Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wonder Woman and Superman have fought multiple times and Dc has had it be draw generally. So to say Wonder Woman can't fight Clark is wrong if we go by the fact Dc has gone on multiple times with it being a draw most of the time. Diana also has magic on her side.She can with stand Superman's punches and she has multiple times. Superman has sensitive hearing and Diana can easily deal with that. Her tiara can cut him and Her lasso makes no one can escape.

Death Metal at least that Wonder Woman has beaten Clark. JL went to Amazon. Superman couldn't life Tartarus barrier but Diana could. It could be because it's magic. But the point is Diana is a symbol of almost all the JL main members. Which is important. The fact is Dc will never let Superman or Wonder Woman ever fully win. Just neither or at times. But like I said Diana fought Superman in Pre Crisis ended in a Draw. Most of their fights in a draw. Because Diana is suppose to be the second most powerful person in Dc next to Clark. She is suppose to be around his level.

Has for Starfire. I get it. I mean Superman has been drain of Solar energy before but the fact remainds how quick she is and how far. All I know is depends on the version she gets stronger by how much solor enegry she takes in. She can also blast her Starbolts to take his energy which can take long ranges. Even with the eye lasers that would help her too. But it's all how quick she is. Which is hard to say due to the fact We don't know how fast she is But what's clear is she can get stronger with how much she takes in more and more. in versions

Also Much like Clark she can release all the Solar Energy in her body. I'm guess she can control how that energy that it can absorb energy all around her including Clark's
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-22-2021 at 06:50 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Has for Starfire. I get it. I mean Superman has been drain of Solar energy before but the fact remainds how quick she is and how far. All I know is depends on the version she gets stronger by how much solor enegry she takes in. She can also blast her Starbolts to take his energy which can take long ranges. Even with the eye lasers that would help her too. But it's all how quick she is. Which is hard to say due to the fact We don't know how fast she is But what's clear is she can get stronger with how much she takes in more and more. in versions

Also Much like Clark she can release all the Solar Energy in her body. I'm guess she can control how that energy that it can absorb energy all around her including Clark's
    The problem is that ‘we don’t know how quick Starfire is’ happens to be by comparison to a normal human.

So far, we have nothing to show he even in the ballpark of ‘near-lightspeed’, which means Clark wrecks her.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah, here, she's only as fast as she's actually shown to be. Which is a statue compared to Superman. And one hit from him would turn her into a fine red mist.

Like... For frame of reference, Superman destroyed a planet by jumping off it when he was almost out of solar energy, to the point he couldn't fly. Even if Starfire can drain him, even his drained power levels are enough to where he'd red mist her.

She is not comparable to Wonder Woman, even if they fought once. Kory was the aggressor, and Diana was trying to talk her down and kept the kid gloves on. She has to because a serious hit would kill Kory.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-22-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'd certainly agree that if post crisis Diana isn't as strong as the gal Kryptonians she's close enough for it not to matter. There's a pretty good fight by Gail Simone between the two. It show cases their powers quite well. I'd say PG came across as slightly more powerful but you could definitely argue otherwise, and once Diana actually started using her warrior skills on her it wasn't even a contest.

But honestly, this is why I prefer examining their stand alone feats. For some characters fights are all we have, but the big names have a lot more appearances.
    Well, by stand alone feats. Post Crisis Diana has better feats than them unless i'm missing something. So when added to the fact that she has also fought them and proved to be a challenge for them. I think all that proves Diana is in their league. That being said, unless Kory is consistently shown doing things she didn't do before. Superman shouldn't have a problem beating her.

Starfire was on a team for many years with a real-deal speedster known as Wally West. He showed speed feats in every issue, and she showed none, even in life-or-death situations where another speedster would have been crucial. It is a logical fallacy to assume that Starfire has superhuman speed until it is disproven. The burden of proof is on the person asserting that she has superhuman speed, and we haven't seen any evidence yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Starfire was on a team for many years with a real-deal speedster known as Wally West. He showed speed feats in every issue, and she showed none, even in life-or-death situations where another speedster would have been crucial. It is a logical fallacy to assume that Starfire has superhuman speed until it is disproven. The burden of proof is on the person asserting that she has superhuman speed, and we haven't seen any evidence yet.
    With you there.

I mean, is Starfire faster than a normal, real-world human? I have no doubt. I'm guessing she likely has some decent feats for that.

But superspeedster? Need more than just the usual PIS of 'she fought against people who have superspeed, but who weren't shown using their superspeed'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Superman but kori can put up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Iz_dabz View Post
    Superman but kori can put up a fight.
    I will ask, based on what? How will Kori put up a fight when she's effectively a statue to Clark, who can KO her with a couple of superspeed punches (likely only one, but sure, let's hit her twice to make sure)?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-27-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Why are we here?

Regardless of speed, could he not just thunderclap her to death or something? Why would he need to get close to her, even assuming she could drain him quickly enough for it to matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    So the thing about Superman is that for the last 30 years some writers treat him as being head and shoulders above any other member of the Justice League. Post crisis, this wasn't really the case.
    Post Crisis was 30+ years ago. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Post Crisis was 30+ years ago. :P
    [dies a little on the inside]

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    [dies a little on the inside]
    Psst... Marvel’s Mutant Massacre, New Universe (and Strikeforce Morituri... greatly missed, but largely insignificant), and DC’s Dark Knight Returns, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow and Watchmen are 35 years old this year.

X-Force, Carnage, Darkhawk and the Infinity Gauntlet are 30 years old.

And Superman’s wedding to Lois, as well as the whole Onslaught thing are 25 years old.

Dude, we’re old. Really, really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Psst... Marvel’s Mutant Massacre, New Universe (and Strikeforce Morituri... greatly missed, but largely insignificant), and DC’s Dark Knight Returns, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow and Watchmen are 35 years old this year.

X-Force, Carnage, Darkhawk and the Infinity Gauntlet are 30 years old.

And Superman’s wedding to Lois, as well as the whole Onslaught thing are 25 years old.

Dude, we’re old. Really, really old.
    I was alive for some of these things!

... now I'm sad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I used to collect Morituri. Before it went crappy and weird about 15 issues in.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I will ask, based on what? How will Kori put up a fight when she's effectively a statue to Clark, who can KO her with a couple of superspeed punches (likely only one, but sure, let's hit her twice to make sure)?
    I suspect the real answer is that the guy you responded to has a grand total on nine posts and needs time to learn the rules.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I suspect the real answer is that the guy you responded to has a grand total on nine posts and needs time to learn the rules.
    Probably true.

Hopefully he does, but hasn’t been back in a day and a half despite his interest in another thread.
    Why are we here?