't think he'll be in batman for the first arc when it comes back next month.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I'm really curious as to where Bao is going to show up and how his story will continue. Based off the Batman Annual, it does seem like he's being set up for a major story, but yet he wasn't included in the Bat-family art for Infinite Frontier, and he hasn't been mentioned yet in any of the solicits.

if he becomes a student at Titans Academy there is no way he's not Red X. I think if they aren't gonna make him X, I would really want him to get him wish and put Joker down for real. since that's unlikely, maybe Ghostmaker takes him under his wing and they head off at the end of Tynion's run. kinda like how Shiva took Babylon as a protege at the end of Outsiders.

I'll have to go take a look at that
    I don't mind Bao becoming Red X but it's not essential. Him just going to Titans Academy is enough of a hook for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He..did not say that as far as I remember. Just that he has plans for Bao later on in the year, I don't think he'll be in batman for the first arc when it comes back next month.
    He did, actually. During the wordballoon interview at the timestamp of 55:08:

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post

I was misreading, for some reason I thought you said he had no plans for Bao, not Red X. that's what I was looking for. but yeah, thats makes sense. even if Bao were Red X, I never expected Tynion to do anything with Red X anytime soon considering he's supposed to be heavy over on Titans. how I was envisioning it was we'll follow Bao as Clownhunter up to him going to Titans Academy, then we'd see that play out over with Sheridan and into the wider DC universe for a while. regardless, I'm doubtful of Bao as Red X (still my 2nd pick tho) so we'll see if or how that goes.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I wouldn't want to see Bao become another Bat protege; whether it's Bruce or Jace. Damian (or Duke depending on how you look at it) should be the last protege of Bruce's for a while, and definitely no more new Robins for now. I think where they messed up with Duke was they wanted him to feel different from Batman while still using Batman as a crutch as his mentor, essentially making him feel like Robin all but in name for a grip. they should avoid that by continuing to let Bao kinda do his own type of thing, continue down the direction of him being an antithesis to Batman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post

Yeah, I thought you were talking about Bao, not red x. My bad.

Clownhunter and Punchline will fight in Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter

Clownhunter’s war on the clown gangs from The Joker War continues in Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1, a brutal tale written by Ed Brisson, with art by Rosi Kämpe.  The untrained but focused vigilante stalks a boss-level clown, but his luck might be running out as he walks into an ambush set by Punchline! In a horrific parallel to his days at Gotham Academy, Clownhunter finds himself overwhelmed and outgunned...just the type of odds he likes! 

This 40-page thrill ride features a main cover by Mico Suayan for $3.99 and a $5.99 card stock variant cover by Kofi Ofosu. Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1 arrives in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Clownhunter and Punchline will fight in Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter

Clownhunter’s war on the clown gangs from The Joker War continues in Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1, a brutal tale written by Ed Brisson, with art by Rosi Kämpe.  The untrained but focused vigilante stalks a boss-level clown, but his luck might be running out as he walks into an ambush set by Punchline! In a horrific parallel to his days at Gotham Academy, Clownhunter finds himself overwhelmed and outgunned...just the type of odds he likes! 

This 40-page thrill ride features a main cover by Mico Suayan for $3.99 and a $5.99 card stock variant cover by Kofi Ofosu. Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1 arrives in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
    Finally! This book was made to showcase a character like Clownhunter. And it's about time he's resurfacing, since he's been rather absent in the comics since Ghost-Maker's introductory arc concluded.

I wonder if this will take place during Joker War or after it? The solicit is vague. If it takes place during, as some kind of "untold tale", then that's fine. But if it takes place after, then I hope his character progression is taken into consideration. He can still be that edgy Anime-esque vigilante kid, though, since that's part of his entire appeal. Just keep his character history and progression in mind while doing so, ideally while furthering that history and progression.

Speaking of which, I'm excited to see that we will be delving more into Bao outside of being a vigilante. Hearing that he was or is (that part is vague, too) a student of Gotham Academy (another underrated DC book that needs some love) is very cool. We got bits of pieces of who Bao is when not Clownhunter (including that the school he attends has a formal uniform, albeit one that doesn't quite match up with Gotham Academy's), but Clownhunter has, logically, been in the forefront. Bao strikes me as someone who's neuroatypical, and that's before accounting for the back-to-back traumas of his parent's death at the Joker's hand and the Joker War outbreak 3 years later. He's shown himself to be socially awkward, too. Overall, I'd just like a story that fleshes out who Bao is and how he identifies himself beyond Clownhunter (while still celebrating him being Clownhunter, mind).

