Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She can fast to different galaxies in minutes. Also her Starbolts that she can hit Clark with can drain energy also. So she doesn't always need to be close to her opponent. She can even be close or just hit them with her bolts. Clark might have raw speed but Combat speed is also just has important. Clark still has to think a lot more than Diana or Kory.
    This is just wrong.

Kory is a statue compared to Clark. The fact that she can fly quickly has nothing to do with combat speed. Clark is a legit near-light-speed reaction guy, Kory isn't even a speedster, at least not that I've ever heard.

And you can't compare Kory to Diana - Diana is a bit slower than Clark and a hell of a lot weaker, but she's orders of magnitude faster, by feats, then Starfire.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This is just wrong.

Kory is a statue compared to Clark. The fact that she can fly quickly has nothing to do with combat speed. Clark is a legit near-light-speed reaction guy, Kory isn't even a speedster, at least not that I've ever heard.

And you can't compare Kory to Diana - Diana is a bit slower than Clark and a hell of a lot weaker, but she's orders of magnitude faster, by feats, then Starfire.
    She is already to fly light speeds too. I'm not speed on speeds as in running. But she has fought another one of Kyrptions before.

Also here. Superman if we take this page at face value. Reaction speed is slower than Diana.THis means Kori is quicker on her feet.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-14-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

She is already to fly light speeds too. I'm not speed on speeds as in running. But she has fought another one of Kyrptions before.

Also here. Superman if we take this page at face value. Reaction speed is slower than Diana.THis means Kori is quicker on her feet.

Without even touching on the merit of Batman's claim... What does Wonder Woman being faster than Superman have to do with Kori? She isn't Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

This is just wrong.

Diana is sure as heck not slower in combat or reactionary speed than Superman, and was before the huge Flaspoint nerf also not a hell of a lot weaker, and you could maybe stop to lowball apparently all versions of her at any possible time before this will end with some ridiculous Cap comparision again.

With that being said, Starfire is not even in Superman and Wonder Woman's tier, and neither her combat nor reactionary speed is even close to Clark's.

Starfire beating that Kryptonian is not considered a valid feat on this board, because we go by high-end feats IF they are consistent with the presentation of the character. Starfire has never been presented as a speedster or even a bullet-timer, so a couple of outlier feats are considered to be inconsistent with that presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Diana is sure as heck not slower in combat or reactionary speed than Superman, and was before the huge Flaspoint nerf also not a hell of a lot weaker, and you could maybe stop to lowball apparently all versions of her at any possible time before this will end with some ridiculous Cap comparision again.

With that being said, Starfire is not even in Superman and Wonder Woman's tier, and neither her combat nor reactionary speed is even close to Clark's.
    I'm not downgrading Diana. Post-Crisis Diana is, by all evidence, slower than Post-Crisis Clark. He has blitzed her before and she was incapable of doing much of anything about it. Rebirth? Don't make me laugh. Pre-Crisis? An even larger margin. Diana is very fast, Clark is faster.

And as far as you thinking that this is 'personal' - I prefer Diana to Clark in most media. I would love to be able to honestly say that Diana is faster than Clark, I just can't.

This isn't just me, by the way, this has been brought up dozens of times on this board, and the general consensus is that Post Crisis Clark is somewhat faster than Post Crisis Diana. Not a lot faster, not even "blitz" faster, but somewhat faster.

And of course, this fight is Kory against Clark, and Kory is a statue.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

And yet Diana is able to be faster enough to do just has great of feats has Superman. Here is the thing. There will always been panels that will go against that. Diana has the quickest reflexes in Dc. Able to keep up with the fastest and dc has called her the second strongest person next to Superman. So it's not like she doesn't have anything in her capable to beat him. Also it's not like Diana hadn't fought Superman before in both Post Crisis and Ore-Crisis ending in draws

With Kori I'm saying is her reflexes would be faster not only that but Kori can be powered by others she takes energy from. Meaning her drain Superman will make her stronger.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-15-2021 at 06:29 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Setting aside the Diana business, Kory won’t have a chance to drain Clark unless he sits there and allows it.

He won’t, and he’s waaaaay to fast for her, based on the lack of combat speed feats we’ve been shown here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

3A6F8F07-23A6-43D2-8149-1E3B75E73E82.jpg

Here is one. Just fighting the Amazons who are above human standards

And yet Diana is able to be faster enough to do just has great of feats has Superman. Here is the thing. There will always been panels that will go against that. Diana has the quickest reflexes in Dc. Able to keep up with the fastest and dc has called her the second strongest person next to Superman. So it's not like she doesn't have anything in her capable to beat him. Also it's not like Diana hadn't fought Superman before in both Post Crisis and Ore-Crisis ending in draws

With Kori I'm saying is her reflexes would be faster not only that but Kori can be powered by others she takes energy from. Meaning her drain Superman will make her stronger.
    There are many much stronger people in DC then Superman (Darkseid is an obvious one, Doomsday, etc.), and there are many people who are roughly exactly as strong as he is (notably, obviously, other Kryptonians, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Captain Marvel/Shazam, etc.). ALL of them are stronger than Diana, based on what actually happens on panel.

Saying Diana has the quickest reflexes in DC is strictly laughable: whoever the high end Flash of the day is MUCH faster and quicker than Diana, to chuck out one example easily. And again, Clark is quicker than Diana.

Of course, to go back once again to the topic at bar here, Kory is literally a statue compared to either so she just dies before she even knows the fight starts. She doesn't get a minute to start draining Clark while he stands there and lets her.

3A6F8F07-23A6-43D2-8149-1E3B75E73E82.jpg

Here is one. Just fighting the Amazons who are above human standards
    Above human standards. Really? So, in your mind, is Superman above human standards?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Above human standards. Really? So, in your mind, is Superman above human standards?
    Well I mean, he IS.

Well, above them. But still works with what you asked.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Are standard Amazons generally portrayed as being more superhuman than, say, Batman? ISTR that Lex Luthor's personal bodyguard Mercy is supposed to be a defected Amazon, and I don't recall her being much of a match for anyone above Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well I mean, he IS.

Well, above them. But still works with what you asked.
    I know, I was just trying to express how silly it is to say that "I beat up three toddlers and a Cabbage Patch Doll, I can totally kick Mike Tyson's ass."

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I know, I was just trying to express how silly it is to say that "I beat up three toddlers and a Cabbage Patch Doll, I can totally kick Mike Tyson's ass."
    If those toddlers are PPGs I think you've got a chance!

So yeah. Were these just generic Amazons, or some the named super badass ones like Wonder Woman?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!