Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Pretty sure that's the case. Everyone from creators, artists and Marvel have never mentioned it again (for months now). Other Outlaw books continued after the long delay.

Unless it's going straight to trade, which it may - but there's been no word on that. So I suspect that it's simply gone.
    Yeah, they never completed it, and the artist has now moved onto Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Far be it from me to speak for skyvolt2000, but nobody in their right mind was wanting anybody to get attacked. He was just pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards in how creatives in the comics industry who happened to be female, nonwhite, and/or LGBTQ+ would get viciously harangued and even violently threatened for expressing a viewpoint or just daring to exist in a space regarded by certain people as their domain alone. I would also say that the YouTube community and the comics community do overlap, considering how many YouTube channels exist for the sake of explaining and analyzing comics and the characters that feature in them --- or simply attacking certain comics, characters, and creators for daring to be published at all.
    Correct.

It was funny those two creators were left alone yet others including Geoff Johns have been attacked over creating POC.

If restraint can be shown to a writer who is KNOWN for satire in his books (He is the same writer who did Deadpool vs Black Panther), it should have been shown to everyone else.

Not this cherry picking agenda of rage-that at times shows a LACK of comic book knowledge.

Let the book come out and be judge for it's content once it's out. Because at the END of the day they still got paid something and Marvel looks bad for pandering to yet another echo chamber.

Who don't buy Marvel books to begin with.

Who were NOT interested in the first place.

Yet let a POC or a suspect character appear at DC or Marvel-here they come to throw fits.

Speedball would not have survived.
    Night Thrasher CERTAINLY would not have survived and McDuffie's Black skater pitch would be used as ammo to justify the hate.
    Sil would not be around as she would be view as some woke pandering project for handicap folks (Oracle and Cyborg say HI).
    Marvel Boy killing his Dad would be viewed as an attack on WHITE MEN.
    Don't let the Nova on the team be Sam Alexander.

The OG Warriors would get attacked just as hard and worst then the recent version. Along with Milestone.

So is that new book that everyone laughed at just cancelled or what
    Marvel still has the book under subscriptions.

Subscriptions is updated-so no one can say it's out of date. Yet the book still has it's summaries for 3 issues.

Amazon has 7 reviews on a book that is not out.

Ultimate Member

If you had to make a New Warriors team that could only have ONE of the original (Firestar, Justice, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Nova or Speedball) - and the rest of the roster has to be former members - see: http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/by-volume ) - who would you have on your team of a total of seven members (six former, plus the one original).
    Nova feels like he's really leveled up and beyond the others, at this point, so he's right out. Justice and Firestar as well, to a lesser extent. Namorita, kinda, also she's still got some unresolved issues. Which leaves Speedball, who feels like he kind of needs to bounce back to this level, after his Penance crap, and Night Thrasher, who didn't always get the development he kinda needed.

I'd keep Speedball, and *a* Night Thrasher, but, twist, Dwayne is retired from costumed adventuring and running his company like a responsible business owner not named Tony Stark, and someone else is in the suit (suggested to be Donnell). He also serves as a mentor and backer for the team, so long as they don't do anything crazy irresponsible and get him sued!

The rest of the team are;

Timeslip
    Sun Girl
    Water Snake
    Haechi
    Striker (from Avengers Academy, the invevitable trouble-maker)

'Night Thrasher' displays truly amazing athleticism and fighting ability, which leads some to think it's Spider-Kaine under the mask, or Donnell is juicing MGH or something, and more credence is lent to the theory that it's Donnell when Silhouette is seen talking privately with him and touching his arm in a familiar gesture, but it is revealed finally that this iteration of Night Thrasher is Aaron Chord, who formerly went by the name Midnight's Fire, and is assumed to still be a villain!

And yeah, I broke the rules a bit with Striker and Midnight's Fire, but if I had to stick to previous members, I'd swap them out with Debrii and Donnell (who doesn't count as one of the originals, I'd imagine). I wouldn't mind one of Psionex in the 'former villain' role, but, gosh, I don't actually like any of them!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-07-2021 at 12:09 AM.

If you had to make a New Warriors team that could only have ONE of the original (Firestar, Justice, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Nova or Speedball) - and the rest of the roster has to be former members - see: http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/by-volume ) - who would you have on your team of a total of seven members (six former, plus the one original).
    Great idea! Here's my seven (7) member team...

Rage/Silhouette/Darkhawk

Chamber/Jubilee

Timeslip/Speedball

... I wouldn't mind seeing Nova lead a team of (all new) New Warriors but have them as a space-based team. Visiting different planets, righting wrongs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

It was funny those two creators were left alone yet others including Geoff Johns have been attacked over creating POC.

If restraint can be shown to a writer who is KNOWN for satire in his books (He is the same writer who did Deadpool vs Black Panther), it should have been shown to everyone else.

Not this cherry picking agenda of rage-that at times shows a LACK of comic book knowledge.

Let the book come out and be judge for it's content once it's out. Because at the END of the day they still got paid something and Marvel looks bad for pandering to yet another echo chamber.

Yet let a POC or a suspect character appear at DC or Marvel-here they come to throw fits.

Night Thrasher CERTAINLY would not have survived and McDuffie's Black skater pitch would be used as ammo to justify the hate.
    Sil would not be around as she would be view as some woke pandering project for handicap folks (Oracle and Cyborg say HI).

The OG Warriors would get attacked just as hard and worst then the recent version. Along with Milestone.

Subscriptions is updated-so no one can say it's out of date. Yet the book still has it's summaries for 3 issues.