With Punchline getting her own (mini?) series, I wish Clownhunter had, too.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't want to see Bao become another Bat protege; whether it's Bruce or Jace. Damian (or Duke depending on how you look at it) should be the last protege of Bruce's for a while, and definitely no more new Robins for now. I think where they messed up with Duke was they wanted him to feel different from Batman while still using Batman as a crutch as his mentor, essentially making him feel like Robin all but in name for a grip. they should avoid that by continuing to let Bao kinda do his own type of thing, continue down the direction of him being an antithesis to Batman.
    Agreed. Bao staying as the antithetical to Bruce's Batman is perfectly fine.

That said, I would absolutely adore the idea of Bao becoming Ghost-Maker's protégé at some point. I'd even like it if Bao adopted a sort of moniker update to be more "on-brand" to Ghost-Maker's style. Honestly, rocky start aside, the two feel like they could bond and totally vibe with one another, if given the narrative chance. And Bao would gain a lot more from being under Ghost-Maker (who has his head on straighter than his intro may have led many reader to think) than Bruce or anyone else.

Well, Bao and Jason both have something in common; both have a deep and justified hatred of clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Finally! This book was made to showcase a character like Clownhunter. And it's about time he's resurfacing, since he's been rather absent in the comics since Ghost-Maker's introductory arc concluded.

I wonder if this will take place during Joker War or after it? The solicit is vague. If it takes place during, as some kind of "untold tale", then that's fine. But if it takes place after, then I hope his character progression is taken into consideration. He can still be that edgy Anime-esque vigilante kid, though, since that's part of his entire appeal. Just keep his character history and progression in mind while doing so, ideally while furthering that history and progression.

Speaking of which, I'm excited to see that we will be delving more into Bao outside of being a vigilante. Hearing that he was or is (that part is vague, too) a student of Gotham Academy (another underrated DC book that needs some love) is very cool. We got bits of pieces of who Bao is when not Clownhunter (including that the school he attends has a formal uniform, albeit one that doesn't quite match up with Gotham Academy's), but Clownhunter has, logically, been in the forefront. Bao strikes me as someone who's neuroatypical, and that's before accounting for the back-to-back traumas of his parent's death at the Joker's hand and the Joker War outbreak 3 years later. He's shown himself to be socially awkward, too. Overall, I'd just like a story that fleshes out who Bao is and how he identifies himself beyond Clownhunter (while still celebrating him being Clownhunter, mind).

With Punchline getting her own (mini?) series, I wish Clownhunter had, too.
    Maybe they could do something where its what Bao was doing during past events? I always wanted him to be a former member of We are Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Bao and Jason both have something in common; both have a deep and justified hatred of clowns.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe they could do something where its what Bao was doing during past events? I always wanted him to be a former member of We are Robin.
    I think this was brought up before. But it would be an interesting idea to explore. Plus, it'd be nice to get a reference to Joker's previous "Gotham Event", Endgame.

I'm not a big fan of Joker's War so I rather Bao move forward and deal with other threats. Him stumbling onto the Unsanity Collective is more interesting to me.

His time with Leslie Hopkins could be worth exploring. Him becoming a volunteer for her clinic is a good day job and the temptation to bring back Clownhunter to protect it is a good hook.

Him hanging out with Creeper or Orpheus could be fun.

In the Batman cartoon there was a character called Prank. He was a teenager who became Joker's sidekick. So having Clownhunter meet him could be interesting for the one shot.

I liked the idea of the three Jokers more than the actual story. Joker's scheme of pushing people into the chemicals to create more like him is fascinating. There were other success cases so having Bao meet one could interesting. It's also a potential cheat in order to have him kill one of those. He gets to kill a Joker without actually killing the Joker.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-15-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Joker's War so I rather Bao move forward and deal with other threats. Him stumbling onto the Unsanity Collective is more interesting to me.

His time with Leslie Hopkins could be worth exploring. Him becoming a volunteer for her clinic is a good day job and the temptation to bring back Clownhunter to protect it is a good hook.

Him hanging out with Creeper or Orpheus could be fun.

In the Batman cartoon there was a character called Prank. He was a teenager who became Joker's sidekick. So having Clownhunter meet him could be interesting for the one shot.

I liked the idea of the three Jokers more than the actual story. Joker's scheme of pushing people into the chemicals to create more like him is fascinating. There were other success cases so having Bao meet one could interesting. It's also a potential cheat in order to have him kill one of those. He gets to kill a Joker without actually killing the Joker.
    With how Bao is close to Leslie Thompkins thru volunteering for her and how Leslie is working with Harper/Bluebird to get Punchline behind bars, I think Bao running into Harper could be fun stuff.