Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mighty Member

In the latest issue of his back-up in Batman, Bao seemed more receptive to working with Tim.

Given that a lot of these back-ups and Urban Legends stories are leading to spins off I wonder if there is something in development there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    In the latest issue of his back-up in Batman, Bao seemed more receptive to working with Tim.

Given that a lot of these back-ups and Urban Legends stories are leading to spins off I wonder if there is something in development there.
    For the first sentence, that's cool, as it means things seems to be on-track for how they seemed to have been progressing all along. For the second sentence, a spin-off featuring Bao/Clownhunter in a full-form comic (so not a one-shot or backups, even if it's just a mini) would be excellent.

Astonishing Member

The pages where Tim rescues and helps remove the fear toxins from Clownhunter. Tim even seems to reinforce Bao's weapon of choice. For Bao's part, the events really do seem to be leading him to be more receptive to help from the other Gotham vigilantes.

So, Clownhunter has a crush on Tim? That's neat.
    I really like the character, I'd like to see him continue to grow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I haven't read the full story yet, but where specifically was Bao having a crush on Tim relayed? (Any screens of it?)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It could be a crush but I think it is more admiration and reliability.

Batman and Red Hood, they approached Bao as a kid who needs their help (which he does) and offered him different paths. However, Tim approached him as a colleague, even though he just saved his life.

Astonishing Member

It could be a crush but I think it is more admiration and reliability.

Batman and Red Hood, they approached Bao as a kid who needs their help (which he does) and offered him different paths. However, Tim approached him as a colleague, even though he just saved his life.
    This makes sense, especially with the tonally different approach Red Robin took, plus Clownhunter's dawning character growth.

Extraordinary Member

Don't know Tim just offering a guy, who killed twentysomething people to team up with him, and even fixing or improving the weapon he used for that, feels pretty out of character.

The same kind of goes for Bruce...

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I haven't read the full story yet, but where specifically was Bao having a crush on Tim relayed? (Any screens of it?)
    All I've seen so far is the sample pages here.
    Where Clownhunter gazes at Tim with wide eyes and has trouble talking around him.
    If this were a woman he were talking to in this scene, I think people would be quicker to think he had a crush.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know Tim just offering a guy, who killed twentysomething people to team up with him, and even fixing or improving the weapon he used for that, feels pretty out of character.

The same kind of goes for Bruce...
    Agreed. I don't like how they have characters like Bruce and Tim be so casual about Clownhunter's killing.

I also didn't like the fact that Tin fixed Bao's weapon but for now. I am hoping that Tim is using the 2 to 3 days window that his Bao's weapon is basically not functional to get through to him.

Astonishing Member

Clownhunter's story from the Batman backups continues in Urban Legends.