I'm still steeped in Volume 1 (being bogged down by reading other stuff too) and I'm loving the 90s messiness of the series and glad Fabian got away with a lot of the stuff he wrote. I feel like people who are going on either a "conservative" or "woke" rampage on old media are because they have no control of their own material condition. And a lot of time they cause an uproar for material gain (YouTube grifters) or for imaginary social capital (the number of retweets a person receives).

If those people actually cared about social discourse they would be talking about actual issues that impact minority groups. But that's not seen as sexy and is quite boring, frustrating, and tedious. It's going to get to a point where there will be no messy, pulpy art.

Regarding the subscription page, when I contacted Midtown Comics about it they said Marvel still hasn't made a decision about canceling the series or not. Also, that trailer for the comic is still up. Disney/Marvel is usually good with wiping away things that cause bad press. But even after bad press this is still around. Why?

Extraordinary Member

I didn’t mind the team that left the Initiative:
    Justice (as original member), Rage, Ultragirl, Debrii, Slapstick, and Night Thrasher II. Add on Silhouette

Should Disney+ release the New Warriors TV show pilot?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-most-want...e-disney-plus/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

Thanks, and good point about how even the original New Warriors would have faced (some level of) backlash from the same crowd to which you refer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Nova feels like he's really leveled up and beyond the others, at this point, so he's right out. Justice and Firestar as well, to a lesser extent. Namorita, kinda, also she's still got some unresolved issues. Which leaves Speedball, who feels like he kind of needs to bounce back to this level, after his Penance crap, and Night Thrasher, who didn't always get the development he kinda needed.

I'd keep Speedball, and *a* Night Thrasher, but, twist, Dwayne is retired from costumed adventuring and running his company like a responsible business owner not named Tony Stark, and someone else is in the suit (suggested to be Donnell). He also serves as a mentor and backer for the team, so long as they don't do anything crazy irresponsible and get him sued!

The rest of the team are;

Timeslip
    Sun Girl
    Water Snake
    Haechi
    Striker (from Avengers Academy, the invevitable trouble-maker)

'Night Thrasher' displays truly amazing athleticism and fighting ability, which leads some to think it's Spider-Kaine under the mask, or Donnell is juicing MGH or something, and more credence is lent to the theory that it's Donnell when Silhouette is seen talking privately with him and touching his arm in a familiar gesture, but it is revealed finally that this iteration of Night Thrasher is Aaron Chord, who formerly went by the name Midnight's Fire, and is assumed to still be a villain!

And yeah, I broke the rules a bit with Striker and Midnight's Fire, but if I had to stick to previous members, I'd swap them out with Debrii and Donnell (who doesn't count as one of the originals, I'd imagine). I wouldn't mind one of Psionex in the 'former villain' role, but, gosh, I don't actually like any of them!
    Cool idea thus far, and I can understand not liking anyone in Psionex, even if I'm a bit fonder of Pretty Persuasions than I perhaps should be. That said, Midnight's Fire as the "new" Night Thrasher would be cool, as I liked how Eve Ewing handled him in his appearances in her Ironheart series.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    I'm still steeped in Volume 1 (being bogged down by reading other stuff too) and I'm loving the 90s messiness of the series and glad Fabian got away with a lot of the stuff he wrote. I feel like people who are going on either a "conservative" or "woke" rampage on old media are because they have no control of their own material condition. And a lot of time they cause an uproar for material gain (YouTube grifters) or for imaginary social capital (the number of retweets a person receives).

If those people actually cared about social discourse they would be talking about actual issues that impact minority groups. But that's not seen as sexy and is quite boring, frustrating, and tedious. It's going to get to a point where there will be no messy, pulpy art.

Regarding the subscription page, when I contacted Midtown Comics about it they said Marvel still hasn't made a decision about canceling the series or not. Also, that trailer for the comic is still up. Disney/Marvel is usually good with wiping away things that cause bad press. But even after bad press this is still around. Why?
    Good point about how whether it's on "old media" or "new media," people will exploit outrage and uproar in one direction or another for the sake of maximizing personal profit or clout, as opposed to addressing real problems in society that do disproportionately impact women, nonwhite people, members of the LGBTQ+ community, adherents of non-Christian faiths (or no faiths at all), etc. because doing that hard work doesn't score much in the way of immediate attention or other instant gratification.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... I wouldn't mind seeing Nova lead a team of (all new) New Warriors but have them as a space-based team. Visiting different planets, righting wrongs, etc.
    Agreed. It might also be a benefit for Firestar, since she's more powerful in outer space and can finally let loose for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-most-want...e-disney-plus/
    Not unless it’s reworked

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I didn’t mind the team that left the Initiative:
    Justice (as original member), Rage, Ultragirl, Debrii, Slapstick, and Night Thrasher II. Add on Silhouette
    Ah, Ultragirl and Debrii!

That was one of my boggles with making a team, is that they had so darn many cool ladies. I kept ending up with something out of a harem anime with one dude and six ladies, like a reverse big 7 Justice League... (Water Snake, Sun Girl, Debrii, Ultragirl, Timeslip, Silhouette and random token sausage!)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah, Ultragirl and Debrii!

That was one of my boggles with making a team, is that they had so darn many cool ladies. I kept ending up with something out of a harem anime with one dude and six ladies, like a reverse big 7 Justice League... (Water Snake, Sun Girl, Debrii, Ultragirl, Timeslip, Silhouette and random token sausage!)
    Indeed. I had the same problem. Since I could only include seven . . . I ended up having to dump Hummingbird and Sun Girl.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. It might also be a benefit for Firestar, since she's more powerful in outer space and can finally let loose for a change
    Wait a minute... black helmet Novas were a thing before Sam?

That wasn't new warriors. That was the great lakes avengers with some warriors thrown in. Why not call it great lakes avengers?